Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anonymous 2 ( )
Date: May 29, 2016 04:36PM

Or a plug for the morg's "BYU Pathways"?????

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: EveEphraim ( )
Date: May 29, 2016 04:43PM

No, ours was all about the new pamphlet/resources for Teaching in the Savior's Way, and how everyone will be on a teaching council to support each other.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 29, 2016 04:45PM

...bright paint, new fins; same worn out drive train.

Posted by: nonamekid ( )
Date: May 29, 2016 04:47PM

Most of us here don't have Priesthood or Relief Society.

Posted by: gatorman ( )
Date: May 29, 2016 05:00PM

Ours was on increasing our Fast Offerings

By the way has anyone read the curious statement at the bottom of tithing slips? Something to the effect donations become the property of the church and they will attempt to place the funds in the category where they are donated but no guarantees as the global mission of the church must be met.

I asked my bishop in combined meeting today if I donated to the Fast Offering could I be assured it would be used locally? Silence. Heads looking downward. Sadly he stated he was unaware of the disclaimer. At my age I can easily tell when LDS are pissed

Gatoman

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2016 05:05PM by gatorman.

Posted by: readwrite ( )
Date: May 31, 2016 12:33AM

gatorman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
"Ours was on increasing our ego"

> By the way has anyone read the curious statement
> at the bottom of tithing slips? Something to the
> effect donations become the property of the church
> and they will attempt to place the funds in the
> category where they are donated but no guarantees
> as the global mission of the church must be met.
>
> I asked my bishop in combined meeting today if I
> donated to the Fast Offering could I be assured it
> would be used locally? Silence. Heads looking
> downward. Sadly he stated he was unaware of the
> disclaimer.

Liars suck... and so do people in 'leadership' that [claim they] haven't read the fine print.

{I paid - was forced to pay by the LDS doctrine, principle/ family (who was forced, lied to/ snookered (into believing J.S.S!) bishop, ensign, eqp, PP, SST, profit, unconscious... etc. - tithing as a kid... and then thought about it [as an adult] later in life (I too later noticed they changed the fine print in the meantime: CASH can go wherever the snakes (the later day snakes) want it to. Check it out yo-}

The whole whore of 'the Mormon "church"' is crooked - Christ not found anywhere in or near it - it being more concerned with it's name/ image than doing what is right (doing what it says it will or is doing! Being honest and transparent) with the sacred people's trust and honour and simply quit interfering with it's member's lives!

I've got something combined: my L&R miDDle fingers fully extended.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2016 01:23AM by readwrite.

Date: June 01, 2016 03:42PM

Doesn't their silence says lots about the morg with this!??

Posted by: tensolator ( )
Date: May 31, 2016 12:45AM

I was in the desert, playing golf.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2016 12:45AM by tensolator.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: May 31, 2016 08:58AM

Well, I have to give accolades where they are due. And I think that Pathways program is fabulous. I know if I had stayed a married mormon and had more children I would not have been able to go back and finish college as I did. I would have jumped on that bandwagon in a heartbeat. There are SO many mormon women who just went to college to find husbands and then find out later that they need an education to help with the family finances or just to booster their self-esteem and feel like they accomplished a goal they never should have given up on. There are also men who had to drop out to support families they had too early who are taking advantage of it.

This is one thing I will not condemn them for touting, even if the end goal for TSCC is more money coming in. I even know a retired mormon woman who won't need a degree for a career, but just wants to get it and is working on it through that program. I seriously applaud those women. The only problem I've seen with it is that some people, especially mormon women who have no education, don't understand how much work it is. I actually heard "well they are JUST doing that online program, they should be able to do this and this and that."

When I went back to college and was working full-time, I had to take a couple of courses online to fit them into my schedule. They were the hardest classes I took. The time you would normally be sitting in class listening to a lecture, you have to spend reading that material or watching videos amid interruptions. Then they still have all the work to do. It isn't easy and I want to slap anyone who thinks those people are not in college and should be able to take care of 6 kids and be RS pres while in the Pathways program. Now granted, there are some for-profit colleges where the work is minimal. They will pass you no matter what because if they don't, they lose an income stream. I don't believe the programs through regular accredited state or private colleges are like that nearly so much.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2016 08:59AM by NormaRae.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: May 31, 2016 03:01PM

I took a hybrid course (half in-class and half online.) It was much more work than most other undergraduate courses that I've taken. There were a lot of assignments that had to be completed. A fair amount of it seemed to be busy-work to give the professor something to grade. I prefer in-person classes where possible. I think that students who do not interact in person with their fellow students lose out.

Date: June 01, 2016 03:45PM

What if they took out the morg religious B.S. and the weekly religious b's meetings!??? Which are 30% of your grade!!!

Posted by: desertman ( )
Date: May 31, 2016 02:13PM

I don't know. I don't deign to attend them!

Posted by: Doubting Thomas ( )
Date: May 31, 2016 10:39PM

Well, something isn't fucking working with correlation!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.