Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 26, 2016 12:39AM

Here's the link to one version of this story:
http://www.vocativ.com/322475/leaked-mormon-social-media/

I have a recollection of getting to Imgr to look at the draft via a post here on RfM and I think I added a comment, regarding a couple of the very culty rules, like both companions must be able to see each other's computer screen at all times, and each companion is privy to the other's communications save for the weekly letter home and letters to the MP.

But I didn't see this particular item, which I found when perusing the story in the linked article:

"Do not engage in conversations with individuals whose only goal is to destroy your testimony. “Unfriend” or “block” any individual who is only interested in arguing with you, destroying your faith, or undermining the progress of investigators. Talk to your mission president for his guidance if you encounter such circumstances."

Scared much, COB?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cpete ( )
Date: May 26, 2016 01:59AM

Yes unblock faith, friend a testamonkey, disengage in make belief. That's my argument and you shouldn't listen. Just believe me..

Posted by: jiminycricket ( )
Date: May 26, 2016 02:35AM

"Do not engage in conversations with individuals whose only goal is to destroy your testimony."

SHOULD READ:

"Do not engage in conversations with individuals whose only goal is to TELL YOU THE TRUTH because WE DON'T."

Posted by: RPackham ( )
Date: May 26, 2016 10:49AM

"Do not engage in conversations with individuals whose only goal is to destroy your testimony."

That is a direct violation of D&C 71:7-9, commanding the Saints to "confound your enemies; call upon them to meet you both in public and in private... let them bring forth their strong reasons against the Lord... and inasmuch as ye are faithful their shame shall be made manifest."

Gee... don't the Brethren read their own scriptures?

Posted by: lillium ( )
Date: May 26, 2016 12:26PM

I prefer their new method of ignoring and avoiding. When they were using their old method, I can't count the number of times they would shut down and not even listen, then say "You just made my testimony stronger! Thank you!"

Posted by: Forgetting Abigail ( )
Date: May 26, 2016 02:29PM

Not to mention "Study it out in your mind", the first part of D&C 9:8 that they so conveniently forget. I don't know about you, but when I study things out in my mind I like to take information from all sources, weigh the pros and cons, you know, stuff like that helps me come to an informed conclusion.

Posted by: Bamboozled ( )
Date: May 26, 2016 11:25AM

If it has come down to this, the LDS Church has lost.

Posted by: liesarenotuseful ( )
Date: May 26, 2016 11:25AM

"disconnect immediately and completely from listening to the proselytizing efforts of those who have lost their faith"

Matches up with BYU commencement address.

What a flimsy testimony they must have, to be so scared of it being DESTROYED.

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: May 26, 2016 01:19PM

In other words- "Spout mormon crap 24/7, on social media, in parking lots & stores. Knock on people's doors to talk about YOUR religion. BUT- run away and cut others out of your world if they try the exact same actions that you do."
Hell of a way to go through life.

Posted by: Gentle Gentile ( )
Date: May 26, 2016 11:45AM

How much torture will it take to find the mole?

Posted by: Myron Donnerbalken ( )
Date: May 26, 2016 11:45AM

Didn't there used to be some bullshit about Mormonism withstanding scrutiny?

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: May 26, 2016 01:06PM

Hugh ("B") Brown said that...

just sayin'

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 26, 2016 01:18PM

J. Ruben Clark also weighed in on it:

"If we have the truth, it cannot be harmed by investigation; if we have not the truth, it ought be to be harmed."

Posted by: jiminycricket ( )
Date: May 26, 2016 02:14PM

The RFM post containing the link was removed. Why? That's not my call.

I saved the link and copied every page into a MS Word document and then converted it into a PDF file. I didn't want the information to disappear. The document is called "Missionary Work in the Digital Age" (30 or so pages).

Posted by: Gentle Gentile ( )
Date: May 26, 2016 02:15PM

Someone at the other place is saving all of these.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.