Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: May 25, 2016 04:44PM

Since the church & TBM's have been more "public" about leaving a mission (or the MTC) early, almost every story I've read indicates that the missionary admits they have "mental illness" -- but wait a minute -- maybe they weren't actually ill, maybe cog diss' and other "Mormon pressures" is what's doing the damage.

Just a tho0ght./ Wait, wife's coming , gotta go0!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: never again ( )
Date: May 25, 2016 04:53PM

Amazing how the cure for "Mormon mental Illness" is coming home early and getting back into your life.

Posted by: dogeatdog ( )
Date: May 26, 2016 12:39AM

Yea - my sister in law's brother went on a mission and had to leave early due to some mysterious 'serious headaches' he was getting. He went to the doctor and they tried to figure it out, but came up with nothing. Supposedly the headaches persisted. After he got home, I heard nothing more about it.. ... Amazing how returning home seems to have magically cleared that up.

Posted by: Anziano Young ( )
Date: May 26, 2016 03:38AM

I didn't bother faking a bullshit "illness." I just told them I was going home.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: May 26, 2016 03:06PM

I have known a number of missionaries who came home early due to illness (mental, emotional, physical). Every single one of them was fine very soon after returning. I used to think they totally made up an illness to come home. I've kind of come 180 degrees and now believe it's the mission that caused whatever it was that was ailng them. It's probably more amazing that there are so many who do NOT develop a mental or emotional illness. And I applaud the ones who have the balls to come home.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.