Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: May 25, 2016 03:39PM

At 10:12 am, our latest drive by poster Dazzler, gave me a threat that something would happen to me within the next two hours, based on Dazzler communing with Jesus. This was because I made light of his/ her communion with Jesus and the question of whether it caused a lightning strike and blackout in Utah. My opinion being that if it did, he/ she is liable for any and all damages.

Well, its been over two hours and here is my report on how I'm doing. I'm at work so this is all for real......

1) The sustaining engineering team accepted my meeting invites to attend design transfer reviews, and they agreed to review all documents prior to the meeting. This will allow me to transfer 3 projects out of development and into production in a timely manner.

2) A very equitable agreement was made between the Design Engineers and Process Engineers (I'm a process engineer) that divides additional work between us, due to lacking Quality Engineering resources. Previous to this agreement there was dissension in the ranks about who was taking on the additional Quality Engineering work. The debate had been raging for about a year.

3) Management said that anyone at the office after 2:00 pm on Friday will be told to leave for the holiday weekend (we work a lot of free overtime as engineers). I'm off on Friday, so I'll apply that to Thursday (tomorrow).

4) It's after lunch and I haven't eaten, so I'll go get something yummy, finish out my day, go home, crack a cold beer and enjoy the fullness of nature that is my back yard. Then watch some TV with my lovely never-mo wife.

If something bad happens now, it can't be because of Dazzlers talk with Jesus, because it was a two hour time limit, and that has been exceeded.

So Dazzler.....is this what you asked Jesus for, for me? Your turn to return and report. And please do, I need to know if I should start talking to him again. I might need him to do me some favors like he does for you ;)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 25, 2016 03:46PM

I bet he/she repented and rather than ask for ghawd's ire, the request was made that you be blessed.

See? It worked!

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: May 25, 2016 04:09PM

Rather, god answered the prayer that should been prayed :)

Date: May 25, 2016 04:20PM

Ah, but there in lies the mystery.

You see, Dazzler first repented of going through the temple ordinances, and in return, Jesus sent a lightning bolt to a golden Moroni, perched high a-top the temple...and a black out on the inhabitants of SLC.

If Dazzler repented of something to do with me, shouldn't Jesus be sending a bolt my way? Shouldn't I be unable to type this at my computer because the power went out?

I just need some answers so I can make sense of the beauty and power that Jesus is apparently giving away to others. Is that too much to ask?

Posted by: spiritist ( )
Date: May 25, 2016 04:44PM

For Dazzler:

No need for repentance or need to suspect the 'real' Jesus, whom the myth, originated from could pay for any of your 'sins' or would.

It appears you are trying to be more open to 'spirit' but I suggest you read some books about it ----- it would help to get in the ball park before you try to hit a home run.

I suggest you learn and start meditating also if you are really interested in causing/impacting/seeing in advance ---- 'coincidences'.

No, yours were not even coincidences as you never asked for them to happen or visualized they would happen.

Good luck in your journey!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2016 04:44PM by spiritist.

Posted by: PollyDee ( )
Date: May 25, 2016 04:56PM

Just read through the proceeding thread... so hilarious!

This is a story for Dazzler....

Last night, DH blew up one of my mental hold-outs keeping me from disregarding all "spiritual experiences" that people claim they have. My experience was so undeniably profound that I was teetering in returning to some belief in spiritual intervention in our lives.

Four years ago, DH and I were returning home one evening. We had been sharing memories with each other about our son who had passed away some years prior. As we got out of the car, I was walking up to the front door when, suddenly, the front porch light turned on. It startled me, and at first I thought someone was in our home. I walked into the front door but didn't notice anything amiss. I thought to turn the front porch light off but just as I turned toward the switch, the light turned off by itself!

When my DH came in, I told him what had happened. We thought that maybe there was a movement sensor on the light that we didn't know about so we went outside and tried to get the light to go on again. No luck, there was not a movement sensor. So this is where my mind starts rationalizing trying to make sense of the impossible.

My religious magical thinking kicked in, and I decided that, just maybe, our son, whom we deeply miss, was trying to communicate with us from beyond the veil! I have been holding onto this cherished experience for four years.

Well, last night, DH went out to the garage, which is actually detached and some ways away from the house. When he came back in he announced to me that he now knows why the porch light turned on by itself four years ago. He stated that he had switched the light on in the garage, however, he then stepped back outside, but noticed that the porch light was on. Curious, he switched the garage light off and, sure enough, the porch light turned off. All these years, we had no idea that the garage light and the porch light were on the same electrical circuit!

Four years previous, DH had gone to the garage while I was walking up to the front porch of our house. There was no religious experience that night. It was my dear husband who had magically turned the light on and off!

Posted by: shortbobgirl ( )
Date: May 25, 2016 05:19PM

I doubt the drive by Dazzler will be back to answer you. He/She/It is off finding a new name to use tomorrow. Personally I think this is MeAgain rejoining us under a new name.

Posted by: SoCal ApostateKUX ( )
Date: May 25, 2016 05:30PM

+1

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 25, 2016 08:14PM

also agree...

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: May 25, 2016 08:18PM

Darn, I was sorta hoping that something bad (but not REALLY bad) would happen, so there would be the tiniest bit of evidence of a "god."
Oh, well, there's still none.
How about that. :)

Glad you had a good day, though, Jonny!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2016 08:18PM by ificouldhietokolob.

Posted by: dazzler ( )
Date: May 26, 2016 04:10AM

Firstly, I never said that anything good or bad would happen or that you would be struck with lightning. Initially I was seeking objective opinions on what I thought may have been a coincidence. My 2 hour challenge was not a threat at all, but for you to try & recognize the hand of the real Jesus Christ in your life... It seems like you did, but wont acknowledge. I dont pray for or anticipate the destruction or harm to anyone, but for the will of God to be done.

I understand that the lightning strike at the bountiful temple is more than likely random and not a result of my repentance no more than 2 hours before the strike. However, I cant help but to think that God does answer our prayers/needs in anyway he wants and can give us individual or group confirmation that he hears and loves us.

Posted by: Darren Steers ( )
Date: May 26, 2016 07:44AM

Your two hour challenge read very clearly as a threat.

If you didn't want it to be a threat then you should have written more clearly, or recanted immediately.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2016 07:58AM by scotslander.

Date: May 26, 2016 08:29AM

Scotslander,

First if all, I was not talking to you and your 2 cents you just gave does nothing for the argument. Lastly, I dont need to recant anything I typed because you and maybe others were offended or felt threatened. If you think the will of God is a game or somehow not authentic, I offer you the 2 hour challenge as well.

Date: May 26, 2016 09:02AM

Before I accept the 2 hour challenge, what exactly is the challenge?

You are again using your friend in the sky kind of threats, but when called on it, you deny it, claiming it wasn't a threat.

What is the 2 hour challenge exactly? Spell it out for me please.

Date: May 26, 2016 09:07AM

Its simple. Just pay close attention to your life & what happens in it within the next 2 hours. You should notice a rare occurrence.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2016 09:08AM by dazzler.

Date: May 26, 2016 09:13AM

You are being deliberately vague and full of ambiguity.

So let me see if I get this right.

I wait and see what happens in the next 2 hours or so of my life.

If something bad happens it is because you have been asking your friend in the sky to make something bad happen to me? This is some kind of punishment because I mocked God, thought it was a game, or not authentic somehow?

You don't know what that bad thing is, as it is beyond your control, it is up to the almighty God to decide my punishment?

If nothing happens, then no bother, the will of God is merciful, and he didn't decide to punish me? No harm, no foul kind of thing?

Posted by: Well Endowed ( )
Date: May 26, 2016 09:20AM

I read that in a fortune cookie once, so it must be twoo!

Posted by: Humberto ( )
Date: May 26, 2016 09:25AM

Ooh wow! I tried it and it works! Immediately after I read this post, an inspired thought came to me, "God damn, that Dazzler is one preachy person!" See? God was right there in my thoughts!

Date: May 26, 2016 09:21AM

The will of God will be done, thats all. Since you know everything and my "friend in the sky" has no power you should have no problem with the challenge right?... Do u accept?

Date: May 26, 2016 09:24AM

If u accept the 2 hour challenge be sure to tell the truth as to what happens.

Date: May 26, 2016 09:30AM

I totally accept the 2 hour challenge.

Let the will of God be upon me for my impertinence towards him.

Edit: I will also return and report, unless God has killed me, then I'll have a problem posting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2016 09:31AM by scotslander.

Date: May 26, 2016 09:29AM

Humberto,

Since u got so much to say & wanna joke about God's will for us, do u wanna take the challenge?

Posted by: Humberto ( )
Date: May 26, 2016 09:43AM

God has already told me his will for me. He says he wants me to make jokes about him. He says it helps keep him humble. I know, I know, "God will not be mocked." But he has given be permission, because he's really wanting to work on his anger issues, trying to quit being such a hardass and trying to be more laid back. Says that he no longer feels the need to send world wide floods, or turn people to salt. Says he likes the "new him". Go figure. The lightning on the temple? He says it was his attempt at a joke -- he now wants to give standup a try. But I let him know that he needs to work on his punchlines -- they're not very funny.

Date: May 26, 2016 10:32AM

Hmmmm..... are we talking to the same God? I think we are.

Shall we start a religion?

Date: May 26, 2016 09:34AM

Scotslander,

Your acceptance of the challenge is noted and starts now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2016 09:35AM by dazzler.

Posted by: westerly62 ( )
Date: May 26, 2016 10:23AM

I have no problem with someone's belief that God (however you define that) has your best interests in mind. It's when someone extends that belief to include a punitive God that works its mojo/voodoo on one's enemies that I start take exception.

JS created a sock-puppet God that he used to gain sex, money, power, and revenge. I see little difference in someone using their God to open a can of whoopass on their enemies.

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: May 26, 2016 09:36AM

This is pointless. I have had my fill of evangelicals lately living here in the Bible belt. One representative for a politician running for congress stopped by the house last week touting how the candidate was a devout Christian. Nothing was stated in the pamphlet about his qualifications for office other than he was a Christian with "Christian values". I rarely swear or yell, but this hit me as being terribly wrong. The poor rep got an earful.

Date: May 26, 2016 09:59AM

Why would there be an OR statement?

Nuts OR playing with us?

Surely it is more likely to be nuts AND playing with us ;o)

Date: May 26, 2016 09:42AM

Eric K,

Im sorry that you had to go through the agony of trying to explain why believing in Christ has no place in politics. However, since you're tired of people who believe in Christ and think its pointless, would u like to take the 2 hour challenge?

Posted by: blakballoon ( )
Date: May 26, 2016 09:43AM

Well, it's getting late here, I don't think I can hang around 2hrs. if you never post again scotslander I'll be sure to raise a glass in your memory;)

Date: May 26, 2016 09:44AM

Cheers! I appreciate that.

Date: May 26, 2016 09:45AM

Blakballon,

Its never too late to draw nearer to Christ. Since u got jokes, would u like to take the 2 hour challenge?

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: May 26, 2016 10:15AM

I was hoping to be dazzled. I wasn't.

Typical christian: If anything at all happens to you it means God. The Kardashians are less boring.

Date: May 26, 2016 10:15AM

I smell a T-Shirt opportunity!

"Will you take the 2 Hour Challenge?"

Just think of how many people could find their way to...to...well, I'm not really sure what exactly is found...but wouldn't it be great if everyone took the 2 hour challenge?

Dazzler wrote....

"My 2 hour challenge was not a threat at all, but for you to try & recognize the hand of the real Jesus Christ in your life... It seems like you did, but wont acknowledge."

What I "realize and acknowledge" regarding the 2 hours I spent in the Jesus wormhole of time yesterday was.....that my hard work and intelligence pays off in my career. Jesus doesn't show up like a Christmas elf and do my work at night when I go home. I come in early and I stay late, the work gets done, I get recognized and rewarded.

The success I measure in life is not brought about by a 2000 year old man god that dwells on a planet nigh unto Kolob, or in my heart, or in another dimension, or in my breath....wow, can you imagine the halitosis you'd have if you had a 2000 year old man god in your breath? IckY! Maybe that explains "temple breath".

Anyway, On behalf of the group, I'd like to thank you all, and I hope we pass the audition. :)

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: May 26, 2016 10:29AM

Your "2 hour challenge" as initially issues *was* a threat.
Your continued issuing of it is rather silly.

No, it's downright delusional.

Not a single person who took your "challenge" was converted to your belief in a magical man in the sky. Because nothing happened. Yet you continue to insist that something will. That, my friend, is the very definition of delusional -- adamantly holding onto a belief in the face of evidence that it's false.

Believe if you want. Just don't come here and try to push it on everyone else.

Blueorchid,

Since you weren't "Dazzled" by the outcome of another's challenge, would u like to take the 2 hour challenge?

Date: May 26, 2016 10:36AM

Ificouldhietokolob,

Im not pushing my beliefs on anyone. If you read the thread u would know that all of this started out as a question in regards to a prayer/conversation I had with Jesus. However, since u think im delusional, would u like to take the 2 hour challenge?

Date: May 26, 2016 10:40AM

Shortbobgirl,

Its very simple & you could know for yourself, would u like to take the 2 hour challenge?

Date: May 26, 2016 10:41AM

If you take the two hour challenge yourself right now you will find that you suddenly realize that it is necessary to "refresh" before posting the next comment and then it will align with the right post.

Yours truly,

Jesus.

Date: May 26, 2016 10:45AM

So cute, really?... Do u accept the challenge?

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: May 26, 2016 10:43AM

This is enough. Dazzler, go away. This has nothing to do with recovery.

Date: May 26, 2016 10:50AM

Eric K,

You guys are trying to degrade me & discredit God. I simply posted a question I had and now all of this. If you're so secure in yourself, do u accept the challenge?

Date: May 26, 2016 10:37AM

Posted by: shortbobgirl ( )

Give it up, no one wants to play with you. Go bug the JW's for a day

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.