Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: May 05, 2016 11:22PM

Wow. Big Brother is watching and Welcome to The Party - rats are always welcome.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: danielson ( )
Date: May 10, 2016 05:05PM

I think they need to go in a and remove Jesus' beard from all of the church materials then.

Posted by: Doxi ( )
Date: May 06, 2016 01:45AM

This is so infuriating in so many ways! The pure nastiness and arrogance of that sister ("I want it gone") is mind-boggling. I hope the brother disowns her sanctimonious @$$ and keeps his facial foliage.

P.S.- My brother has had a beard for nearly 50 years, and so I know what I'm talking about.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2016 11:09AM by Doxi.

Posted by: ModOne ( )
Date: May 06, 2016 03:33PM

Sister sounds like a control FREAK.

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: May 06, 2016 03:43PM

"Give us his name and number.." YIKES!!! Are they planning on sending him to His Holiness Elder Bednar? There he will be trained on the importance of dressing, eating, acting, speaking, and grooming in the manner of the Great Leader. Wait a minute. Is this campus of BYU in North Korea? Bednar's way is, of course, the only way one can be approved by God. Watch out Jesus! That beard, caftan, and long hair just gotta go. And don't even think about wearing sandals to priesthood meeting.

My last words on this matter are Heil Hitler.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: May 06, 2016 01:48AM

Ahhhh. Family. It's so nice to belong to religion that's all about family. Well, that is until they stab you in the back. That chick is a bitch.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: May 06, 2016 08:48AM

She gives bitches a bad name!

RB

Posted by: midwestanon ( )
Date: May 06, 2016 01:49AM

One of those times in my life where I would heartily approve of her getting a swift punch in the gut. From her brother.

Posted by: hell bent ( )
Date: May 06, 2016 07:56AM

Maybe he could return the favor and give her the hairdo of his liking as she sleeps. I'm thinking the "I want it gone" style would suit her personality.

Posted by: gettinreal ( )
Date: May 06, 2016 08:36AM

And HOW do you know that is real??

Posted by: EssexExMo ( )
Date: May 06, 2016 08:47AM

gettinreal Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And HOW do you know that is real??

true...... although my first thought was 'Poe' rather than 'hoax', either of those seems more likely than 'TBM Biatch'

Posted by: hell bent ( )
Date: May 06, 2016 08:49AM

gettinreal Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And HOW do you know that is real??

Obviously, no one but the poster of the image knows its source, and that poster may have done no more than copied it from another unknown source. You may have noticed that none of the responders here are investing too much time in it.

Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: May 06, 2016 09:18AM

He needs to get his hands on some testosterone gel (e.g., Androgel) and spike her tube of facial creme with it.

After a couple days when she starts to resemble a werewolf, maybe she'll get the message...

Posted by: shortbobgirl ( )
Date: May 06, 2016 10:43AM

My brother who has not hit me since I was about 3 and he was 6 would have beaten the snot out of me had I done something like this.

I would have deserved it.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: May 06, 2016 10:55AM

Brigham Young and Mosiah*: two guys who had, you know, beards.

*Well, if he actually existed, anyway...

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: May 10, 2016 04:09PM

Now I know why BY was thrown under the bus for his racist teachings, he had whisker just like Gabby Hayes.

Posted by: cognitivedissonance ( )
Date: May 06, 2016 12:06PM

The Russian KGB would encourage people to out their friends and neighbors. For the Greater Good of course! If violators were found out it was off to the Gulag with them.

Now the HC is expecting you to out your own people! Evil under the guise of being Church Sanctioned is still Evil.

Posted by: Gentle Gentile ( )
Date: May 06, 2016 12:10PM

You beat me to it. The old East Germany, China, etc....any of those places.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: May 06, 2016 02:23PM

What stood out to me was the line "I want it gone"

She is ratting him out to get her own way.

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: May 06, 2016 02:27PM

Jeez guys. The fact that she(or he) posted it, and the reply, online, should get your radar engaged. It's a hoax, trap or joke.

Date: May 06, 2016 02:43PM

Maybe. But they may also be indignant enough to post it online because they genuinely think they're right.

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: May 06, 2016 03:08PM

Really? You think the HCO, with all the international outrage, ridicule & negative attention from the BYU rape situation, that they'd be allowed to post ANYTHING today without approval from at least 3 different levels?

Date: May 06, 2016 07:05PM

I thought it was the sister who posted their response. Haven't looked into this, but it (1) may be a real situation or (2) just someone trying to embarrass the HCO.

And it seems that Mormons are tone deaf and arrogant enough that they don't care what the rest of the world thinks unless the Church's demise is imminent. This is about a beard, after all, not sexual assault.

Posted by: seekyr ( )
Date: May 10, 2016 05:58PM

I also thought it looked fake. The part about "your fine establishment" kind of stood out. Then in the reply they referred to themselves as "the Honor Code", which could have been a type-o, but it still seemed odd.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: May 06, 2016 06:48PM

So how exactly would the HCO handle this situation? My guess is that between terms, while a student is off campus they wouldn't care about some facial growth. What say ye, BYU alums?

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: May 07, 2016 03:14PM

Most of the Honor Code is unenforceable when school is not in session. This may annoy the control freaks at BYU but most guys stop shaving when they go home from campus. So do most missionaries when they are first released. I don't really think BYU plans on conducting "hunt and punish" campaigns. That would be incredibly unproductive and waste everyone's time. But if a student makes headline news, is labeled a BYU student, and is obviously not living the Honor Code, you can be sure BYU will come down hard. It's more about PR and appearances than substantive outcomes for the students.

Posted by: Pest Control ( )
Date: May 10, 2016 03:55PM

Now someone please find out what she's doing wrong and report it.

Posted by: sd allison ( )
Date: May 10, 2016 04:14PM

That's disgusting.

Posted by: bordergirl ( )
Date: May 10, 2016 06:05PM

Whether this really happened or not, is it not completely possible in the lds world that one's sibling, parent, or in-law feel empowered and justified in controling one's life down to the smallest detail?

Like, for instance, underwear and reading material and friends?

To me, it sounds very plausible.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.