Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: TheLateWar ( )
Date: May 02, 2016 09:02AM

Interesting information, but curious how the mormon apologists would spin this. Anyone know?

https://wordtreefoundation.github.io/thelatewar/

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Doubting Thomas ( )
Date: May 02, 2016 09:14AM

This topic is very new, only a few years old. It is fascinating and I find the entire book proof positive that if one wanted to they could write a book that reads like the Book of Mormon.

The fact that there are so many similarities between the two books is unnerving to the believing Mormon.

The website is great, but it helps so much to have the background presented in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAGasQ7j_ZI

Posted by: TheLateWar ( )
Date: May 02, 2016 10:58AM

Thanks for the link -- however after about 10 minutes I could not listen any more. The subject matter was VERY intriguing, however the presenter was horrible - for example his first question after hollands video -- "Who believes it was Oliver Cowdery? Who believe it was Sydney Rigdon?...." No one knew what he was talking about. Anyway - he either was ill-prepared or has some public speaking anxiety (I suspect a little of both).

As mentioned, the subject matter was very intriguing - any other suggestions on where I can learn more about this?

Thanks!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.