Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Historischer ( )
Date: May 01, 2016 01:23PM

First of all, you can tell he really enjoys throwing out insulting remarks. Mostly about others being dumb and stupid, or maybe blasphemous or ungrateful. He relishes his power to say whatever he wants.

I noticed a couple of odd turns of phrase in his remarks:

"The Metaphor of the Resurrection"...Really now? It's a metaphor, not literal?

"Gods and Goddesses in Embryo"...I thought we don't teach that any more? He went on at great length that a future god needs to go through trials and suffering first.

There was another criticism I was prepared to make, but then I realized it was due to the mechanics of recording the talk. Not Holland's fault at all, and I try to be fair with everyone, including apostles of dubious provenance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: May 01, 2016 01:49PM

Historischer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ...including apostles of dubious provenance.

:D :D :D

Posted by: fortheloveofhops ( )
Date: May 01, 2016 01:59PM

Wow- the resurrection a metaphor? That's HUGE and pretty sure would have been considered heretical back in the day when I attended.

Haha maybe he has seen the musical a few too many times? ;-)

Posted by: nextplease ( )
Date: May 01, 2016 06:18PM

Whoopsie! I guess we have an answer, of sorts, as to whether he is a "true believer," or a slimey salesman.

"Everyone, you can put on your crosses, now. "Living" Jesus is just a metaphor. Our bad."

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: May 01, 2016 06:58PM

I listened to all of Holland's rantings and ravings in this talk to what appeared to be an audience of single adults. I attempted to imagine how those who were listening were feeling. It would be interesting to hear the truth from some of those present.

I found him to bully and bellow about how they, who had so many blessings, had ABSOLUTELY no right to question or invision jumping out of the true Church boat. How DARE they even consider such ungrateful paths?!

But Holland the Mighty, he himself, never DARED to answer any, not even one, of the many questions which he is very aware are continually being asked of the cult but never answered......no, what he and all those in charge dare to do is excommunicate or bully and never treat people with the dignity of answers they are sincerely, earnestly in search of, just like in this Tempe meeting.

The bullying and excommunicating is getting meaner, nastier, and louder. Signs that the cult is getting more angry and afraid daily. How divine it is to watch them getting caught in the sticky web of their lying and love of fame and greed.

Posted by: jiminycricket ( )
Date: May 01, 2016 08:49PM

I just finished making a transcript of Holland's Tempe Rescue from the audio link. Should I put it up on RFM? Or will ADMIN delete it?

I have a few take aways:

1) The doctrine that we become Gods is alive and well. It contradicts the church ESSAY, and the Mormon Newsroom statement that we only become more 'like' God.

2) The "stay in the boat" metaphor is getting louder.

3) There's a lot of "Don't you dare do this or that."

4) No troubling questions being found out on the internet about LDS Inc. were answered. Nothing. It was all touchy feely stuff and threats.

5) At several points, I thought Holland was trying to DEFEND his reasons for staying in the church. His own mental demons, and his logical rationalization for staying in TSCC seemed to direct his thoughts to the young adults.

6) I can tell he is very well aware of the Second Anointing: becoming kings and queens. At one point he says becoming "God-head," which is part of the Second Anointing ritual. I think that was a slip that most would never pick up on.

Summary: Holland can see the writing on the wall. He knows how many folks have left. He knows the tithes are smaller. His only source to keep TSCC alive is to convince the rising generation that this is Christ's church. He did say to the young adults that they are Christ's true congregation.

He has sat down numerous times, I'm sure, to calculate the 'about time' when he can become the president of TSCC. He wants a sizeable flock. He wants to have recognition and adoration. This talk was as much about Holland convincing himself that his whole life hasn't been wasted to a fraud. Of course, he didn't say that, but that is what I sensed.

The last thing I noticed is that Christ, if he were speaking, would never sound so desperate and angry. That is the give away that Holland knows the ship is slowly sinking.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2016 08:52PM by jiminycricket.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: May 01, 2016 09:19PM

totally, Dude

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: May 01, 2016 09:31PM

What Would Jesus Say?

Posted by: wondercat ( )
Date: May 02, 2016 01:35AM

My first thought exACTly.

Posted by: cognitivedissonance ( )
Date: May 01, 2016 09:32PM

In the 60's we would make a yearly trip to Mesa AZ from SLC. For Christmas Break we would leave the cold and dreary wasteland of Utah and head south to orange and grapefruit groves. It was good times.

On one occasion we went to the phoenix zoo. we saw many of the exotic animals there but the one I enjoyed were the Monkeys. While we were trying to interact with the Monkeys, one of them took a dump there in front for all to see. when he finished he picked up his pile of dung and flung it as hard as he could at all of us watching. I was fortunate but My sister was not. She screamed and it was great to laugh at her reaction. The Monkeys all went crazy, like he hit a home run. The Monkeys enjoyed the show as much as we did. It was disgusting but never the less, very poignant.

Watching Holland Poop and fling his dung at apostates had everyone laughing. The Monkeys loved the show.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: May 01, 2016 10:34PM

? wut is this thread about ?

Posted by: jiminycricket ( )
Date: May 01, 2016 11:10PM

It's in response to several posts that discussed a talk given last week by Jeffrey R. Holland of the Quorum of Twelve to a group of single adults. Some are calling it the Tempe Rescue. There is an audio recording, and I just finished transcribing the whole thing and am about to put it up on RFM.

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1809298

Posted by: liesarenotuseful ( )
Date: May 02, 2016 01:04AM

I wonder why they don't send someone who is charismatic and people actually like, such as Uchtdorf?

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: May 02, 2016 01:36AM

"It would be interesting to hear the truth from some of those present." - They were so busy keeping their barf bags in place so they wouldn't get puke on their clothes, they probably didn't hear much. A few people laughed during the 3 minutes or so I heard. I can't imagine why...

It reminded me of the scene in the Titanic movie when Cal was shooting at Rose and Jack and ran out of bullets; then he starts laughing and Bruce [his aide I guess] asks him what possibly could be funny. Of course the diamond was in the coat Rose was wearing.

That's what I wonder about what could be funny in what jolly jowls had to say to make anyone laugh.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.