Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: areyoukidding ( )
Date: May 01, 2016 11:19AM

So then say, 3, women who are in that bathroom have to feel uncomfortable, so one person won't? This truly has gotten silly. Despite what the magazines may hype, I don't think transsexuality is all that common. I don't care if you're a man or a woman---go into the bathroom that will freak out the other people in there, the LEAST. If you look more like a man, use the mens'. If you look more like a woman, use the womans. This has just gotten silly.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bordergirl ( )
Date: May 01, 2016 01:03PM

Seems sensible! We are so weird! I suggest Americans travel abroad a bit with an open mind. Maybe they will see that people in other parts of the world have some good answers to the questions that seem to devil many of us--pun intended!

Posted by: TDM ( )
Date: May 01, 2016 01:12PM

Transsexuality is becoming more and more common by the day. You're probably transphobic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5Brqo0vSNE

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: May 01, 2016 01:18PM

Saying someone is transphobic is no better than mormons throwing around anti mormon.

Posted by: nightwolf983 ( )
Date: May 01, 2016 03:44PM

"I don't care if you're a man or a woman---go into the bathroom that will freak out the other people in there, the LEAST. If you look more like a man, use the mens'. If you look more like a woman, use the womans."

That's exactly what most trans people do. When they can. Bathroom bills like the ones in NC and make it illegal for us to do so. The management probably thought that guy was trans. Either early stage MtF or late FtM. The problem is that you can't tell whether someone is trans or not just by looking at them.

Date: May 01, 2016 01:39PM

You know, of course, that transgender people have been using the bathroom they identify with for a long, long time without problems?

The mom of a young man in the military asked him how he felt about serving with gay soldiers after the end of "don't ask, don't tell." I interjected that it wasn't like there weren't plenty of gay soldiers before. He agreed that it would be no different because there were always gay soldiers.

It is so like the Christian right to find and make a problem where none exists.

Why is this such a big deal for you?

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: May 01, 2016 03:53PM

The problem is caused by tidy minded PC types.

Everyone knew, or suspected, that sometimes a person who was using the toilet might be 'different'. Someone who identified with a sex that wasn't their birth sex, for want of a better expression.

But now the PC lobby are stepping in and telling people that if they do not allow everyone to share their space in the toilets that they would be considered to be transphobic.

Date: May 01, 2016 07:33PM

PC my foot!

PC stands for Politically Correct. I couldn't care less about the Politically part--it is obfuscating baloney.

I do care about the Correct part--the part where you treat people with consideration and respect.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: May 01, 2016 01:50PM

Great summary, bordergirl.

Posted by: muchlove ( )
Date: May 01, 2016 02:08PM

The IDIOT videographer is too much of a simpleton to read Target's policy, and took advantage of general ignorance about LGBT issues. It's a new policy, and training is probably not complete.

https://corporate.target.com/article/2016/04/target-stands-inclusivity

Notice how the videographer did't show his own face? That is likely to prevent being misidentified as LGBT, BECAUSE HE'S NOT.

"In our stores, we demonstrate our commitment to an inclusive experience in many ways. Most relevant for the conversations currently underway, we welcome transgender team members and guests to use the restroom or fitting room facility that corresponds with their gender identity."

So the videographer identifies as female? No. Just a lying creep.

Posted by: desertman ( )
Date: May 01, 2016 04:23PM

When I was living in Argentina there were no gender oriented restrooms. There were closed booths for privacy if wanted.

Posted by: EXON46 ( )
Date: May 01, 2016 07:18PM

These gender laws will greatly affect what happens to women who try to use the men's room at say a ball game, concert, theater, club, or wherever the ladies line is too long for them to hold it in.
What is now considered a look the other way circumstance will turn into a crime that will have to be enforced.

Posted by: cwpenrose ( )
Date: May 01, 2016 07:33PM

This is exactly the situation I find myself in. I have a very painful bladder disease and sometimes, I just can't wait. If the line is out the door in the ladie's room, I use the men's. It happened recently at the Las Vegas airport. After a long time landing & trying to get off the plane, I had to use the men's room. A janitor put his arm up to block the way & pointed to the ladies's room. I politely told him that he was going to have an awful mess to clean up if he expected me to wait in that line. Seriously, you think I'm using the men's room for kicks?

I find that I've never met a man who felt threatened in any way. I get a few winks & smiles as I'm trying to leave quickly. Once a guy was totally shocked as he was zipping his pants up after leaving the stall. But, all in all, I've never had a bad experience as a woman using the men's room. What's the BFD?

Posted by: EXON46 ( )
Date: May 01, 2016 07:51PM

In ancient Greece they had open air toilets. You could be walking with your group of friend carrying on a conversation, stop, sit, then get backup and continue without a losing a beat. Do you think any of their multiple gods cared? So society changed. Created one god and made pee pee poo poo a bad thing to do in public.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.