Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: April 30, 2016 12:48PM

https://www.facebook.com/MyLifeByGogoGoff/photos/a.1482243418755297.1073741828.1481293402183632/1590535134592791/?type=3&theater

I am at a loss for words. The thousands that are coming into my mind from this picture are swirling around in my head painfully.

Edit: The new Subject show the gist of the photo posted above.

I can't believe Mormon believe their church is...well, I can believe that they believe that Mormons running the government would be a vast improvement. I bet they don't know any Mormons employed by their church in high places.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2016 02:40PM by Elder Berry.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: April 30, 2016 12:53PM

and they sure do not want to lose their tax exemptions !

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 30, 2016 12:54PM

Well, damn!

So... If mormons would give 20% or 25%, the world would become the Garden of Eden! Not to mention every stake having its own temple!

Date: April 30, 2016 01:19PM

And everyone could drive Cadillacs. (Harold B. Lee reference)

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: April 30, 2016 01:54PM

" I would be willing to let every Negro drive a Cadillac if they could afford it." -- Mark E. Petersen

Date: April 30, 2016 02:38PM

My bad. It was Peterson and not Lee.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 30, 2016 03:59PM

Dupes are not known for wisdom.

Posted by: mr obvious ( )
Date: April 30, 2016 10:29PM

They do realize that "Mormon" federal employees would have to work for free...right?

Duh.

And where would their tithes come from?

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: May 01, 2016 03:22PM

Posted by: bjvea ( )
Date: May 01, 2016 11:15PM

Hi SL Cabbie. This has nothing to do with the topic on this board, but was wondering if you could help me. I'm doing some research on Mormon gay electro therapy, and I noticed in a previous post back in 2012 that you mentioned a woman, possibly in her 30's, who said she experienced electro therapy.
I was hoping to contact her somehow, to see if she'd be open to talk about it, and it would remain strictly confidential. Of course she may say no, and I'd respect that. I just want a chance at asking her. Is there an email/address that I could have to contact her? Or any way you could ask her yourself?
Thank you for reading this, and I appreciate your time.
Beth

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: April 30, 2016 10:33PM

That's true if you're one of the little 15 or one of their family members. Not so much for anyone else.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: April 30, 2016 10:33PM

So I don't get it.

The 15 get more wealth to spend on themselves from the members than they do in tax breaks from the feds?

Right?

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: April 30, 2016 10:45PM

What exactly do Mormons get out of 10%? The government builds roads, schools, libraries, airports, hospitals, etc. They inspect food, develop vaccines, protect borders, manage forests, police your neighborhood, and put out fires. They provide old age pensions, medical care, unemployment insurance, disability payments.

What material benefits do Mormons get from the church for their flat tax with no deductions? The church can't even clean its own buildings or pay its clergy. They do less with 10% than churches who get a fraction of that. Most of the money is poured into investments, not welfare for the members.

The government provides public budgets; the church hides its money even from those who fund it.

Posted by: William Law ( )
Date: April 30, 2016 11:43PM

The Mormon Navy, Air Force, Army, Marines. What a joke.

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: April 30, 2016 10:56PM

I don't see how this is possible to know since everything financial with the EVIL CULT is secret [Oh I mean sacred!] Whatever.

Posted by: scarecrowfromoz ( )
Date: April 30, 2016 11:10PM

Of course it's true. Just today I was driving my car down Joseph Smith Highway that Mormons built and drove by a Mormon grade school, Junior High, and High School right after I drove over Parley Pratt Bridge. I noticed the Mormon Police car out there that was making sure people were obeying the speed limit. Meanwhile, there was a wreck, and the Mormon fire department raced by to give medical help to those involved. The crash involved a bus of the Mormon Transportation District, and a truck from the Mormon Sanitation Department that was hauling garbage to Apostate Dump. Those hurt were taken to the Mormon Regional Hospital.

After leaving the scene of the accident, I stopped at the Emma Smith Library to check out some books. Right outside was a collection box for the Mormon mail service where I mailed in my payment on the student loan the Mormon Church had given me. On the other side of the street was the Outer Darkness Prison, where they lock up all the lawbreakers. I'm glad they decided not to put the Prison near the new Thomas S. Monson Park. I'm excited to visit the new Gordon B. Hinckley monkey exhibit at the zoo there.

It's too bad they are having to replace the sewer pipes out in front, as it makes getting into the park hard. I so glad that Mormons are so generous, as I would hate to have to go back to using an outhouse. All the streets are nice and bright from all the city street lights, which cuts down on crime. Even if there is a crime, at least we can take pride in the way Mormons finance the Court system to make sure that all laws of the Constitution are followed.

It looks like rain. I wonder what the Mormon Weather Service has predicted, and whether we need to worry about flash flooding. If so, I'm sure the Mormon alert system will go into action of everyone calling ten names on their list.

I feel secure going to bed every night, knowing that the Mormon Army, Navy, and Air Force are here 24 hours a day to keep me safe.

I am so glad for Mormons, as without them, all these things we take for granted everyday would disappear.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 30, 2016 11:38PM

Posted by: Ex-cultmember ( )
Date: April 30, 2016 11:39PM

Yeah, I love how they can claim this when the government publishes their financial statements and the LDS Church doesn't.

Posted by: Templar ( )
Date: May 01, 2016 11:33AM

Many Mormons are just downright stupid. But, of course, they have to be to give a significant portion of their time and money to an obvious fraud built on lies and gross misrepresentations.

Posted by: treed cat ( )
Date: May 02, 2016 12:41AM

Templar Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Many Mormons are just downright stupid.

There will be a percentage of dumb in any population, but, the bluntness of your statement caused me to consider another aspect.

Totalitarian regimes tend to quash or drive out the best an brightest as treasonous or heretic. Dictators surround themselves with "yes" men, possibly just smart enough to never say "no," but dumb enough to let the kingdom fail. They are systems doomed from within, from the top.

It really doesn't matter that there are a passel of them, because they all clamor for favor from those above them, by following the lack-luster, often idiotic, dictates of the leader (or leaders, acting in concert).

They hire PR and legal, but they seem as hamstrung as Hitler's generals. They must act within the confines of a diseased system. They are - forced to wait at Dunkirk while the boats keep coming.

Just wanted to share a cheery thought on "downright stupid."

Posted by: Leaving ( )
Date: May 01, 2016 12:08PM

When's the last time the LDS Church funded any of the following?

1. Road Construction
2. Fire Department
3. Police Department
4. Public Education
5. Military
6. Homeless Shelter

Posted by: anon90 ( )
Date: May 01, 2016 05:01PM

Wow, that's annoying. A couple things come to mind.

The government actually pays their employees. Paid labor is more expensive than slave labor.

Members give more than 10%. They also pay fast offerings, and are assigned to scrub toilets. They also have to pay for their kids activities like camps and missions.

Things the church provides it's members:

1. Churches
2. Temples
3. Manuals for teachers
4. Bishops storehouse

Things the US and State governments provides it's citizens.

1. Military protection.
2. Police and fire protection.
3. Roads and bridges.
4. Elementary and high school education.
5. Medicaide, Medicare, Social Security
6. Public Parks
7. Public Libraries.
8. NASA
9. Regulate food, drugs, and water quality.
10. Funding and research into new technologies, like the Internet.

I'm sure there are more. I think we can all agree that the government can run far more efficiently, but even with that, for me I get far more bang for my buck with my taxes than I ever did paying tithing and the government doesn't make me scrub their toilets for the privilege of living in this country.

Posted by: seekyr ( )
Date: May 01, 2016 05:47PM

I was helping an old friend with a new tablet his kids got him - he was trying to download church movies he needed for his Aaronic priesthood lesson and he was complaining that they don't provide PRINTED materials anymore but tell you to get it all off the website. If that is true, then that would mean that members are having to spend their own money to print pages from manuals at home now too.

Posted by: overit ( )
Date: May 01, 2016 06:09PM

anon90. I believe i is only in USA that the church provides a bishop's storehouse. If you live anywhere else you are subject to the bishop lottery instead. If you are a widow you should be ok, we all know how much Pres M loves a widow. If you are an evil harlot divorcee female or unmarried then you do not deserve food/welfare of any kind and would better serve the church by silently starving to atone for your sins of being single/divorced or a child of a single or divorced person. If you are gay then...oh sorry there are no homosexuals in the church...

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: May 01, 2016 06:33PM

Since WHEN does the gov't get 50% ?

Posted by: puyep ( )
Date: May 02, 2016 08:47AM

Most of my working life.

Federal, state, local, sales, excise, single.

It's hands down the largest chunk I pay.

Posted by: T-Bone (in Japan) ( )
Date: May 02, 2016 09:40AM

scarecrowfromoz said it best.

What Mormons forget when they start to do fuzzy math is that all of the labor they get from members; clergy, cleaning, and missionary work, is free.

What a joke!

Another example of fuzzy Mormon math is when they count every member who has ever been baptized until their 120th birthday. I don't know of many people who live to be that old, but a person who does at 80 is counted for another 40 years as a member. Interesting, isn't it? With all their bragging about genealogy and family history, they can't manage to remove a member who has passed away.

T-Bone

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: May 02, 2016 09:44AM

I'd heard it was to 105 yrs, and only then for the inactive / unknown location, no ward membership types.

Certainly after joe/jane active dies they aren't counted.... Right?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2016 09:44AM by GNPE.

Date: May 02, 2016 12:03PM

I believe it is 110.

Posted by: en passant ( )
Date: May 02, 2016 12:24PM

I'm scratching my head here in Seattle, trying to figure out what the Mormon 10% pays for. I know the "Seattle" temple is over there in Bellevue where the angel Maccoron-I presides over the Eastgate I90 interchange. I guess they paid for that.

Meanwhile, I think the Catholics are paying for this: http://ccsww.convio.net/site/PageServer?pagename=services_index . I searched for a similar list of Mormon services that would be financed by that dang 10%, but I just couldn't seem to find one.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.