Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: April 29, 2016 06:34PM

Just read another article on the BYU honor code scandal.

This could be resolved in less than a minute.

The prophet gets on the phone with the head of BYU and says "thus sayeth the lord. Thou shalt not invoke the horror code when a victim reports a rape. Amen."

No study needed. Just chose the right and protect the innocent.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: liesarenotuseful ( )
Date: April 29, 2016 06:45PM

amen

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: April 29, 2016 07:12PM

Never gonna happen with TSM....if you asked him what's BYU?...crickets......

RB

Posted by: Doubting Thomas ( )
Date: April 29, 2016 07:26PM

Another reason to conclude TSCC is nothing but, The So-Called Church. PR people issuing press releases. University officials being interviewed by... other university officials. That's so crazy! It reminds me of when general authorities want to make a doctrinal point and who do they quote? Another general authority.

Where is the fucking prophet? Why doesn't he lead and speak for the Lord's church?

This so easy to see-through TBM's.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 29, 2016 08:13PM

"The buck stops ... Where'd the buck go?"

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 29, 2016 08:31PM

Being raped is a sin in Mormondom. Abused children had it coming. Suicides are selfish. Child labor is widespread and unpaid. Donations are mandatory. Masturbation is shamed, and agnosticism is shunned.

I regret every dollar I ever spent in that state. That was a lot of red licorice I could have had.

Posted by: pathfinder ( )
Date: April 29, 2016 08:52PM

I have a bucket of red licorice on my desk right now.

Yumm..

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: April 29, 2016 08:57PM

Watching cat& kitten videos...

Posted by: randyj ( )
Date: April 29, 2016 09:03PM

"The prophet gets on the phone with the head of BYU and says "thus sayeth the lord. Thou shalt not invoke the horror code when a victim reports a rape. Amen."

He'd probably add "You'd better run this through our legal department first."

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 29, 2016 09:06PM

The amount of time it takes the brethren to respond to these misdeeds suggests that they're going through committee.

Posted by: Templar ( )
Date: April 30, 2016 11:23AM

It's been well over one hundred years since any Mormon leader declared "thus saith the Lord".

Now it's just "smoke and mirrors" under committee rule.

Date: April 30, 2016 11:17PM

A. He will boldly claim that God [has] spoken to him.

B. Any man so claiming would be a dignified man with a dignified message; no table-jumping, no whisperings from the dead, no clairvoyance, but an intelligent statement of truth.

C. Any man claiming to be a prophet of God would declare his message without any fear and without making any weak concessions to public opinion.

D. If he were speaking for God, he could not make concessions although what he taught would be new and contrary to the accepted teachings of the day. A prophet bears witness to what he has seen and heard and seldom tries to make a case by argument. His message and not himself is important.

E. Such a man would speak in the name of the Lord, saying, “Thus saith the Lord,” as did Moses, Joshua, and others.

F. Such a man would predict future events in the name of the Lord, and they would come to pass, as did Isaiah and Ezekiel.

G. He would have not only an important message for his time but often a message for all future time, such as Daniel, Jeremiah, and others had.

H. He would have courage and faith enough to endure persecution and to give his life, if need be, for the cause he espoused, such as Peter, Paul, and others did.

I. Such a man would denounce wickedness fearlessly. He would generally be rejected or persecuted by the people of his time, but later generations, the descendants of his persecutors, would build monuments in his honor.

J. He would be able to do superhuman things, things that no man could do without God’s help. The consequence or result of his message and work would be convincing evidence of his prophetic calling. “By their fruits ye shall know them” [Matt. 7:20].

K. His teachings would be in strict conformity with scripture, and his words and his writings would become scripture. “For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost” (2 Pet. 1:21).

https://www.lds.org/ensign/2006/06/the-profile-of-a-prophet?lang=eng

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: April 30, 2016 11:20PM

he's with Waldo

Date: April 30, 2016 11:44PM

when they re-published P of a P recently, I fell out of my chair!

by Any stretch, TSM is At Best 1 or 2 out of 11...

Posted by: Elder What's-his-face ( )
Date: May 01, 2016 04:30PM

Sorry, the church is a non-prophet organization.

Honestly I'm surprised Holland and Bednar haven't been ranting and raving about troublemakers who seek to harm the Lord's university, and heap scorn on the Priesthood holders who study there.

Date: May 01, 2016 10:58PM

R U Kidding???

Can u imagine TSM conferencing with....

Pope Francis?

the Dalai Lama?

the head of ANY major faith or gov't?

POTUS (or any high-level leader?)

it would only be a photo-op for TSM... <Didn't GBH have some with POTUS Bush?>

results, practical application ? (crickets)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.