Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: April 06, 2016 08:36PM

How many of you remembered to remove the lid?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: April 06, 2016 08:44PM

like Heavenly Father couldn't understand the intent of the person asking a blessing...

Yeah Baby, that's Mormonism.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 06, 2016 08:51PM

So child proofing is the same as consecration proofing?

Posted by: jstone ( )
Date: April 06, 2016 08:52PM

I wore a vial before my mission round my neck, on like a necklace. I thought I was so cool and righteous. After my mission I gave some blessings to my wife (now also ex mormom) she still appreciates those as the feelings were real - you know not everything has to be ditched.

Posted by: RAMEUMPTOM ( )
Date: April 06, 2016 08:58PM

I could probably make some cool jewelry out of those vials. Maybe I'll pick up a few next time I'm in Utah!

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: April 06, 2016 09:16PM

I never could understand the big deal about consecrated oil or Catholic holy water....always thought it was delusional bullshit.

RB

Posted by: seekyr ( )
Date: April 07, 2016 12:36AM

Humans just seem to like rituals. Using oil or water kind of makes it more of a ritual.

Posted by: Trails end ( )
Date: April 07, 2016 08:09AM

Yup preesdud powers have their limitations...even a bottle cap can keep em out...whod a thot...maybe those specious words just riccochet off...be careful they dont take outta a eye

Posted by: L Tom Petty ( )
Date: April 07, 2016 08:43AM

My oil went rancid. The lid didn't seal well and spilled in my pocket. Stinky, oily stuff. Had to throw it away. Of course without any oil I felt helpless until I could get my hands on some more and have it consecrated.

Weird how it made me delusional for awhile. That oil had some pretty remarkable powers.

Posted by: en passant ( )
Date: April 07, 2016 12:01PM

Back in the early 60s, my grandma had major surgery. I was appointed to join a p-hood delegation to visit her in the hospital, since I had recently been ordained a Deacon.

Grandma was not Mormon, and High-Priest-in-Charge dude asked her if she wanted to receive a blessing. She assented, saying she thought those kinds of things never hurt.

HPiC dude then pulls out a little plastic nose-spray bottle which he had re-purposed to store his consecrated oil. He squeezes a couple of drops of oil onto Grandma's forehead and proceeds with laying-on-of-hands.

Never will forget that...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.