Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: April 06, 2016 02:17PM

Obviously, he is doing it wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdH2DGSXjss

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: April 06, 2016 02:24PM

I've heard (No Verification) that some of the TBM high-rollers (Marriott, Huntsman, Miller, etc) loan the use of their private planes on request from any of the 15...

IDK if that's accurate or not.

Posted by: Shinehahbeam ( )
Date: April 06, 2016 02:35PM

I know for a fact that Huntsman has a plane that "the brethren" use on occasion. I haven't heard that about any other wealthy members though, and I don't know how much they actually use it. I've seen "apostles" on commercial flights on multiple occasions, including on a Southwest flight.

Posted by: PtLoma ( )
Date: April 07, 2016 08:22PM

The brother of a former employee of mine was the pilot for the Huntsman jet and occasionally he flew GBH around the country. I think the Qof12 fly commercially, first class.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: April 06, 2016 02:35PM

I heard years ago that GBH used Huntsman's private jet but when he was here in Lethbridge in the late 1990's I drove past our airport and didn't see a private jet there that morning.

RB

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: April 06, 2016 02:50PM

Back in the day, the Hinckley family was on the huntsman private jet en route to temple dedication in japan and other places, when Richard (GBH son) was working out with a rubber band weight thingy that broke and snapped the dumbshit right in the eye, damn near blinded him. They had to do an emergency stop in alaska.

Posted by: praydude ( )
Date: April 06, 2016 03:02PM

I doubt the church owns and operates a private jet, let alone a fleet of them.

They charter jets and write the whole thing off as a business expense.

Posted by: en passant ( )
Date: April 07, 2016 02:25PM

What's the advantage of writing anything off if you're not paying taxes in the first place?

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: April 06, 2016 03:39PM

I thought Monson just wiggled his ears and flew like Dumbo.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: April 07, 2016 01:10AM

We have a winner!!

RB

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: April 07, 2016 02:51PM

I thought it was Kimball who did that.

Posted by: the1v ( )
Date: April 06, 2016 04:35PM

They will charter a plane if they are visiting somewhere the connections are bad.

They will also fly first class on long flights but only pay for a coach ticket. They likely are using the miles collected from all of the missionaries flying. There are contracted airline benefits for large organizations that spend considerable sums in travel.

For example 40,000 one way flights averaging $600 each is $24 million dollars or more. Add in all the travel for the GA's and area 70's and you have well over $40 million in airline expenses. This is the type of customer the airlines give perks to.

Posted by: Tom Phillips ( )
Date: April 06, 2016 05:22PM

In the Hinckley days Huntsman dedicated one of his corporate jets to Hinckley.

When I received the Second Anointing in the Preston England Temple (May 2002), Elder Ballard arrived in another Hunstman corporate jet. He had been travelling in Europe with Huntsman, then used the jet for his weekend in the UK and return to the U.S.

Therefore, that week at least 2 Hunstman jets were being used, one by Hinckley and one by Ballard. I don't know about the other apostles but Ballard may have had his jet at that time because he is related through marriage to Huntsman Snr.

FWIW

Posted by: East Coast Exmo ( )
Date: April 06, 2016 05:34PM

The prophet of GOD deserves his own airplane. I think all of us exmos should do what we can.

First, go here: http://www.bigactivities.com/crafts/transportation/paper_airplane.php

Then print out the template and write a nice note on it, saying how much you think the prophet needs his own plane.

Mail the inscribed template to:

President Thomas S. Monson
Office of the First Presidency
50 East North Temple
Salt Lake City, Utah 84150

For the cost of a stamp, you can make the prophet a happy man!

Bow your heads and say "Heck yes!".

Date: April 06, 2016 06:01PM

East Coast Exmo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The prophet of GOD deserves his own airplane.

I don't know about deserving it, but in the original post's video it is two "Christians" discussing how they need private jet planes to get away from the evils, Satan, and demons of the world to they can more easily talk with God.

Maybe if Tommy Hellfingerwagger "Wiggles" Monson had a plane he could "get him a revelation" to help all humanity, or just Mormons out?

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: April 06, 2016 07:06PM

Yep, God can't talk to his prophets unless they are able to
stand up and answer out loud.

Date: April 06, 2016 07:09PM

If Monson could get a ride to space he could be in zero Gs floating around with God talking and talking to him. Gravity is the problem with Celestial communication.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: April 06, 2016 07:32PM

Elder Berry Wrote:
> If Monson could get a ride to space he could be in
> zero Gs floating around with God talking and
> talking to him.

Zero Gs??? Monson covenanted to ALWAYS wear his Gs

Date: April 06, 2016 10:32PM

baura Wrote:
> Zero Gs??? Monson covenanted to ALWAYS wear his
> Gs

Depending upon the "gravity" of the situation. No one wears them in a swimming pool.

Posted by: lightminded ( )
Date: April 06, 2016 07:10PM

Somebody did some pretty impressive detective work on another site and uncovered that the church actually leases the Huntsman private jet (a 1995 Gulfstream Aerospace G-IV). I believe it's mentioned in Huntsman Corp. public filings. They were even able to use the jet's N-number (N620JH) to track many of the trips the plane makes (here: http://planefinder.net/). Here's a little bit from the post:

An SEC filing reveals that “unrelated third-party” (likely TSCC) pays $2 million per year (subject to an annual adjustment) to use the aircraft, or another aircraft if the subject aircraft is unavailable. Here’s what it says:
“An unrelated third-party pays $2 million per year to Huntsman LLC for such third-party's part-time use of the Aircraft (or an alternate owned by us if the Aircraft is unavailable), subject to an annual adjustment, which Huntsman LLC believes to be at least fair market value for the number of flight hours used by such third-party. Huntsman LLC bears all other costs of operating the Aircraft.”

See SEC filing here:
http://ir.huntsman.com/mobile.view?c=186725&v=202&d=3&id=aHR0cDovL2FwaS50ZW5rd2l6YXJkLmNvbS9maWxpbmcueG1sP2lwYWdlPTI4Mjg3MDEmRFNFUT0xJlNFUT0xNjcmU1FERVNDPVNFQ1RJT05fUEFHRSZleHA9JnN1YnNpZD01Nw%3D%3D

Date: April 06, 2016 07:12PM

I guess Monson does need a private jet.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: April 06, 2016 07:17PM

Hugh Hefner let's them use the Bunny Jet when needed.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 06, 2016 08:24PM

I don't know, but here's a riddle:

Q: How do monks get to fly for free?

A: They use their frequent friar miles.

Posted by: seekyr ( )
Date: April 07, 2016 12:29AM

Okay, so . . .

Q: How to LDS GA's get to fly for free?

A: They use their frequent liar miles.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: April 07, 2016 12:50AM

SLABAMBA!!!!!

Date: April 07, 2016 12:28PM

Q: How does the Mormon Prophet get to fly for free?

A: He uses his infrequent scryer smiles.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrying

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2016 12:28PM by Elder Berry.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 07, 2016 10:52PM

Posted by: pugsly ( )
Date: April 06, 2016 08:31PM

You would think that the man who is the voice of "god" on earth, who is in such great standing that he can speak face to face with heavenly beings - in my mind he should be able teleport or go through a wormhole or something.
The directions must be in those missing pages...

Date: April 07, 2016 12:32PM

If the members were worthy enough he could.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: April 07, 2016 01:09AM

Jon Huntsman Sr. was the designate Hometeacher for the LDS PRofit for years/ decades. Being a great dedicated involved and concerned hometeacher, Huntsman offered the use of his personal jet fleet to the PRofit. (What has your hometeacher done for you lately???) Then Mitt Romney came to town and demanded that Huntsman foot a hefty chunk of the bill for putting on the MORmON Olympics. Then Golden Boy Mitt Romney ran for US Pres. Jon Huntsman Jr also ran. LDS Inc , which does not do politics, just ask them, dedicated extensive resources to a certain MORmON candidates campaign. The other MORmON candidate was treated like an ugly step child by LDS Inc. It did not seem fair to the family of the candidate treated like an ugly step child.

The LDS Inc MORmON PRofit no longer has use of the Huntsman personal jet fleet. ANd Jon Sr also says that MORmON tithing is club member ship dues that does NOT count as legit charitable giving. To paraphrase Utah Governor Mike Leavitt; can you connect those dots???? can you say the word "rift", boys and girls ?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewcave/2014/06/23/giving-to-your-church-doesnt-count-jon-huntsman-snr-and-twitters-biz-stone-on-new-philanthropy/#2c0b210116a4

Posted by: Historischer ( )
Date: April 07, 2016 07:10AM

Yet he still wants to stay in the club. Maybe to keep his wife in line?

Posted by: Logan Temple Jr ( )
Date: April 07, 2016 03:53AM

Date: April 07, 2016 07:42PM

Birds of a feather fly together.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.