Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: February 27, 2016 08:48AM

Hope For HarryLike Page
February 25 at 4:28pm ยท

"This is the post Harry made last month when he came out publicly. It breaks my heart someone could be made to feel so alone in a community so full of people who supposedly love Harry. Love is not conditional. Christ-like love, which EVERY religion teaches applies to ALL PEOPLE, not just the ones who are the same as you. Please reach out to your loved ones and the people you barely know too & let them know that you love AND ACCEPT every beautiful part of them, not just the ones you agree with. Harry killed himself because he could not find the peace and love he needed in this life. He shot himself in the head. We must not let any other incredible people like my little brother die so needlessly. He was 28 years old. He was kind. Loving. Accepting. Intelligent. Funny. He was everything I respect and cherish and want to be. He should still be here."

https://www.facebook.com/prayingforharry/photos/a.1552327801762209.1073741828.1552324505095872/1555637204764602/?type=3&theater

For those who may not have a FB account, here's the statement his sister shared of his, https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfl1/v/t1.0-9/12744002_1555637204764602_4675664493201796019_n.jpg?oh=4cc7eab3d80dc7541c7ffe9d44557ddd&oe=575BF58C

R.I.P. Harry Fisher.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2016 09:33AM by Amyjo.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: nomonomo ( )
Date: February 27, 2016 09:08AM

I'm so sorry to hear about this. Words fail me and I don't know what to say...

Date: February 27, 2016 01:03PM

These young people are falling like dominoes, with no end in sight in places like Idaho and Utah where there's little to no support for these youth to be accepted and encouraged no matter their sexual orientation.

It's heart wrenching, and more a statement of the society they're born into not who they are.

Shaming and shunning is reinforced at the churches and schools these kids grew up in. They didn't learn what it means to be loved unconditionally because their elders don't know what that means.

Posted by: link ( )
Date: February 27, 2016 09:23AM

LGBTQ Mormons, especially in Utah, need support. I don't know how to help. It's like the CDC needs to fly over Utah dropping leaflets, combating the negative propoganda used by LDS.

This link is from the comments on the FB page:

http://rationalfaiths.com/the-lgbtq-mormon-crisis-responding-to-the-empirical-research-on-suicide/

At the bottom of the article are additional links.

Freedom carries responsibility. Where are the GAs being held responsible for leading in hate and discrimination against a people who have done no more wrong, than to have been born?

Date: February 27, 2016 01:06PM

Exactly. This is heart wrenching to read of one more, and another of many who are falling.

The church will cease to prosper if for this reason alone. It is more destructive now than it has ever been - based on this single issue of shaming and humiliating those who identify differently from the heterosexual population.

LD$ has marginalized itself to the point of extinction. It is well on its way with each new loss counted among its own, as they fall one by one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2016 01:07PM by Amyjo.

Posted by: Zidane ( )
Date: February 27, 2016 02:39PM

Why is this abomination being allowed to happen unopposed?
Thus would NEVER be allowed to take place anywhere in the UK.
It is a hate crime.
There would be a public uproar, mass protests and a police investigation.
Why are you not taking to the streets in protest at this human tragedy taking place in Utah?
Fu--ing do something about this atrocity, get organised, mobilise!

Date: February 27, 2016 03:01PM

Where I live in New York, being LGBT is a non-issue. The laws are in place, and there is no discrimination at work, in the schools or the marketplace, including houses of worship (except for the Mormons.) Were Mormons to try and discriminate here for example when it comes to employment or public schooling, they would be called on the carpet. Not so in Utah apparently.

People have mobilized in Utah/Idaho. It isn't stopping the suicide rates from increasing among the gay youth there, especially since Salt Lake City passed some of its most hateful anti-gay legislation since the church's inception late last year.

My 15 year old cousin committed suicide two years ago this month in Pocatello, Idaho. She was openly gay and bullied and taunted for her orientation. Her mother (also my cousin, once removed,) has since moved to Boise where she was instrumental in getting some anti-bullying legislation passed there last year. She is also a vocal advocate for LGBT youth in Idaho and Utah.

She's joined all the forces out there available, and there are some. It isn't enough to stop this blood letting from the ranks of the Mormon kids fast enough.

Harry Fisher was 28 years old, and an employee at Ancestry.com. It's headquarters are in Provo, Utah. He wasn't openly gay there until last month when he finally came out, believing he was going to move somewhere out of state for employment - so he opened up more.

It's been since his coming out he committed suicide, in just this past month. He was still in Utah from what's been shared by his family.

It is a tragedy that was preventable but for the morons that predominate the employment sectors there and the LDS church that perpetuates the hateful drivel.

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: February 27, 2016 04:59PM

The EVIL CULT succeeds again. The EVIL CULT wants certain people to commit suicide. They want all people that they can't control 100% and 100% if the time dead! If that is not obvious now, then your head is buried in sand completely. When are people going to wake up and tell this CULT to FUCK OFF AND DIE? When will it happen? I am sick to my stomach about this.

What is it going to take? I thought for sure when they decided all children of gay couples were evil, that more people would tell the cult to go to hell, but for some reason [I think it is some EVIL POWER}, people continue to defend the indefensible. Why? Are these people who are continually defending the indefensible that far under the EVIL spell of the EVIL CULT? If so, they certainly have my pity.

I want to just gag and gag.

I am sorry that yet victim has succumbed to the EVIL of this CULT. Harry is another victim of PURE EVIL. It is too bad that for some people, the only way out of the EVIL CULT is to die, at least that is what they believe at the time which is so sad. Imagine a world where there is NO EVIL CULT so people like Harry will not have to die to get out from under the EVIL.

I just finished reading "Paperdolls," which is about sexual abuse in Mormon neighborhoods in SLC. Even after being molested by daddy, mishie brothers, mishie brother's friends etc., one of the main victims in the book STILL claims that the "GAs seem like nice men" EVEN THOUGH THEY REFUSED TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT THE SEXUAL ABUSE. The GAs said it would NOT do any good to ex these sexual predators! All that would do is warn the neighbors! What is wrong with warning the neighbors?

They {the GAs} didn't feel like they were equipped to handle this kind of thing. WELL DUH! Maybe if they got someone who was trained in something to do with HUMANITY rather than corporation issues [in other words acted like a caring religion instead of a money making entity] and gave a damn about the people who are making them so rich, perhaps they would do something about it.

BUT THE EVIL CULT IS PROUD OF THIS SEXUAL PREDATOR BEHAVIOR SO WHY WOULD THEY WANT TO STOP IT? We can never forget [even though many try] that this EVIL CULT was founded on CHILD PREDATORY BEHAVIOR. Why doesn't this anger more people? Often I feel like I am alone with this anger especially while reading people's remarks defending this EVIL CULT! The fact that this EVIL CULT has survived for 185 years when it was founded on CHILD PREDATORY BEHAVIOR and other criminal acts just shocks me. What kind of sick society allows this to happen and to continue? And why to people defend it? Seriously, defending something like this is a sign of serious mental illness.

The Nazis did not manage to continue for even 15 years [still way too long], but 185 years? Really? ISIS will not manage to last 185 years either. Society will not allow this kind of EVIL to continue. What I mean by this is EVIL which is out in the open. The EVIL CULT manages to disguise its EVIL up to a point but then people who are not mentally ill finally see it.

That was the last straw for me. If you read "Paperdolls" you will understand. This victim's sexual abuse was absolutely horrifying and went on for years. The last thing I expected of her was to still defend the EVIL CULT for not doing anything about it when they were asked to.

http://www.amazon.com/Paperdolls-Healing-Sexual-Mormon-Neighborhoods/dp/B000QBPWBK

Now I am 100% convinced that there are some TBMs who could have all of their children standing in line at the COB and waiting their turn to be raped by the GAs and other penis holders [while their parents watched] and they would still be singing "Praise to the F*CKING MAN." They would still be defending the EVIL CULT. If that doesn't reflect some EVIL POWER over people [exercised by the EVIL CULT] to ignore the evil that is right in their faces, nothing will.

I have heard all of the excuses about the family will get pissed etc. It is time to take a stand against PURE EVIL and resign. Don't be associated with this EVIL. THIS IS YOUR LIFE! F*CK your moron family if that is what it takes.

I can't hear any more defending this EVIL CULT anymore than I can hear people defend ISIS or the NAZIS. STOP DOING IT. I believe that in one very important way the EVIL CULT is worse than these other evil entities. With ISIS and the NAZIs for example, everyone who was paying/is paying even the slightest attention knows what they are about/knows their plans etc. The EVIL CULT, not so. They have the milk before meat, which means they will show you the lesser of the evils first then work their way into the purest forms of evil. Their is NOTHING about the EVIL CULT that is not evil, nothing. There are no real relationships, no real friends, nothing. It is all like the STEPFORD WIVES, not real at all. The EVIL CULT is the matrix that TBMs live in, completely unreal.

I hope people wake up and resign NOW. We don't want to keep seeing more and more victims of this evil. Every time I hear about yet another suicide [due to the cult], it is like hearing about another mass shooting. People pay attention for a minute or two and then ignore it. It is time to do something about it! The EVIL CULT are murderers just as much as if they had pulled the trigger on Harry and many others. Think of all of the deaths that can be attributed directly to the EVIL CULT. The MMM was only one incidence of many. The Danites murdered and murdered. That was their thing. The EVIL CULT is still murdering. It is just more subtle [in some people's eyes, not mine] than the murders the EVIL CULT did before.

Harry quoted in his FB post "The greatest abomination on the earth is gay marriage and that God will destroy it." I didn't get the quote exactly right, but anyway the truth is that "the greatest abomination on earth is the EVIL CULT and if it will be destroyed." Are you with me folks? Let's destroy this abomination NOW!

link said "It's like the CDC needs to fly over Utah dropping leaflets, combating the negative propaganda used by LDS."
in my opinion, it is much better to take the EVIL COMPLETELY OUT, DESTROY THE EVIL CULT COMPLETELY AND FOREVER.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2016 05:16PM by verilyverily.

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: February 27, 2016 08:09PM

Yes it's tragic and I don't know why people have to suffer so..., but what is the answer? If the church let the lgbt children be baptised again people might be somewhat passified again? But Let's look at this realistically... The doctrines are still there. What can the church really do (Can the church be wishy washy like the Episcopal's)?

Posted by: Loyalexmo ( )
Date: February 27, 2016 10:28PM

The church can go fuck itself. That's what it can do.

Posted by: bordergirl ( )
Date: February 28, 2016 01:16AM

Doctrines??

Pacified??

How about "he who is without sin cast the first stone"?

How about Christ-like love?

What hypocrisy!

Posted by: Zidane ( )
Date: February 27, 2016 08:25PM

Dint give us that fu--kin insulting sh-t.
They change the so called doctrines whenever it suits them.
This is a vicious assault on lgbt members and children.
It is a crime in the UK.
Fu-k knows how they are allowed to conduct this witch hunt in the USA.
The vermin who masquerade as apostles should be under arrest for this despicable crime against decent, law abiding citizens.
The day will come when they will be answerable in a court of law for the human misery and deaths they have caused.

Date: February 27, 2016 09:05PM

It's just in recent years coming into focus the damage the church is doing to its young and the LGBT community within it, and those who aren't LDS but live in the Morridor.

It's a sickness like a cancer, feeding on itself, as it spreads and eats away the lives of anyone who is impacted by its bigotry.

The world has changed since the Q12 and GA came of age and took over the reins of institutionalized racism and homophobia.

These men have built their reputations and an empire on their "morals" despite their turning a blind eye to the carnage they're bringing about in place of a "restoration."

It's become a repressive evil empire. It wasn't this hateful when I was growing up. There was a time the cult itself was more innocent and less entrenched in its homophobia and institutionalized bigotry.

This is the worst I've seen it in my lifetime. Instead of taking steps to eradicate the bigotry from their hearts and minds, they've become more entrenched and indoctrinated. Someone in another forum mentioned that the bishops are systematically eradicating any/all gays from their wards and stakes. Instead of being a church that practices tolerance and inclusion, it's intolerant and fearful of reform.

I'm angry too. Who isn't who has lost someone dear to them? I fear this is just the tip of the iceberg, and that those in the church are just getting warmed up.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2016 06:43AM by Amyjo.

Posted by: fattrat81 ( )
Date: February 28, 2016 12:22AM

It is beyond my comprehension how badly you must feel after the loss of your little brother. To be driven to such a tragic point by TSCC is nothing but inexcusable on the part of the assholes in SLC. OF course none of those 'ol fuckers will ever admit or take responsibility for there narrow minded excuse for themselves. It sounds like your brother was a very special spirit, and my genuine condolences to you and your family for what very likely is the saddest thing anyone could ever face. Again, my deepest sympathy to you for what you are dealing with.

Posted by: Visitors welcome ( )
Date: February 28, 2016 02:51AM

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: February 28, 2016 04:09AM

This is going to sound horrible, but when I think about how horrible that I felt as a teen ager due to LDS inc barging into my life to dictate and micromanage, I am surprised that this kind of thing did not happen more often and that it is not happening even more often.

In a previous post, some one said that TSSC can go F@ck itself.
(my preference would be to have the MORmON church have to shove itself up its own ass where it really belongs but that is another topic and we are in harmony on the basic sentiment) That kind of declaration and that kind of sentiment that LDS Inc so richly deserves was so absent in my life from any of my role models.

What a huge difference it would have made in my life to see any role model display any resentment towards THE almighty (MORmON) church. Expressing discontent for THE (MORmON) church around MORmONS puts a person in a very precarious position, but it could also be saving some one impressionable young person's life.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.