Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Dahli Mama ( )
Date: September 16, 2010 08:32PM

Congrats RfMers on getting your board back up. Thanks to some of you for visiting us at Postmo. We enjoyed your contributions. I hope your archives and membership didn't take any substantial hits. Best wishes with keeping all the techy stuff working. I don't even know how a toaster works but I'm always impressed when hot bread comes out. God works in mysterious ways I guess.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Flat Lander ( )
Date: September 16, 2010 08:36PM

Date: September 16, 2010 08:57PM

I knew that, but what happens to the little Maori fire breathers that make the bread turn brown? Do they and the refigerator light guy hide somewhere? These things puzzle me a lot.

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: September 16, 2010 11:23PM

Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: September 16, 2010 11:40PM

I TOTALLY lurked at Postmo for the past 2 weeks. I felt so guilty - isn't that weird??

But I saw lots of RfMers hangin' around there posting, too. You're busted!

But, seriously, thanks for the nice message. Postmo is *great*! (I just like to to cuss and stuff and make fun of the Profit, so I think I fit in better here. heh). I've wondered if some folks made a permanent move over to Postmo after trying it out for a while.

Anyway. Whatever.

Rock on former Mormons! Either of the Post or Ex variety! We're all in this together.

Shannon ;o)

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: September 17, 2010 01:03AM

I didn't think of switching. . .I just white-knuckled it.

Date: September 17, 2010 01:15AM

I don't mean to cut into the crowd here since I don't know many of you but I am glad you guys got your site and friendships back. I was equally happy to see some of you at Postmo. Some of us feel lost if we can't witch and bine about Mormonism so I understand even a momentary lapse of loyalty.

For the record, cussing and making fun of the Lords Self Appointed is my specialty on Postmo. I wasn't aware of much censorship but I did once get a warning for verbalizing a dark twisted fantasy where I jab an ice pick into Sarah Palin's winking eye. Apparently that sort of stuff can get the board in trouble. Now I lay out a disclaimer and say "I HAD A DREAM about jabbing Sarah Palin in the eye with an icepick".

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: September 17, 2010 04:16AM

I know it ain't PC, but...

"I wasn't aware of much censorship but I did once get a warning for verbalizing a dark twisted fantasy where I jab an ice pick into Sarah Palin's winking eye. Apparently that sort of stuff can get the board in trouble. Now I lay out a disclaimer and say "I HAD A DREAM about jabbing Sarah Palin in the eye with an icepick"."

dat's funny stuff, yeehaw! ;)

Thanks to PostMo and the whole post/ex community online, and thanks to RFM admins for the new site, rock on!

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: September 17, 2010 01:55AM

I didn't make it into the forums thought. I just saw that they were still using those fake family pictures (the people in the pictures are not exmormons, they are models) and left. TSCC is based on and the masters of being fake and I want to get away from that sort of fake, "the image is more important than the reality" BS.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2010 01:56AM by mj.

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: September 17, 2010 01:38AM

We appreciate the support from the other boards like postmormon while we were down!

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: September 17, 2010 05:25AM

Hooray for RfM ! Lovely to see you all back here.

But thanks to Post-Mo too (and particularly Dahli-Mama - you are FUNNY!)

I was surprised by how much I missed this board

Bot sure if my display name will be displayed so I'll sign with my former name.

Love to all

Soft Machine

Posted by: Truth Without Fear ( )
Date: September 17, 2010 09:10AM

I now have dual citizenship.

Or I'm a double agent and will be shot on sight by either camp.

Hopefully the former. :-)

Posted by: cs ( )
Date: September 18, 2010 01:25AM

Lunch again? I could use a dose of your hilarious stories. :-) ...Crystal Song

Posted by: get her done ( )
Date: September 18, 2010 05:24AM

I was afraid to look at any other board, I thought I would get my throat slit.....I obeyed and just bowed my head and waited for the new board.

Posted by: brigantia ( )
Date: September 18, 2010 04:07PM

Ooh er.... I feel guilty too. I visited Postmo and now I have a foot in both camps.

They aren't the enemy? Are they?

We did receive a nice welcome but I have to say this is my comfy place, my home. I'm an old fashioned bird and suffered withdrawal.

There's room for both and it is a good fit in my opinion.

:-)

Briggy

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.