Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Crazy_stev3 ( )
Date: February 13, 2016 05:40AM

A little background info, my sister on a mission in mexico has had terrible stomach issues for months now. This last week the mission president finally let her go to the hospital, here's the results in her own words:

"I was put in the hosptial for a couple of days because I had and infecction and for some reason (most likely Heavenly Father) I havent been feeling sick. or having stomache pain. I feel like I have been given a second chance here being in the mission."

Huh. You go to the hospital, get treated, THEN god feels like getting around to healing you... Funny how that works out. :)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: lurking in ( )
Date: February 13, 2016 05:49AM

So she's not sure if it was God or the medications that did the trick? Oh well, she's better now, that's all that really matters. (But she better thank Heavenly Father, anyway--ya' know, just in case it *was* him!)

That's funny stuff.

: )

Posted by: acerbic ( )
Date: February 13, 2016 08:50AM

I came home early from the Mayan Riviera two weeks ago. Mosquito and fly bitten, and with a nasty gastrointestinal infection as well. I went to the hospital there and got a prescription, but I COULD believe its cause the hospital was just 200 yards from the LDs chapel and HF was looking out for me. HA.

Posted by: 64monkey ( )
Date: February 13, 2016 10:57AM

So typical of ignorance in religion. Don't give thanks to the hard working educated men and women of science. Give thanks to some invisible magic man in the sky.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: February 13, 2016 03:42PM

It reminds me of a Lisa Ling documentary about North Korea and people getting cataract surgery, and instead of thanking the doctors for restoring their vision, they thanked their leader instead.

Posted by: praydude ( )
Date: February 13, 2016 03:47PM

If it was God that healed us (and not science) then why go to the hospital at all? Why not just pray and get healed? Perhaps we only have science to show God that we did all we could and now we need his help? Hmmm. Who would have gotten the blame if her condition became worse? Not God I'm sure.

Posted by: PeacePrincess ( )
Date: February 13, 2016 05:31PM

Gawd, the biggest usurp ever!

Posted by: Trails end ( )
Date: February 14, 2016 09:20AM

Out here in the sticks some 20 miles north of zion Ive known a couple good guys...good inspite of being mormon...both have been bishop etc a couple times...both as tbm as gawd cud make em...or their moms idk...they blessed a barren woman who wanted kids...zap she was pregnant not once but twice some 15 years ago..GAWD is great...last year the older of the pair got cancer and all bets were off...the most heart felt administrations of cooking oil and invocations of the almighty could not save his life nor cud science or medicine....now my remaining buddy who really stumbled through his friends death and the essays is doubling down...casting off those wretched questions that faun and fret...its those dam fluke occurences that so cause the belief to strenghten...now hes cummin after me again with one of the high council in a couple days...deep down at two oclock in the morning i think he knows its all a crock...if i can turn him in the next two years itll cost the church 1.5 million dollars in ill gotten gains...heres hoping...not sure why he keeps asking me my opinion on church shit...i havent been for 20 years...but i do try to live a decent life inspite of it...that must be what confuses him

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.