Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: February 13, 2016 03:41AM

about 15 months ago, I was diagnosed with severe osteoarthritis in both shoulders (years of playing string instruments) and also in both knees also severe. I have had MRIs and Ultra Sounds etc, to indicate these things from my doctor.

This past week I got another diagnoses. Now I also have a herniated disk in my lower back. That has to be repaired with a needed stuck in my back replacing the fluid which leaked out. SOUNDS AWFUL. If any of you have had this, please let me know what to expect.

We (hubby and I) have to do some painting and fixing some things in order to sell the house for top dollar. We'd be fools not to go for top dollar since we have no other retirement income.
So for some reason my hubby decided he is NOT going to help with the painting etc. He is being a saboteur now about moving. He doesn't understand that we have to move to a house we can afford to live in so he is arguing about virtually every detail in getting the house ready. I need this right now like I need a hold in the head.

So, if he won't help me, then I have to sell things in the house to pay people to do these painting jobs and stuff associated with it, So I was talking to my cousin (TBM relative) and she said that if I can't talk my hubby into doing it, just do it myself and not sell anything.

Have I been ignored to this point? I have told this cousin and some other relatives about the arthritis etc. So if they heard me, why would they suggest I do the painting myself? I walk with a 4 pronged cane. I can"t get up on a ladder. I have applied for and was turned down for disability because my husband already has it and hence I was told I can't get it. Seems real unfair to me. My doctor was already to write the letter stating I am disabled.

Anyway, after knee replacement surgery, maybe I can do painting etc., but that is down the road and we are moving asap,

It seems that since I am an apostate, I can't be believed about anything at all. Has this happened to anyone else?

I can still hear her smugly saying "well if he won't paint, then do it yourself." I am already doing everything but the painting. And for the record, before my hubby because disabled, he was a professional drywaller and painter. He still knows how to paint but doesn't want to and won't tell me why. He can't paint for hours etc. because of his disability but paining a few rooms is not asking too much. Am I wrong?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Topper ( )
Date: February 13, 2016 04:30AM

Most important is to show it clean, repaired, and uncluttered. Read up on what realtors call staging. It doesn't cost much, is easy to do, and really helps to sell a house.

Posted by: saucie: My BF bought me anewPC ( )
Date: February 13, 2016 01:43PM

Yikes... that's horrid. I feel so bad for you. You need help

and the people around you are acting like "ho Hum".

The only advice I could give you would be to ask your Realtor

for some advice for the most important things to do, to

make your home sale ready, which don't include painting.

Let us know how it goes for you.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: February 14, 2016 07:50AM

who has always taken care of herself all her life, never depended on others, etc. And now no matter how sick you are, people still just expect you to take care of yourself, which is ridiculous.

I'm the same way. They never believe you are really sick or treat you as though you are because you always took care of yourself.

Like I've stated before, I mowed my lawn in a boot after breaking my foot. My ex only said, "Don't do that, you make me look bad." Any of the mormon neighbors offer to mow my lawn?

I've had shingles for 8 months now (postherpetic neuralgia at this stage) and you think anyone lifts a hand. Everyone likes to think I can't possibly be in pain because I keep moving and working and doing everythign for everyone else. My daughter finally believed me when she saw me almost pass out and acting drunk when walking because my meds make me dizzy. BUT did she do anything about it. Nope.

Everyone expects me to keep their world going on as normal. I anticipate it will be that way until the day I die.

Posted by: seekyr ( )
Date: February 14, 2016 08:05AM

If your husband is on disability, is he possibly afraid of losing his disability status if he was caught painting or doing other physical labor, especially since that is what he previously did for a living? I served on a jury in a trial in which a person on disability (who was suing a doctor) was secretly filmed doing everyday activities.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2016 08:39AM by seekyr.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.