Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cwm31s ( )
Date: February 11, 2016 02:55PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Holy the Ghost ( )
Date: February 11, 2016 04:20PM

I'll bet mainstream archeologists are thrilled!

Wait...

You mean the only people interested are people who already believe that the stories of the BoM are true, regardless of what the evidence says...?

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: February 11, 2016 04:28PM

"...probably the only candidate for Nephi's Bountiful..."

So when they find nothing from "Nephi" (and that's what will occur), do they admit that "Bountiful" was a product of Joe's imagination? Hmm?

By the way, that site should hire better proofreaders (it uses "Omani's" instead of the proper "Omanis") :)

Posted by: lurking in ( )
Date: February 11, 2016 04:34PM

Surely this effort will open up the Islamic world to Mormon missionary work--droves of Muslims will be baptized soon.

But seriously, nothing Mormon apologists do can be taken seriously. Apologists are pseudoscientists who are only out to confirm their biases, rather than engage in real scientific exploration and discovery.

Any unique claims made in the Book of Mormon which may attempt to tie it to the Old or New Worlds can therefore be dismissed out of hand.

Posted by: goodlyexmormon ( )
Date: February 11, 2016 08:13PM

They would be pseudoscholars not scientists. Almost the same thing though.

Posted by: shodanrob ( )
Date: February 11, 2016 04:39PM

The comments are pretty good for that article.

Date: February 11, 2016 04:48PM

Comment by:

Debra Woods--February 11, 2016

"Thus we see . . . how the Lord uses even the ugliest of circumstances, to facilitate his work. A year or so ago, there would have been no incentive to portray magnanimity toward all religions, but as a clear show of opposition to ISIS, they were more than happy to do so now. Not only is this terribly exciting for the Nephi's Bountiful project, but moderate people everywhere are starting to stand up to the extremist terror - and some wonderful things will result from this."

Wack-a-doodle-do!

Posted by: goodlyexmormon ( )
Date: February 11, 2016 05:31PM

That comment is so incoherent. I can't even understand what she's trying to say with a link between Isis and their proposed bountiful.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: February 11, 2016 06:40PM

It makes it sound like God invented ISIS as a way to help the Mormons find Bountiful. For Mormons the end always justifies the means.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: February 11, 2016 07:56PM

Yep, God wanted all those people to suffer so Nephi could be found. People have been praying to him about the veracity of The Boook of Mormon I'm sure.

Date: February 11, 2016 07:55PM

My interpretation is that she believes Oman is finally allowing Mormons/Christians into this area where "Bountiful" is located because Oman basically wants to spite ISIS (who doesn't like Christians so much) for of all the mayhem ISIS has been causing recently. I think the implication she is making, as well, is that Mormons may somehow be able to ingratiate themselves further with the leaders of Oman, which could create a foothold for Mormon missionaries into that country (and other Muslim countries, as well!). Mormons often suggest that God uses terrible events in the world (wars, disasters, etc.) to pave the way for Mormon missionaries into areas where they have been previously prohibited from going.

That's right: Wack-a-doodle-do!

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: February 11, 2016 04:52PM

Oh good grief...now I will have my FB bombarded with shares of this article by my TBM family. Isn't it wonderful! NOT!

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: February 11, 2016 05:56PM

I try to read some of the LDS Living stuff for amusement, but it's usually just so inane I can't take it. And this one starts out with saying the remains of a Hebrew temple!? Does the reader realize that to a Jew, there is only *one* temple!?

I can't take it, I tellz ya!!

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: February 11, 2016 08:43PM

After they find Nephi they can head over to Ireland and dig up all the buried leprechaun gold!...the Irish treasury could sure use it!

RB

Posted by: Hedning ( )
Date: February 12, 2016 06:13PM

it looks just like the pile of rocks on the Bountiful Webpage.

Posted by: jojo ( )
Date: February 11, 2016 10:43PM

The main article that this one is referring to is at the following site:

http://ldsmag.com/major-announcement-omanis-grant-permission-to-dig-at-nephis-bountiful/

Posted by: s.o.s. ( )
Date: February 12, 2016 08:20PM

Somebody should alert the authorities to ensure that they don't bring any artificats to plant on the scene.

I've heard that false artificats is a problem in Israel.
New technology makes it difficult to detect them.

Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: February 12, 2016 08:42PM

Wow...many priceless comments allowed by Ex-Mo's...go for it guys!!!

Or so it seems to me...

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: February 12, 2016 09:28PM

I am Nephi's Bountiful Boner! You found me out.

Posted by: elderpopejoy ( )
Date: February 12, 2016 09:40PM

I truly believe that “Whore's Foot” by the sea in Oman is Nephi's ancient Bountiful.

This new dirt expedition will surly prove all detractors of Mormon archeological boondoggles wrong.

Come ye Saints! Go! Excavate! And bring them relics to light for all them antis to see!

But be clever if you choose to perform the Israeli fake relic scam.

"Somebody should alert the authorities to ensure that they don't bring any artificats to plant on the scene." (S.O.S)

Artificial cats could contaminate this important Mormon dig.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: February 12, 2016 09:44PM

Now, EPJ, if you and me can just get Mark Hofmann released from jail and get to the dig site first...maybe we could all benefit financially from this!

Posted by: elderpopejoy ( )
Date: February 13, 2016 12:18AM

Boner,sir, one of Mark's earliest scams was the inscription of a fake date on a silver dime and experts certified the thing a valuable gem.

Let's Get that boy outta jail and down to Oman with a concealed bag of phony Shums and Senines, then spread 'em around by the sea and enjoy another humbug.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: February 13, 2016 12:30AM

anything found will turn out to be an altar.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.