Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: aposenai ( )
Date: February 11, 2016 02:27PM

I realized all of this was a lie about 6 weeks ago. I'm totally done and in the process of extracting my family. DH agrees, but for him he needs to do an incremental slow fade. My 14-year-old has not believed for awhile and is done. She told her sister about polygamy and that JS married a girl her age even though "he was almost as old as Dad." She told him all about how he married other husband's wives, etc. She thought her sister was totally making it up to freak her out. I verified all of this was true. I was sort of surprised she didn't know, but then they don't teach that at church either. I've not been a big FHE or read the scriptures together type and just focused on the positive stuff previously. The good news is I think that did it for her. She hated going to church already and didn't have friends there, so I didn't think it would be tough. But, her sister is much smarter than me and has begun to feed her the truth. Because my husband wants to keep it quiet and fade out, I have not been really hitting her hard with this stuff. But, geez, I can't help it if her sister does right? LOL

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lori C ( )
Date: February 11, 2016 02:31PM

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: February 11, 2016 06:29PM

As you say, it is not taught in classes.

Posted by: Imbolc ( )
Date: February 11, 2016 07:02PM

Your daughter did an awesome job. Kids need to be educated about why you are leaving a cult so they most likely won't be suckered in when they are older. Like the commercial says, "knowledge is power." It's hard to turn over your hard-earned cash to some ridiculous cult when you KNOW how ridiculous it is.

Posted by: Calico ( )
Date: February 12, 2016 10:41PM

It is great that your older daughter sees what is what! It helps to get all your kids on the same page, good lucK!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.