Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: February 10, 2016 03:56PM

Those of us who read the Salt Lake Tribune have to put up with Peggy Fletcher Stack's apologetics, but we are also treated to "Not Suitable for the Deseret News" items like this one.

http://www.sltrib.com/entertainment/3500383-155/utah-actor-revives-his-mormon-boy

Wow!

Just wow; I'm otherwise speechless

/borrowingfromconkite'sapollomoonlandingreport

>Fifteen years ago, Steven Fales launched his solo theater career with a Salt Lake City reading of "Confessions of a Mormon Boy," a frank and comedic look at the sixth-generation Mormon's journey to "overcome" his homosexuality.

>Over the years, he expanded his brand of solo autobiography into a trilogy that includes stories about overcoming his fall into meth addiction and prostitution, a backward look at his LDS mission, Mormon temple rituals and his excommunication, as well as his legal fight over custody and visitation of his two children.

>"This is my contribution to telling the stories of Mormon Americana," says Fales, whose backstory is marked by his marriage to Emily Pearson. She's the daughter of Carol Lynn Pearson, the LDS writer who became something of a Mother Confessor to gay Mormons in the decades after her 1986 memoir "Goodbye, I Love You," about the death of her husband from AIDS.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.