Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: shodanrob ( )
Date: February 10, 2016 09:37AM

My friend and I are going to Deadpool on Saturday and then he will be going to open house for the new temple after. Not sure how much his wife likes this, but it made me laugh. Dude we're going to see a movie that has been advertised to be as raunchy as hell and then you're going to the new house of the Lord? I actually commended him.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2016 09:38AM by shodanrob.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: escapee nli ( )
Date: February 10, 2016 10:06AM

Deadpool sounds like a euphemism for baptism for the dead.

Other Susan

Date: February 10, 2016 11:03AM

You may be on to something there. I think I have to make a Deadpool poster with the character on it asking where is the pool to baptize dead people

Posted by: amiable ( )
Date: February 10, 2016 11:21AM

Haha! That's what i thought, too!

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: February 10, 2016 11:25AM

Wait a minute! You're going to see Deadpool twice. First the movie and then the baptism font. From pictures I seen of the new Provo Temple, I think it looks like a Victorian funeral parlor.

I don't know how you and your buddy are going to keep straight faces after the movie while doing the temple tour. And I can't imagine posting here and choosing to go deep into the Morg's lair, but hey, whatever stiffens your shaft! The Boner.

Date: February 10, 2016 11:41AM

Oh hell no, I am not going to that building. Have no interest and I find the buildings offensive. Waste of millions of dollars so people can go and fawn over the beauty of the building and its interior. Not supporting that and I hate temples. Even when I was "TBM" I hated them. Guess I wasn't that TBM after all. I wasn't invited either.....thank God. I wouldn't go anyway. Even if I was invited. I have other plans. Those plans being not going to the Provo Temple open house.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2016 11:44AM by shodanrob.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.