Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anon4this ( )
Date: February 10, 2016 01:51AM

The night that I really started looking into the Mormon fraud and visited this website was a scary one. There was a crazy lightening storm and a part of me wondered if I might be struck by lightening for looking up "Anti-Mormon" literature. It was really late at night and I was the only one awake when our electricity went out and I nearly had a heart attack!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: February 10, 2016 02:20AM

That's a great story! It's really amazing how much we buy into fear that is instilled by others.
Total nonsense, of course! Hope you had a good laugh!

Actually, I love thunder and lightening and rain. Have not had enough of it in So.CA as we are sill in a drought.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2016 02:20AM by SusieQ#1.

Posted by: blakballoon ( )
Date: February 10, 2016 02:49AM

I hear ya! I was ok coming here, but the first time I posted, my finger wavered over the 'post message' button. I was thinking 'if I post this I'm apostate'. 'what am I doing!'

...tap.. no lightening:)

Posted by: lurking in ( )
Date: February 10, 2016 04:46AM

... but a 100% chance that visitors will be enlightened!

: )

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: February 10, 2016 05:15AM

I think your post might encourage others to keep searching and to work through their fear as you did. Well done!

Posted by: Mike T. ( )
Date: February 10, 2016 06:02AM

We've had some pretty good, credible, even likable people hang out here. We got a Pulitzer winner, we've had a former mission president, former stake presidents, former area controller's, financial authorities, lots of former bishops and bishops counselors, and Relief Society presidents. It's a pretty credible place to be. It's a lot less boring than that Post-Mormon site, where people are all polite and stuff. We can get rowdy and fun. We mostly just have a lot of information to share.

Posted by: Roger ( )
Date: February 10, 2016 10:32AM

Hello anon4this, when I first started questioning inconsistencies, my wife made comments such as that's "anti" and my calm and reassuring response has always been, I'm not anti Mormon , I'm pro truth. It was a difficult 5 years of less active status, having been EQP X 3, and some of my key business contacts being BIC TBMs. In my experience, knowing the truth, which this board cultivates, helps me be fearless with Mormons, as I hope to educate in a civil and respectful approach. That was 10!years ago... My marriage is stronger than ever, my business is stable and consistently growing, and my journey led me to, what I believe to be Christianity, which was a realization of unmerited Grace, and not salvation by works/appearance. The best of luck in your journey. Sincerely, Roger.
Ps: sorry for the run on sentences, I will work on that.

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: February 10, 2016 10:46AM

Yet your insatiable thirst and need to know the truth kept your fear at bay long enough to see the mist clearing away.

Huge Kudos to you! This is the kind of courage and integrity that others lack.

Truly, what good comes from knowing better yet keeping up pretenses to keep ones family together?

Short term is justifiable but if the lack of courage to act goes on for years then you are lying to yourself and all others you love. You have sold your soul and laid your head on the compostable pillow called "not rocking the boat" when the boat most often needs to be sent to the bottom.

How long will lies be sustained by the knowing but non-acting until a new boat gets built?

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: February 10, 2016 11:30AM

Yeah, I remember those feelings too--What if I'm wrong and maybe the church is true--what have I done?

That was a long time ago. Now it's just Fuck the Morg, and can I have another beer, please. The Boner.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.