Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anon4this ( )
Date: February 10, 2016 01:34AM

So I am going to let you in on an embarrassing secret that I have only told few people in my life. Death has always scared the crap out of me. You could say I have very serious Death Phobia. I can't attend funerals and even watching movies with funerals or caskets etc scare the crap out of me. Movie/television show autopsies are just too much. I even have a hard time touching objects that have belonged to deceased relatives. I don't like to interact with people who are dying or near death either. I realize that this is strange, bizarre and abnormal. I should also mention that I have OCD and am seeing a therapist without much luck. I have noticed that since discovering Mormonism is a sham and religions are just made up to help people cope with the unknown I am now an atheist. This hasn't given me any more comfort in regards to my fears of death. Finding out Mormonism is a fraud is one thing but coming to terms that there is more than likely not an afterlife has been the hardest thing for me to deal with.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Topper ( )
Date: February 10, 2016 01:55AM

You've just taken yours to a much higher level. Did you have a fright in your childhood? Has any other family had such a pronounced fear? If reincarnation exists, perhaps you died a violent death in a past life, and carried the memory with you. Just some food for thought.

Posted by: Anon4this ( )
Date: February 10, 2016 02:40AM

My family has a very active imagination and fascination with morbid things. No one as far as I know has this same phobia in my family unless they are keeping it a secret.

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: February 10, 2016 05:33AM

I think a lot of people really do have issues with death. I know that near every night I dream about my dead grandparents, g-grandparents and the past. My mind is subconsciously wrapped up in another time, long ago before life's sorrows and ugly realities had left a mark on me. Perhaps I long for the innocence of yesterday (paradise lost), I wonder what went wrong?
If you find a coping solution let us know...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.