Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Mythb4meat ( )
Date: February 09, 2016 02:59PM

This typical TBM family of 6, from Tooele Utah, are just leaving home in their 8 passenger Mormon mini-van with a BYU sticker in the rear window. License plate frame says "I'm LDS". Dad is driving, mom in front passenger seat, and the school-age kids in back: Hyrum, Dallin, Moroni, and Emma.

After just an hour on I-80, young Dallin has to go pee-pee. "Holy Gadiantons Dallin, can't you wait another few minutes?" shouts dad.

Later, Emma is getting hungry. She spilled her dry cup of Cheerios on the back seat and carpet. "here honey," says mom, "I made some shepard's pie for us all to share. "Pass the jello, do you want green or red?"

Getting very bored, they have decided to play a game. "Name that Temple" is very fun, and Hyrum even knew what year the Cardston, AB temple was dedicated! "for Yewt sakes kids, turn off that Disney video, we are listening to BYU radio!" shouts an irritated mom. Last week we visited Deseret Book and got you some Book of Mormon stories videos!

On the second day of the long drive eastward, 2 of the kids were so bored they were using loud laughter and yelling too much. "Shutup now kids, or I will make you get out and TREK the rest of the way"!! "But I lost my CTR ring, I think it fell under the seat" said Moroni.

And so it went, and finally arriving on the 3rd day, they drove right to Temple Lot in Jackson County, and suddenly realized: the prophesized and promised LDS temple at this location, has yet to be built!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: justarelative ( )
Date: February 09, 2016 05:32PM

Yet to be built? How is that possible? It shows up RIGHT THERE in the Joseph Smith translation of the Google Maps!

JAR

Posted by: josephsmyth2016 ( )
Date: February 09, 2016 08:10PM

Ironically, this scenario used to happen all the time in the late 60's, 70's, 80's, and even 90's. Not as much these days as the Q15 have taken focus off the New Zion. Many Utard profit wannabe's would come here, hoping for a new thrill. Even after being disappointed - they stayed. Once they got into local leadership, it was morgbot hell. Can you imagine the most zealous of the crazies being in one place?

Posted by: randyj ( )
Date: February 09, 2016 08:51PM

"they drove right to Temple Lot in Jackson County, and suddenly realized: the prophesized and promised LDS temple at this location, has yet to be built!!!"

No problem. They can take the tour of the lovely RLDS temple there, and then walk down the block and visit the LDS visitors' center. In fact, if they so desire, they can visit all of the One True Churches in Independence. ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2016 08:52PM by randyj.

Posted by: unworthy ( )
Date: February 09, 2016 10:47PM

I have family that owns land in Missouri. Maybe they will sell it to the mormons and get rich,,

Posted by: topper ( )
Date: February 10, 2016 12:08PM

to the top n/t

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.