Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: 64monkey ( )
Date: February 08, 2016 10:00PM

I began my departure out of TSCC when I lived in St. George, Utah. When I became inactive I suddenly had Sundays off, not to mention a 10% pay raise. My living room had a big bay window that gave me a good view of my surrounding neighbors. My TV was next to said window. Sitting in my Lazy Boy on Sunday mornings at about 1045am while watching only the best invention ever according to Homer Simpson and myself, "TV". I got to witness the migration of exiting cars from driveways all headed to the ward house. Then since I don't like to move much on Sunday I would witness the return of the sheep at 2:15pm. Odd thing was the ward house was only two blocks away and everybody drove there. Of course I will give them a little slack, walking two blocks in mid summer in St. George can be taxing. For me personally, witnessing this each Sunday gave me such a feeling of freedom. A freedom without the guilt I had been brought up on to believe a God was keeping a score card on who goes to church, what they wear, did they pay their tithing, listening and suffering through talks and lessons, and testimony meeting for three hours. And believing the creator of the universe commanded me to do this every Sunday in order to receive make believe blessings. It is such a great feeling to be free from all that man made fraud and brain washing. I am no longer a member. I am a individual and I am free.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: NeverMoJohn ( )
Date: February 08, 2016 11:25PM

How bizarre that they would schedule their 3 hours through lunch. But it appears that they get away with it anyway.

Posted by: koriwhoremonger ( )
Date: February 09, 2016 04:53PM

What really makes me smile is how many cars come back after an hour and 10 minutes with only one person in them. Then they go back about 15 minutes before the 3 hour block is scheduled to end. Yep. I'm not the only one in the circle who can't stand church, but I guess I'm the only one that is willing to be public about it.

Posted by: desertman ( )
Date: February 09, 2016 05:59PM

I lived in St. George and can TESTIFY to the above.

Posted by: Jennalou211 ( )
Date: February 09, 2016 11:09PM

How big is St. George? Feels like the whole City is LDS. I tried to get a job in my field (to be close to an LDS man...stupid mistake) and it's like they knew I was coming before I even starting looking ;) creepy!

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: February 10, 2016 12:39AM

I have DNA in that town. Some of my family went astray and left California.

Posted by: cupcakelicker (...) ( )
Date: February 10, 2016 02:27AM

Asia Carrera... née Bagley. Who knew?

Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: February 10, 2016 06:40AM

Don't you love these moments of pure gratitude for your freedom!

I have those moments almost every day, and I've been free for 8 years. The joy never ends!

Thank you for your story.

Posted by: Not logged in again ( )
Date: February 10, 2016 08:51AM

I ride my bike most mornings (when the weather is decent). We have a place that we always stop and take a break. We always seem to be in this spot about 8:50am as all the people are heading to church. I get the biggest kick out of watching all them. I never see anyone smiling. They all look uptight, bored or even angry. I remember the "Sunday morning fights" every week before going to church.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.