Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: randyj ( )
Date: January 29, 2016 08:47PM

For those who have read my recent posts re: the Mountain Meadows massacre, and are interested in learning more about the subject, here's the link to the last thread I wrote about it on ARM in 2003:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/alt.religion.mormon/DdZa0uiVQbE/CrLUr_x1EPIJ

I started that thread to respond to one of the most rabid fanatical apologists on ARM, Red Davis. Red had made a lot of ignorant comments about the MMM, and had offered some incredible apologetic explanations for the evidence which I had earlier posted which places blame for the event on Brigham Young and the institutional church. That thread, containing 30 posts, includes a lot more historical references and more detailed responses to the Mormon apologetics. I won't copy the material here, but those who want to learn more can go and read it.

One note: In Dimick Huntington's journal entry wherein he wrote of the war council in SLC between Brigham Young and 12 southern Indian chiefs, Huntington abbreviated Brigham's name as "B" (although it's obvious from other sources that the "B" referred to Brigham.) Huntington also wrote of someone he named as "D" being present at that council. At the time I wrote these posts, I assumed that Huntington was referring to himself, Dimick, seeing as how he was in the council as well. However, shortly after I wrote those posts, I realized that the "D" more likely referred to Daniel H. Wells, who was Young's counselor and "lieutenant general" of the Nauvoo Legion (in effect the chief Mormon military officer.) So for those who read that thread, keep that in mind.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: January 29, 2016 09:37PM

Remember that D Wells also testified at the second trial John D. Lee giving the OK to find him guilty - and he was married to one of Lee's favorite wives.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.