Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: freedomatlast ( )
Date: January 18, 2016 09:10PM

I just found this on my Facebook feed. It's official, the church is true, the BofM is true, Native (North) Americans are decendents of Lehi because this guy says so.

(Oh yeah, if it's all true, I guess God really does hate the Gays after-all!!)

http://ldsmissionaries.com/dna-evidence-book-of-mormon/

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: goodlyexmormon ( )
Date: January 18, 2016 09:12PM

Bullshit. They've been trying to prove it with DNA forever and never have.

Posted by: Joe W ( )
Date: January 18, 2016 09:28PM

The man is a near complete fraud; the only way he's "accurate" is in calling out FARMS and the like for their nonsense about the BoM taking place in Central America. Joseph Smith was pretty damn clear where the BoM took place.

http://www.csicop.org/si/show/civilizations_lost_and_found_fabricating_history_-_part_three_real_messages/

http://simonsoutherton.blogspot.com/2013/09/meldrums-x-lineage-good.html

http://simonsoutherton.blogspot.com.au/2013/05/a-house-divided-book-of-mormon.html

Posted by: goodlyexmormon ( )
Date: January 18, 2016 09:30PM

Ain't watching two frauds argue about which group is more fraudulent adorable?

Posted by: SimonS ( )
Date: January 18, 2016 09:55PM

Rodney Meldrum tearing up as he tells us DNA proves team Heartland is right and Mesoamerican apologists are deluded. I predict this is going to go viral on Mormon Facebook pages and BYU Mesoamerican (FARMS and FAIR) apologists will be livid.

He must be right cause he is almost crying!!

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: January 18, 2016 10:05PM

Who?

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: January 18, 2016 10:22PM

Not important.

RB

Posted by: freedomatlast ( )
Date: January 19, 2016 12:45AM

My dad just messaged me with this link asking me to please watch it with an open mind. Let's say this is real. . . Native Americans have the same DNA as the Hebrews. Does this automatically translate to "Joe as a prophet"?? What about the other 10,000 things on my list of "crazy"?

Posted by: randyj ( )
Date: January 19, 2016 06:10PM

I suggest that you study the material in these links:

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1756825,1757269#msg-1757269

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: January 19, 2016 08:52PM

Well the simplest answer is probably the right one. the whole dna thing is so complicated anyway. Reliable computers have only been around for 15 or so years. I wouldn't put my complete trust in any of the so called findings of the big business research and academia. A bunch of old white men sitting around writing books about things they think they've discovered (but actually have made up), this they call science, all for the almighty dollar. Sadly the young and talented in America are being duped.

(I'm glad I kept my world view in tact)

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: January 19, 2016 09:13PM

poopstone Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Reliable computers have only been around for 15 or
> so years.

Gee, that's odd, I programmed reliable computers for 25+ years, and I stopped doing it about 16 years ago.
Hmm...

> I wouldn't put my complete trust in any
> of the so called findings of the big business
> research and academia. A bunch of old white men
> sitting around writing books about things they
> think they've discovered (but actually have made
> up), this they call science...

Science doesn't ask for "trust." It presents evidence that supports conclusions, and asks you to check it for yourself. If you're too lazy to do that, don't blame science.

> (I'm glad I kept my world view in tact)

Yeah, your world view needs to be updated. :)

Posted by: William Law ( )
Date: January 19, 2016 11:05PM

Amazing, but you're free to be an anti-intellectual if you want to be.

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: January 20, 2016 01:07PM

Maintains a blog, and here's here discussion of the issue...

http://violentmetaphors.com/2015/11/11/responses-to-some-questions-about-our-recently-published-paper-on-haplogroup-x-and-north-american-prehistory/

Readers are welcome to peruse the comments, two near the end are particularly obfuscatory...

And I liked this one from your link:

>Raff said it was important to accurately examine the populating of the Americas, especially because many times in American history those who favor the idea of a European influence upon Native Americans have used that to take away from their tribal sovereignty and cultural achievements.

>“That is really troubling not just because it’s bad science, but also because it’s trying to disassociate contemporary Native Americans from their history,” Raff said. “Even though I don’t believe authors of the Solutrean hypothesis intended it this way, it’s just another facet of that move to separate Native Americans from their ancestors.”

Posted by: Zeezromp ( )
Date: January 20, 2016 07:05AM

The Book of Mormon was supposedly written unto the Lamanites( AmerIndians) and tells their great story, White skin Israelite origin etc.

Yet the Book of Mormon fails miserably to mention that they migrated from Asia via the land bridge Beringia.

It's obvious that Smith had no insight at all from an all knowing Super sky father.

Instead it makes up some BS in a lame effort to answer the debates and mysteries of his day as to the origins of the AmerIndians. In his day the Israelite migration tale and subsequent skin colour change for disobedience made sense to his cult recruits (they didn't know any better) and hence were duped by a con artist.

They subsequently handed over money and wives and daughters to the cult leaders.

What is it exactly that Mormons don't seem to comprehend here? lol

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.