Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Lori C ( )
Date: January 12, 2016 02:59PM

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/01/repent-the-gay-away-wife-of-mormon-leader-tells-gays-to-pray-for-sexual-harmony-with-god/comments/#disqus

This woman, Wendy Nelson, is the wife of Russell, the guy who just said that banning gays from the LDS church is a Revelation from God himself. Also he invokes his "A-OK" to keep the children of LGBT families out of the church, make your legally married LGTB friends/family, "apostates", and invoke severe shunning that comes with that if you do not allow your kids to disavow you...(hopefully you'll just divorce to keep the family happy).

Wendy, in the same Conference on Sunday has now said... “I pray that this year that you will have some moments of anguishing desperation that will propel you further along the path to becoming the man or woman you were born to be.”

She is talking about becoming strait as that is the way "God's Plan" was written. We gay people are meant to "repent" of our gayness and get with the program of breeding the next generation of tithe payers!

Same back to you lady. You have no business wishing "anguishing desperation" on anyone. This is how people get killed and kill themselves and you are CRUEL and INHUMANE to even suggest such a thing! Clearly you believe that if you create the shunning environment...then the gay child will be homeless, penniless...and be forced to come home and pretend to be straight just to keep breathing on this planet. So much like the gay torture therapy they used to do in the bowels of BYU.

Obviously this is no church of "Christ".

This policy is here to invoke pain, to force walls and division between families, and bring hopelessness and desperation to gay people, young and old. This policy is only here so you won't get your ass sued for teaching children that their nasty, lesbian mothers are sinful and having those mothers come after your ass(ets)!
What a sick, sick, twisted cult! Never in my life did I ever think the "leaders" that I once trusted as a teen would wish "desperate anguish" on me. Now I clearly see the purpose of the shunning.....make your life a living hell so you'll bloody well conform.

What an awful woman to be a "leader" in any organization.

I'm done straddling the line and having a shred of hope that anything would ever change in this filty church. They want your money and your conformity. They want you to do "work" for dead people so you won't worry about what is going on right now among the LIVING!! They want to tempt you with mansions of Glory in the afterlife which they can't prove, so you'll give all of your "now" to them. It's sick.

"Ain't nobody got time for that!"

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Exmo Aspie ( )
Date: January 12, 2016 03:03PM

That dirty whore...

Date: January 12, 2016 03:04PM

...that they know what the familial shunning of these gay family members is doing to them...it's to make them so miserable and desperate that they'll do anything...including pretend to be strait so they'll have their families back!

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: January 12, 2016 03:09PM

LDS advice to gays: fake it if you can't make it.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: January 12, 2016 08:05PM

Except it would be easier to fake an orgasm than to fake being gay.

It is cruel on its face.

Posted by: Doxi ( )
Date: January 12, 2016 03:30PM

...take that nasty evil broad and lock her up in a jail cell with Cheryl's rotten sister. They'll have SO much to talk about I'm sure.

Bleah.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: January 12, 2016 03:54PM

These people have blood on their hands. There are youth out there that are not prepared to handle these kinds of vicious verbal assaults.

Posted by: Book of Mordor ( )
Date: January 12, 2016 04:14PM

What makes this especially hypocritical is that Wendy herself is reported to be bisexual and the lesbian lover of Sheri Dew; one of those open secrets in Utah.

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1642317,1642433#msg-1642433

Date: January 12, 2016 04:32PM

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: January 12, 2016 06:04PM

who is "doing" what she asks all the other gays to do. My ex's sister is just like this. Okay, live in a loveless marriage, wish you could be in a gay relationship. Well, she has Dew. They are basically a 3-some. They probably just don't have sex. Dew is probably going to be one of the other plural wives for Nelson in the CK. Don't we all get it? My ex's sister talks about how she can see how polygamy is a good thing. Well, she and her husband barely tolerate each other. They don't even put on a good show. But since she has stuck it out, she can look down her nose at my ex and I. See, See, you can do it.

I called my ex's sister over this when it happened back in November and told her she better shutup on fb as I remember what she told me over 20 years ago, that I haven't forgotten, and she shut up.

I agree with someone above. This woman is a filthy whore. I wish they'd just shut the fuck up. I'd just gotten through Monday's news and now this. I'm sitting here working crying.

The leaders also set me up to feel that desperate anguish. It was MY JOB to save him. I'm still told I gave up, that I wasn't righteous enough by mormons like his sister and my own daughter has said that some years ago. And the mormon girls from the singles ward who never married think they can save him. I just wasn't righteous enough.

This is just bullshit. I hate mormons. I"m done with them EXCEPT my daughter. I have to be there for my daughter and I always will be, but I'm done with mormons. DONE.

Posted by: Book of Mordor ( )
Date: January 12, 2016 07:15PM

"They probably just don't have sex."

Nelson, sure (he is 91 after all), but if you also mean Wendy and Sheri, then I respectfully disagree. Discreet lesbian sex is tolerated by the church; perhaps not in all cases, but I think bishops will often turn a blind eye to it.

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1453704,1453842#msg-1453842

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: January 12, 2016 07:52PM

I actually met someone on this board years ago (who I ended up happening to know who his wife was) who had reported his wife and the neighbor's lesbian affair and nothing was done. The bishop essentially didn't care.

Posted by: dp ( )
Date: January 13, 2016 01:10AM

"Tell me more," said that bishop, probably.

Posted by: seekyr ( )
Date: January 12, 2016 04:44PM

Well, one thing she said was correct (though she meant it differently, I'm sure.)

“Your true self is spectacular, never settle for less.”

So keep that one line and toss out every thing else she said.

Posted by: PaintingintheWin ( )
Date: January 12, 2016 05:53PM

that is a curse.

wow karma's a bitch.

she did not limit or constrain tbe curse by directing it with any limit - she cast an infinite curse, without specific limits on its variables.

this is not good practice.

that's dark dark magic. (and it tends to fall back on yourself) the illusion is she states it publically in what others call a prayer. question: If locals said "amen" did the karma extend to rhem and did they share casting the curse she threw so she attempts to dodge the karma?

just wondering, now I woke up to some of lifes illusions. You have to wonder

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: January 12, 2016 06:43PM

Where did she get that phrase, anguishing desperation?

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: January 13, 2016 01:02AM

Russell Nelson and Wendy Nelson both spoke at a devotional in the Provo Missionary Training Center on January 13, 2015. Wendy Nelson used the term “anguishing desperation” then, invoking challenging times for young missionaries so they will learn to have a “successful” mission.

From Des News:

“Sister Nelson offered ideas about what she called “one key for success on your mission. I’d like to talk to you about desperation.”

“She explained, “When we are desperate everything changes. Our vision changes. We are suddenly able to see things we’ve never seen before. Our ability to do increases. We are suddenly able to do whatever it takes. ...

“My dear elders and sisters, I pray that on your mission you will have many moments of complete and overwhelming and even anguishing desperation. Why? Because then, and only then, will you desperately ask, desperately seek and desperately knock. Then, and only then, will you find the courage and determination to follow through with exactness everything the Lord needs you to do in order to serve a valiant vibrant, worthy and very successful mission for Him.”

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865619681/Missionaries-are-called-to-bring-joy-to-others-Elder-Nelson-says.html?pg=all

Another related expression that pre-dates 2015:

“This Anguishing Blessed Journey” is a 2003 (Christian) book about a mother’s journey with her autistic child.

http://www.amazon.com/Anguishing-Blessed-Journey-Sonya-Shafer/dp/1594670803

I can identify better with an anguishing journey that is “blessed” rather than “desperate”. I also note that as a mainstream Christian, even though there may be anguish and desperation aplenty throughout life, the acts of converting and exercising faith are not taught (in my experience) as so very desperately difficult in and of themselves. Not like in Mormonism where you must be “determined” and “courageous” and “valiant” and “worthy” and where you must “desperately” seek and knock, just to start with. Especially, you do not have to “follow through with exactness everything the Lord needs you to do”. Rather, “the door is open” and the “burden is light”.

Just saying.

I’d still like to know where Wendy Nelson got this term. I’m positive she didn’t make it up. As often the case in Mormon talks and “revelation” though, the little matter of giving attribution is overlooked.

Posted by: whatchyakonw ( )
Date: January 12, 2016 07:02PM

I don't care with whom you sleep, what tickles your fancy, your choice of attire, if you choose to have or adopt children or not, and so on and so on.

I care that you are safe, have food, shelter and clothing, and that your medical needs are met. I care that you care enough to either get these things for yourself, or reach out to those who can help you get them.

I care if you are afraid, lonely or in pain. It is my prayer to humanity that you will be seen and loved for who you are, comforted that you were born to let the beauty of your authentic self be free. I pray to strangers for their strength and honor, to step in to aid and protect those brothers and sisters among us not strong enough to protect themselves.

I pray to you, for your heart's deafness to hate, and for your clear vision that there are so very many of us who want these things for you, and for each other.

I don't know you, but I know me, and I know that I would love you, just as you are. Think of the millions of people, just like me, and know that we fight for your freedom, as we fight for our own. Take us with you wherever you go, and know that we are real, and we are winning the battle againat hate. I'm sorry it's taking so long, but we will never give up.

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: January 12, 2016 07:08PM

Didn’t like her little speech?

Well try one of these from the infamous Dr. Nelson

(apparently Wendy’s been sneaking in and using her husbands Bat Phone to God when he’s not looking)

What Would A Holy Woman Do?
Sep 3, 2013
by Wendy Watson Nelson

Change Your Questions, Change Your Life
Dec 26, 2009
by Wendy Watson Nelson

Rock Solid Relationships: Strengthening Personal Relationships with Wisdom from the Scriptures
Mar 3, 2010
by Wendy Watson Nelson

Covenant Keepers: Unlocking the Miracles God Wants For You
Feb 29, 2016
by Wendy Watson Nelson

OR better yet, shoot yourself before reading these books and save yourself the time!

Date: January 12, 2016 07:11PM

I forgot this new little jewel from Wendy.

Warning: Do not read this to your kids!

Don't believe me? Check the reviews.

The Not Even Once ClubSep 2, 2013
by Wendy Watson Nelson and Brandon Dorman
$18.99Prime
Only 10 left in stock - order soon.
More Buying Choices
$18.89new(5 offers)
$7.99used(9 offers)
FREE Shipping on orders over $35
1.7 out of 5 stars 114

Date: January 12, 2016 07:14PM

Wendy is the numero uno example why no struggling LDS person should seek guidance from an LDS therapist.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2016 07:15PM by AmIDarkNow?.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: January 12, 2016 07:20PM

She's fucking nuts! I pray that she will be enlightened to love all people despite her bigotry. The Boner.

Posted by: the1v ( )
Date: January 12, 2016 08:14PM

As the wife of a apostle she undoubtedly has had her calling and election made sure. So no matter how much you complain she knows she is going to the celestial Kingdom.

Now I am pretty sure Mormons have the two places mixed up. Anywhere this bitch goes is sure to be hell. The deepest level of hell that is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2016 08:15PM by the1v.

Date: January 12, 2016 08:16PM

Well of course the prevert breatherin would be OK with ladies having affairs when there was no attendant risk of preggers sitting there sobbing in the bishop's merciless seat.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: January 12, 2016 09:49PM

Unfortunately, this woman's religious position is not uncommon in some other religious groups.
I don't understand it myself.

Posted by: Doubting Thomas ( )
Date: January 13, 2016 12:36AM

Isn't this the woman that was living with Sheri Dew until the time she married Nelson? She (like Dew) had never married... Perhaps Sister Nelson "protests too much."

Posted by: eldorado ( )
Date: January 13, 2016 01:52AM

Seriously how evil can the leaders get?I can not wrap my head around this kind of hate.My heart brakes for all of those stuck inside of this sick cult,specially if they happen to be gay.The whole desperation crud is just scary.Don't they have a clue?That,the kind desperation they are asking for leads to suicide in people.This just makes me sad and angry.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2016 01:53AM by eldorado.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: January 13, 2016 06:03AM

Too Much time on her/their hands, Nothing Else better to do.

the Absolute Maximum case of differentiation between 'good' & 'evil'.

Wasn't it the leader of Libya who said (paraphrase) 'there are no gays (homosexuals?) in Libya'?

Posted by: Mike T. ( )
Date: January 13, 2016 06:06AM

Odd response from a woman who had a long lesbian relationship with Sherry Dew.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: January 13, 2016 10:16AM

The speech reeks of that unique blend of arrogance and ignorance that is the Hallmark of Mormonism.

She is proud and arrogant. She is the epitome of the "Great and Spacious Building" crowd.

Despicable.

Date: January 13, 2016 10:34AM

“Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them.”

― Henry David Thoreau,

Posted by: gheco ( )
Date: January 13, 2016 10:39AM

I read this wrong, and was thinking that I had never thought of Willie Nelson as a religious person.

Perhaps Rastafarian.

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: January 13, 2016 02:56PM

Sorry, 'anguishing desperation' doesn't get a response from a non-existent god or non-responsive god. Or if you believe there IS a God, it doesn't work if the answer is 'no', or if the church isn't true, or if what you are asking for is impossible.

I've been there, when trying to get a testimony. Didn't work. I'll remember my last desperate moment, when my faith was barely hanging on, and I really thought God would answer. I thought he MUST, because I couldn't hang on without it. Nothing happened. Absolutely no response. I was on my own. That was when God ceased to exist for me. I knew if he existed, he would have answered. And if by the smallest chance, He was ignoring me, I wanted nothing to do with him.

I know someone else who was pleading for a testimony trying to prepare for a mission, and was considering suicide because he couldn't get a testimony. After a desperate plea, he got the testimony. Please note, that doesn't mean the church was true. It just means that he got an overwhelming feeling that it was when his very existence was threatened. Why would God require someone to be THAT bad off before answering? Is God that big of a &*(^%? BTW that story was told me after I left the church, and was meant to be faith-promoting.

I know that many LGBT have been there, and after years of anguish and desperate pleas, have committed suicide. Prayer isn't going to change your sexuality. It just won't work. Putting the blame on them is cruel and abusive.

I think the larger question is Why would a loving God put his children through something so heartrending, cruel, and abusive, in order to bless them? Only an abuser would purposely make it difficult to meet his expectations and require people to submit and abase themselves before communicating with them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2016 02:57PM by imaworkinonit.

Posted by: cognitivedissonance ( )
Date: January 13, 2016 03:08PM

Trying to be a better Mormon was "Anguishing Desperation".

So happy to be out.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.