Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: southern idaho inactive ( )
Date: November 29, 2015 06:10PM

Is there a way to do it online for free?? My TBM dad needs my older brother's phone number in Japan. Can anyone help here?? Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: left4good ( )
Date: November 29, 2015 06:16PM

Sorry, ignore this. I should have read more carefully and seen you were looking for a Japan number.

Disregard.

whitepages.com can work.

Some of the listings require a subscription, but many will show a phone number with no registration or cost.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2015 06:28PM by left4good.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: November 29, 2015 06:22PM

You can't email?

ETA: you probably did, but you're getting no response, so now you're trying to call him. Hard to believe no one in your immediate family hasn't texted with him, and thus have the number...

How about a FB message?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2015 06:24PM by elderolddog.

Date: November 29, 2015 06:24PM

I told my TBM dad to use Facebook since I'm not on it.

Date: November 29, 2015 06:50PM

I also asked a sister who is on Facebook to contact him.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: November 29, 2015 06:31PM

These might help
http://world.192.com/north-america/united-states
http://www.numberway.com/

>You can contact the international operator by dialing 00 if you need to find an international number. Be aware that international directory assistance can be very expensive.

Hope these help.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: November 29, 2015 06:54PM

SII, make sure that your dad is clear about the cost per minute for his phone service provider. For instance with Verizon Wireless, the current cost to call Japan is $2.49 per minute.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/landingpages/international-long-distance-in-us/

From what I have gathered, his number will be something like this:

011-81-(80 or 90)-(four digit number)-(four digit number)

The 011 is the international calling code from the U.S.

81 is the country code for Japan.

His Japanese phone number will start with 80 or 90. If you were calling within Japan, it would be 080 or 090.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If it were me, I'd contact your brother via email or FB and perhaps request his phone number that way.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2015 06:59PM by summer.

Date: November 29, 2015 07:20PM

Use a landline phone to call overseas numbers. Or buy a pre-paid international call card.

Posted by: evergreen ( )
Date: November 29, 2015 07:30PM

calling Japan through Googlevoice on your computer is much cheaper ($.03 to $.09 per minute). You have to sign up, I think with Google hangouts, and get headphones with a mic. You can use this setup to call free anywhere in the U.S. also.

Date: November 29, 2015 07:45PM

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: November 29, 2015 07:47PM

I've used Google Voice since it was GrandCentral. It is absolutely the way to go. My adroid smartphone receives calls to my GV number and calls from that number. Doesn't matter who my provider is, or what number they assigned me. When you receive a call, either on the smartphone or computer, hitting '4' starts a recording of the conversation, and keeps recording until you hit '4' again. Then it delivers a transcript of the recording...

You can even set it so that if a particular number calls you, that caller will get the standard message announcing that the number they've called has been disconnected and there is no hew number...

It is so the bomb...

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: November 29, 2015 08:38PM

You might try contacting the State Department to see whether they can relay a message to your brother, to have him contact your father.

Or the US embassy for Japan, might be able to track him and get a message to him for you.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: November 29, 2015 08:41PM

Why can't you Skype? What is the problem? Does your older brother not have a computer or a device?

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: November 29, 2015 08:55PM

Is he on a mission? It sounds like he is and hence has little access to devices to contact people. If so, tell the CULT it is an emergency and they might provide the mishie leader's phone number and then go from there.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.