Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: dogeatdog ( )
Date: November 29, 2015 03:02PM

I think some people on the board could relate to this.... Anybody else healthier and happier as the 'estranged one'? http://postsecret.com/2015/11/29/classic-secrets-103/estranged/#main

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: laperla not logged in ( )
Date: November 29, 2015 03:16PM

It's the better path given what the rest of my family is like. Sometimes I feel lonely being estranged, but I felt lonely when I wasn't. This way I'm not abused to my face.

Posted by: ANNONN ( )
Date: November 29, 2015 05:15PM

I feel so alone being the estranged one. Mine and my husbands family don't understand and pity me. The irony is I pity them and their ignorance. Both sides believe they know the "truth". The entire thing is sad.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: November 29, 2015 05:15PM

Estrangers in the night
Exchanging glances...

Posted by: siflbiscuit ( )
Date: November 29, 2015 07:21PM

I'm happier now that my siblings and I all live away from each other, and my parents moved across the country.

Now, I don't not like my siblings. But they all have their thing that annoys me. Well, except for my younger brother. He kinda does his own thing while I do mine and we are good. My older brother is one of those people who thinks he's much deeper and more eccentric than he is. My sister is the oldest and TBM. My baby brother is a mooch who refuses to take responsibility for himself.

My parents are TBM, very hypocritically so. I'm the only one they nag about church. I finally took my stand and said we weren't doing church anymore and there has been nothing said since. They moved away and rarely speak to me but once a month or so.

All in all, we are in our own little world here and I like it that way.

Posted by: dogeatdog ( )
Date: November 29, 2015 08:19PM

I hear that... We live in the Midwest, and my TBM inlaws live 10 mn down the street. 2 of their other kids live in Utah. I wish they'd just move to the homeland already. I'd be much happier to only see them once a year.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.