Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ebizzlefoshizzle ( )
Date: November 29, 2015 10:51AM

So I showed up, on time, nicely dressed, for their disciplinary hearing. And the Bishop and his cronies grinned confidently, clearly pleased with themselves. For they had summoned me and here I was...and then I was like "oh I'm just here to give you this". Surprise motherfuckers! haha! Felt SOOO GOOOD!!! Highly recommend it.

http://imgur.com/0qLWvCA

Not sure about laws in other states, but I would LOVE to see this become a trend. The thought of random bishops/wards around the country getting NO TRESPASS notices amuses me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: drunksailor ( )
Date: November 29, 2015 11:09AM

That's awesome- would love to see more of it as well

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: November 29, 2015 11:32AM

That's brilliant! Did you resign as well? The Boner.

Date: November 29, 2015 11:35AM

Nope. Not resigning. That whole process is part of a system designed to intimidate and control. We reject that on principle. They've asked us to resign in writing. We're like "No, we're not obligated to sign anything. You should just leave us alone." Apparently that just fries their circuits. lol

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: November 29, 2015 11:37AM

Amazing! Show the bastards they have no power or authority over you. Best wishes, Boner.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: November 29, 2015 01:04PM

That's what the court cases in the '80s were about. That churches have no legal authority, & that you have every right to resign from them.

Posted by: left4good ( )
Date: November 29, 2015 11:39AM

Is the form signed by you, or is there some sort of process that you filed it with the county or city? (I can't tell from the signatures that you (understandably) blacked out.)

I think it's cool in any case, but WAY cool if the no-tresspassing notice was filed with some legal authority.

Posted by: scorpionking73 ( )
Date: November 29, 2015 11:43AM

Has anyone tried a resraining or no contact order against the church or anyone associated with them? That would really send a message.

Date: November 29, 2015 12:04PM

Those would require evidence of a threat or harrassment. The No Trespass order is better because anybody can do it for any reason without any court process or expenses. And it's legally binding. The law will back you up. All you have to do is notify them in some way that they are not allowed on your property. You can do it verbally, or in writing, by certified mail, email, phone, or you can have the sheriff's office deliver it. I delivered this in person, but also had the sheriff deliver a copy to be sure. I also sent a copy to SLC for good measure.

My purpose is to keep them from coming back but also to send them a message...that their authority is irrelevant, and my authority is real. That I object to their practices, policies, beliefs, and procedures and I will not allow them to continue to insert themselves into my life or my family against my wishes.

After doing this, and thinking about the issue some more, I feel like this is a great way to protest the church. I mean, they're all pumped up with their own self-importance and self-righteousness and self-granted authority. Reinforced by all those who bow and cater to them. Thinking that it's ok to intimidate and harass and label people apostates. I think this is the perfect response. Because my actions do no actual damage other than to their fragile illusions. I think it's kick ass and I'm glad I did it. It should be a thing.

It puts the burden on them to obey the order. If lots of people started doing this, the church would have to create a No Trespass database and check it before going out to knock on doors. Even resigning doesn't do that. This fucks with the whole missionary process at a fundamental level and interferes with their ability to spread this crappy virus Mormonism.

Posted by: Pyewacket ( )
Date: November 29, 2015 09:11PM

I threatened a restraining order back in 1998.
Stopped getting crap from them. :-)

Posted by: copolt ( )
Date: November 29, 2015 11:47AM

Great. Biter gets bit. Love it.

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: November 29, 2015 11:47AM

If you didn't resign, they probably excommunicated you just a few minutes after you handed them the notice and left. One sentence notifying them that you resign your membership could have prevented that. Now they get to feel satisfied that they have taken 'appropriate action' against you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2015 11:51AM by azsteve.

Posted by: okie ( )
Date: November 29, 2015 12:21PM

These *******s will get their spiritual rocks off no matter what we do to quit the cult.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: November 29, 2015 12:35PM

Even if they went on with the court of lovey-dovey, that No Trespassing order has to be taken into account. The word has to be sent out to the appropriate parties NOT to make contact! And it's not because of the excommunication!

They have to explain... "Look, we excommunicated Bro. Shizzle, but it seems he excommunicated us back, and anyone visiting him as a church representative could get into trouble..."

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: November 29, 2015 12:42PM

That's cool, but you'll definitely get your "You've been kicked out" letter shortly.

Posted by: ConcernedCitizen ( )
Date: November 29, 2015 12:55PM

...probably. Your "No Trespass" notice will surely piss them off to issue the excommunication decree. Showing "insolence, and an attitude of disrespect towards Church leadership; allowing for no other option". Or some variation thereof..........

Posted by: seekyr ( )
Date: November 29, 2015 01:06PM

So let it be written, so let it be done.

- Pharoah

Posted by: ConcernedCitizen ( )
Date: November 29, 2015 01:58PM

...Amen.................Ahmen, Rahmen, Ohman........whatever.

http://costumei.com/pictures/2013/05/Yul-Brynner-Wearing-An-Egyptian-Costume.jpg

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: November 29, 2015 01:58PM

Way to go, ebizzle. I hope your idea goes forth to the children of men in a groundswell.

Posted by: PeacePrincess ( )
Date: November 29, 2015 10:57PM

I'm sent here by the Chosen One.
So let it be written, so let it be done.
To kill the Pharaoh's firstborn son!

I'm CREEPING DEATH!!!

HELL YEAH! METALLICA RULES!

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: November 29, 2015 01:10PM

You were smart in looking into the distinction between a "No Trespass" order and a Restraining Order. As I've posted a few time, "RO's" (and "Stay-Away's") vary widely from state to state, and people need to learn what is available to them in terms of their relationship, and the precise protection they are entitled to. Just because somebody pisses you off doesn't mean you can get an R.O.

Don't forget to put up a "No Trespassing or Soliciting" sign on your front and back doors. That gives a cop immediate enforcement power.

I hasten to point out that all states have "District Courts of 'Love'" throughout their borders.

Date: November 29, 2015 02:46PM

So basically this was the Sheriff's idea. He said to print the No Trespassing form off his website and deliver it or mail it or he would take it to them, and if they come back to call him and he would come and charge them with a crime. We were like for real? He's like yup, that's how it works. It's a Class 1 Misdemeanor...

http://law.lis.virginia.gov/vacode/title18.2/chapter5/section18.2-119/

But according to the link, you can do this verbally as well. Still counts.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2015 02:47PM by ebizzlefoshizzle.

Posted by: Myron Donnerbalken ( )
Date: November 29, 2015 01:51PM

You do know that they excommunicate in absentia, don't you? You don't have to be present for them to do that, and they don't ever have to disturb you by trespassing on your property.

Date: November 29, 2015 02:38PM

Yeah but I don't care about that. They can do whatever they want, excommunicate, declare apostasy, disfellowhip, discipline, whatever. They can believe whatever they want and practice whatever they want...as long as it stays in their own little bubble.

But I am letting them know that I am the real authority over my life, and they are irrelevant, and their bullshit stops at my property line. I have drawn the line and now they have to recognize and respect it. More people should do this. It's easy. And empowering!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.