Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Loyalexmo ( )
Date: November 25, 2015 07:58AM

Feeling mostly relieved, somewhat numb, somewhat freaked out to receive mail from anything LDS, and--I'll be honest--a tiny bit wistful. That's the smallest part of my emotion, but I am a little sad about the loss of that fantasy, what "might have been." A little anger about all the lies. Very mixed emotions. Mostly relief, though!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: seekyr ( )
Date: November 25, 2015 08:37AM

I've been away from the LDS church for so long now (decades), that I only have long-past memories of it. So my membership has been sort of like a ball and chain that occasionally gives me a yank when missionaries or home teachers come by.

Formally resigning felt very liberating to me, because I'm now totally free, AND the church is totally free of their obligation to someone who doesn't believe in what they teach.

I have good memories from the approx 13 years I was an active member, all during my teen-YA years, but I don't believe in their religion, their policies, their politics, or the BoM, so there you have it.

Like a divorce, I suppose, going through it will certainly produce mixed emotions. But hey, you just got FULL CUSTODY of your LIFE.

So CONGRATULATIONS!

Posted by: petra ( )
Date: November 25, 2015 09:34AM

It does feel a bit like a divorce, at least to me. I know i made the right decision but life has changed and a constant factor, even when it was in the background already is now really gone

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: November 25, 2015 08:42AM

Such a mixture of emotions for you. I hope you're glad you did it.

I was walking in the clouds, thrilled, relieved, and feeling unbelievably free when I left for good.

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: November 25, 2015 09:05AM

Posted by: Human ( )
Date: November 25, 2015 09:31AM

It's a good step forward, and a clear message to the Q15. And a relief for you.

Cheers!

Human

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.