Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Ishii ( )
Date: November 25, 2015 07:42AM

Sometimes TBMs will ask me why I no longer believe or no longer attend church. I imagine they are expecting the textbook answer they are taught that I was offended. There are times when I do not go into much detail depending on the person. However, if it is a genuine question, I will often provide a few of the many reasons that I question and do not attend church.

With no statistics available it is difficult to say for certain, but it would seem that it is more likely that a TBM will be deconverted by such discussions rather than any conversions or reconversions taking place. TSCC may find that "every member a missionary" and the full-time missionary program are a net negative at some point in the future.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: fool ( )
Date: November 25, 2015 01:09PM

This is a hard question. I live in Utah and most of the people I associate with are Mormon, so I usually don't say that it is ridiculous in the first place and the real question is why anyone still believes.

I just say that I wanted to be able to evaluate ideas, experience, and evidence on their own merits without having to check those ideas against the words of a prophet.

Posted by: Ward Chorister ( )
Date: November 26, 2015 12:14AM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.