Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: November 24, 2015 09:00PM

Discuss.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: November 24, 2015 09:05PM

Bonus points if you can name all the profits who were known to be professed and entered masters of the craft.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: November 24, 2015 09:09PM

King Solomon, but you already knew that. The Masonic Boner.

Posted by: elderpopejoy ( )
Date: November 24, 2015 10:49PM

Shummy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bonus points if you can name all the profits who
> were known to be professed and entered masters of
> the craft.

So far dear Shum, are you disappointed that the only lame responses on this thread involve common, natural erections?

Eight of the original Apostles of JoeCo were on the square. The cult was quite obviously set afoot by agents of European Masonic lodges.

The LDS flock has been carefully staffed and watched by Brotherly Shepherds ever since.

Posted by: To hell in a handbasket ( )
Date: November 24, 2015 10:53PM

Carefully 'staffed' ;D

Date: November 24, 2015 11:02PM

"Common!"

Date: November 24, 2015 11:04PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2015 11:10PM by byuboner.

Date: November 24, 2015 09:16PM

Well Solomon was no prophet yet he never went to bed solo mon.

Date: November 24, 2015 09:21PM

You're fucking amazing, Shumms! But I think he profited from the land and harem.

Date: November 24, 2015 09:39PM

To put all seriousness aside my dear undereducated erection, is it not true that Horny Joe and his brother loosed a tiger in the circus tent of Moism leaving the bretheren holding an animal they can neither embrace nor dare let go of?

It totally undergirds every temple ever built on the whole earth.

Yet few there were when it was condemned who would give their own underwear a second thought.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2015 09:50PM by Shummy.

Date: November 24, 2015 09:54PM

Undereducated erection? Better that than an underendowed erection!

So, what's your take on the ambivalence, is it toward the ceremony itself, or the connection between Mormon laity and Masonry in general?

And while you're explaining yourself, Bro, it seems that one Gordo Hinkster caused you not to go on a mission, I don't know the story on that. Care to elaborate?

Date: November 24, 2015 10:12PM

Yeah well back then those who didn't lie about their sexcapades were final-interviewed by an apustule to assess their true worthiness to their cause.

He seemed cool until he heard that a couple of the lard's lambs were defiled during my year at byu.

He went all ballistic on me and threw me out the side door of his office.

Out of my humiliation arose my emancipation.

Date: November 24, 2015 10:20PM

You was one horn-dog! So, the Salamander refused to hear your confession and not pronounce absolution. Well, it seems to this old Bone that the Gorgon needed some alone time to regulate the factory based on the testimony provided.

Back to your OP...explain yourself, mon.

Date: November 24, 2015 10:33PM

Well it's pretty simple except that it's complicated mon.

Moism was in vitrio when the William Morgan kerfuffle arose in the same burned over zone.

Which in turn spawned anti-masonry, with which HJ's first book of scripture found no quarrel.

A decade later he's bedding Morgan's widow as another bride with rites of purloined masonic rituals.

You figure it out mon.

Date: November 24, 2015 10:55PM

Ah yes, the Scorched Over area, condemnation of secret combinations in Mormon's Book, US Presidential politics, adultery, and the Restorationists. 'Tis a fine web we weave when we first we try to deceive.

These are Mother the Gooser to the Chandler Mums, bakers' hats, slitteth throats, and no to fucking goats. Morgs don't know much about history and when they find out they post here to the delight of apostate Reprobates, Boners, and AZ desert rats. Ye shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free.

Would be that during my time at the Y, I would have had coed lasses's asses. 't would have expedited my departure. As 't were, the Bone had to wait to Bro. Hofmann's deceptions to see the truth. His erection is now on the shelf due to an apostate prostate.

Thus hath I figured out your wrath, whilst I emptied my cath. Shummy and Boner be united in baseness, humor, and wisdom both. Goodnight sweet prince and flights of lasses carry thee to thy worlds without number.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2015 10:58PM by byuboner.

Date: November 24, 2015 11:00PM

Extra bonus points.

How many POTUSes wore goofy aprons?

Date: November 24, 2015 11:05PM

GW's is proudly displayed in Alexandria, VA.

Posted by: elderpopejoy ( )
Date: November 24, 2015 11:22PM

Shummy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Extra bonus points.
>
> How many POTUSes wore goofy aprons?

At least a half a dozen.

A recent pair came outta Lodge 322 at Yale U. We enjoyed them as POTUSes Bushes.

I'll claim only seven proven extra bonus points.

Date: November 24, 2015 11:09PM

I have two grandfathers who were Mormon masons.

Date: November 24, 2015 11:13PM

They built damn fine brick houses that keepeth out the mouses. Got it, STF up Boner.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2015 11:13PM by byuboner.

Date: November 24, 2015 11:32PM

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: November 25, 2015 03:03AM

My maternal grandfather was a Mason living in Utah, for several decades until he passed away.

I wondered about his abject hatred for Mormons for most of his life. From reading your thread, Shummy, I just learned from checking Dr. Google, that indeed Utah Masons were synonomous with anti-Mormons up until 1984, when Utah Masons changed their decree by allowing Mormons to become members in that state. So that helps to explain my grandpa's intolerance toward the religion.. My grandfather had died in the early 1970's.

"Of course, what many Latter-day Saints simply fail to realise is that Masonry was considered a by-form of Mormon male expression in the Nauvoo period. So, if it was good enough for Joseph Smith, Brigham Young, John Taylor, Wilford Woodruff, and Lorenzo Snow why is my friend embarrassed about heralding his own membership? Of course, things change, and the aformentioned brothers were also polygamous, but it is interesting to note that Mormonism’s drift from Masonry in Utah was not so much because Mormons came to distrust Masonry (the bitterness that certain Illinois Masons left them was probably not directed at Masonry itself), but because Utah Masons were synonymous with anti-Mormons. The infamous expose of the Mormon Temple Ritual, "Lifting the Vail. (sic) The Endowment House Mysteries Fully Explained," was the work of Robert Newton Baskin, who was a member of Mt. Moriah Lodge No. 2. Remarkably for an organisation that promotes tolerance, Utah Masonry only removed its ban on Mormons becoming Masons in Utah on January 31, 1984."

http://bycommonconsent.com/2005/02/22/my-life-as-a-mormon-freemason/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2015 03:05AM by amyjo.

Posted by: Alf Garnett ( )
Date: November 25, 2015 04:37AM

I haven't checked out whether Utah lodges prohibited Mormons until 1984, but I find that hard to believe. More like the other way around, I would think!But then, I grew up in the UK with a father who loved Freemasonry with a passion. It was his main interest in life.Perhaps masonry in the UK was historically more tolerant, than in that home of intolerance, Utah.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: November 25, 2015 07:58AM

I can vouch for my Utah un-Mormon granddad, who was as virulent an anti-Mormon as they come.

I did not know before reading Shummy's thread, this is the logical explanation for it. He'd been a member of Masons in Utah for many many years up until he died.

Masonry in Utah was not synonomous with being Mormon when my grandpappy was one.

Many Utah Mormons from my youth and childhood were not even aware of the association between Joe Smith and the early Mormon masonry in the formation of the church.

It all makes sense how much granddad hated Mormons as it went with the territory of where he'd been a Mason and during his lifespan. Read the article I linked above, it explains it in more detail.

The following article cites a 60 year ban in Utah from Mormons being allowed to join Masons.

Since it was lifted, Utah finally elected its first Mormon Masonic president in a century, finally back in 2008.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/695265549/A-Mormon-Mason-New-grand-master-is-the-first-in-a-century-who-is-LDS.html?pg=all

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2015 08:05AM by amyjo.

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: November 25, 2015 08:03AM

Just a note on the Solomon/Templar connection. Only Mormons claim that the endowment was practiced in Solomon's temple. The Templars did not originate with Solomon. They never claimed that they had secret practices, and they would have swiftly denounced any of their members who practiced anything but the approved Catholic religious rites. They originated at the site of Solomon's temple. That's where they got their name.

Strong arguments can be made that they invented what later morphed into the Freemasonry we have today. When they invented such things it was purely a matter of physical survival against the medieval authorities after they had been branded outlaws by the Pope. When they invented such things they never believed their secrets were anything more than personal protection against having their throats slit by the Pope's enforcers.

Date: November 25, 2015 11:40AM

I've tried to make that point to TBMs who claim the similarities are because Solomon's Temple had the Aaronic Priesthood so there would be similarities. Hell, I even believed that myself as a TBM.

Freemasonry develops with the Cult of the Virgin and Medieval cathedral building. A Freemason initially did the "free" statuary.

Knowing Shumm's mind for such things, I posted my wise ass comment first with the "but you already knew that." I did enjoy looking up William Morgan. His classic expose of Masonry is linked on his Wikipedia to Project Gutenberg.

Thanks to all of you for this thread. Boner.

Date: November 25, 2015 08:58AM

Freemasonry first came to Utah during the winter of 1858 when twenty-three officers and men of General Albert Johnston's Army, sent to quell the reported "Mormon Rebellion," sought fraternal fellowship at their inhospitable outpost of Camp Floyd near Fairfield, Utah.

Twenty-three Master masons petitioned the Grand Lodge of Missouri for a Dispensation which was issued on March 6th, 1859. The following year, on June 1st 1860, the Grand Lodge of Missouri issued a charter to Rocky Mountain Lodge No. 205. The Masonic Hall in which they met was a simple building: 30 X 60 feet, with 8ft high adobe soil brick walls, a wood plank roof, and a packed dirt floor.

Unfortunately, due to the onset of the Civil War and the disbandment of Camp Floyd, the lodge had to surrender its’ charter in July 1861.

http://missionlodge169.com/articles/masonic-history/freemasonry-in-utah/

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.