Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: November 24, 2015 04:39PM

On Shabbat Saturday I must've dropped my gloves somewhere between synagogue and my car. I was helping an old lady to her car after leaving the oneg following worship services, and didn't even know they went missing until 24 hours later.

Of course the synagogue is closed for most business on Sunday and Monday, so I had to wait til this morning to call to find out if they were there.

Well, they were found in the receptacle where yarmulkes are kept.

I was so glad, because they were practically new! I didn't want to have to replace them already.

So, what once was lost has now been found, to quote a favorite passage from an old gospel hymn. Only for me it has more practical meaning.

:)

Happy Thanksgiving to you who observe the T-Day here in the USA. Japan had their Thanksgiving on Monday.

Hope yours is a good one, with all the trimmings!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: November 24, 2015 07:52PM

So do you yids have testimony gloves to go with yer lids?

:o)

Sister Oaks might be a closet Jewess, ya think?

Date: November 25, 2015 02:32AM

LOL.

These are my knit winter gloves. They were with me at the kiddush following service, I'm just glad they were recovered.

Sister Oaks likes the fashion gloves, huh? I could see that, coming from them City Creek Mall shoppers. :D We do have several women who love to wear designer hats. (I'm not one of them.) Jewish women tend to being either very stylish or they just don't give a darn. They come in all varieties. We have the super feminine, feminists, intellectuals, academics, and mothers. We have a certain license to be whatever we desire, no restrictions. Try that on for size at a house of Mormonism, and it's usually a "no go." :D

Personally, I like gloves for the warmth they provide on chilly winter days and mornings. In the extreme climate of the Northeast they are a necessity. :)

Nice thing about worship services where I attend now is that they are rarely boring. People are engaged during services, and some are interactive between rabbi and the congregation. It seemed funny at first to me, getting used to that. It's just part of the ebb and flow there. :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2015 02:37AM by amyjo.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: November 24, 2015 07:57PM

Sounds like you should check them for head lice. :-/

Date: November 25, 2015 02:35AM

No, not where I go.

There has never been a problem with that for as long as I've been there, to my knowledge.

The people of the synagogue would be all over that if there were.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: November 25, 2015 04:05AM

It was a joke! Your gloves were found where they keep the yarmulkas... LOL :D and other assorted merriment loosen your stays!

Posted by: seekyr ( )
Date: November 24, 2015 10:18PM

Did they mention a fuzzy black hat by any chance?
I lost my favorite of favorite hats last year and I've looked everywhere else.

Date: November 25, 2015 02:36AM

I'll be sure to check for you next time I'm there. ;-)

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: November 25, 2015 05:42AM

the god of car keys and gloves

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: November 25, 2015 05:49AM

I love the roasting turkey aroma. Stuffing is my favorite part of the meal.

This will be my first Thanksgiving without my exmo sister who died this month. Her widower husband and kids are going ahead with the day in her memory. DH and I will be there. I'm bringing appetizers for lunch and we'll have turkey and trimmings later. Hope we can keep our spirits up.

Date: November 25, 2015 08:11AM

Hugs from here to you Cheryl, and your loved ones.

Thanksgiving without your nearest and dearest does get bleaker in their absence.

Consider a Jewish custom to honor the dead which is to set a place setting in honor of those who are no longer with you.

It doesn't even need to be a festive occasion to do that. Any occasion will do. Mealtime is all that's required.

XOXOXOXO.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2015 08:11AM by amyjo.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: November 25, 2015 08:43AM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.