Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: petra ( )
Date: November 24, 2015 12:09PM

I checked, or at least tried to check my LDS account. I can no longer look at my details, the words 'Acces Denied' coming up. For a person who always feels guilty when having to take life altering decisions like this it was quite scary to end my membership. And i must be honest, for a moment I freaked. But that is more because i do not want to have others think less of me and that will surely happen now others know i am no longer a member of church. This, not being able to use my LDS account, was the last step. It is done now, i am a heathen ;)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: November 24, 2015 12:24PM

We are actually quite nice and I'd say we've got guts and smarts.

I'm afraid there might be TBMs who think less of you. What they think isn't very accurate because the Mormon church controls them with lies and mental manipulation.

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: November 24, 2015 12:32PM

Do you think better of yourself now?

Do you value yourself as a person?

Are your dreams and personal aspirations of a high importance in your life?

Self-worth is everything. The church tried to make you worth nothing without it. You would not have sent in your checks otherwise.

Now you have your money and self back. You are now fully yours to control.

You know what mormons think and why and you've decided, with good reason, that you want no part of it.

What others think does not matter one whit.

Shoulders back chin high!

Just like in the movie Avatar, you can look at them and think to yourself "I see you!" intimately and clearly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2015 12:33PM by AmIDarkNow?.

Posted by: Void K. Packer ( )
Date: November 24, 2015 12:37PM

Very good news, Petra! Do not be concerned with wbat others think of you. Your choice to resign shows that you have personal strength and integrity in abundance, and THAT is what counts in living a conscious life. I am happy for you.

Posted by: Human ( )
Date: November 24, 2015 12:59PM

Welcome to heathenism, Petra.

Try to use your new freedoms to worry less about what others think about you and worry more about how you'd like to think of yourself. There's new room for a new you. Enjoy that.

Cheers,

Human

Posted by: Void K. Packer ( )
Date: November 24, 2015 01:10PM

I want to also add that I am especially interested in continental Europeans resigning. I suppose that's because I went to Germany on my mission. It irks me to no end that a rapacious American cult has a foothold at all there. I read posts by newnameabigail and think you guys don't deserve that kind of American style religiosity abuse. It shames me that I tried to propagate it, but that's another matter. And so I take special satisfaction at your announcement. Congratulations.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: November 24, 2015 01:15PM

Congratulations Petra.

Petra was the name I went by in my German undergrad college classes many moons ago, and Renata.

You made a wise choice (both with your name, and becoming an ex-Mo.)

Congrats, and best wishes on your new life out, post-Mormon.

Posted by: petra ( )
Date: November 25, 2015 09:30AM

I did not choose my name amyjo, my parents did that. It is my real name. And thank you all for your lovely messages. For those celebrating Thanksgiving i do hope you have a lovely day with your loved ones, for the others around the world, have a lovely day

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: November 25, 2015 09:41AM

So many choose usernames here thanks for correcting me on that, it is still a lovely choice for a name.

You did have a choice in your LDS membership, on the other hand.

Congrats again for your new found freedom from all that oppression!

:)

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: November 25, 2015 11:37AM

Congratulations Petra !!!!! It took courage to resign when

you were scared to do it.

I don't know if you've been here before but welcome to RFM.

Posted by: KiNeverMo ( )
Date: November 25, 2015 06:28PM

Congratulations, Petra. Don't worry what the church members think, would you really want their approval? :)

Posted by: seekyr ( )
Date: November 25, 2015 10:19PM

Congratulations!
Just do a Happy Heathen dance!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.