Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: September 10, 2015 11:53PM

Here's the link:

http://kutv.com/news/local/lds-church-flags-members-book-about-latter-day-calamities-as-potential-misleading

Not that I'm looking for calamity, but I think it would be funny if she, and that other guy that was disavowed, were right and the so-called leadership of the LDS church was wrong.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Carol ( )
Date: September 11, 2015 12:10AM

Posted by: Ex-Sis ( )
Date: September 11, 2015 12:15AM

Brethren: Be paranoid enough to pay your tithing, but not TOO paranoid as to draw attention...

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: September 11, 2015 01:28AM

Ex-Sis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Brethren: Be paranoid enough to pay your tithing,
> but not TOO paranoid .......

......to have you wife do a whole bunch of shopping at CCC mall !!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cf-_vxsog4A

Remember: IF you do not pay your tithing then MORmON Jesus is going to incinerate you, and that will probably included your stuff that you bought with money that should have been used to pay tithing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xaYMdHNILw

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: September 11, 2015 12:28AM

Good point Carol - I didn't think of that. I figured they were thinking "No - you are our zombies. You ARE the droids we are looking for."

Posted by: cpete ( )
Date: September 11, 2015 12:30AM

Yes every church. There is no truth in make believe. Unless truth means: make belief. Nice work theist, liars.

Posted by: GC ( )
Date: September 11, 2015 12:47AM

Well, she appears to prophecy, seer and reveal -- much more than the big 15 do -- so she's making them look bad. They ignore so much; they must be really concerned to actually issue a statement.

And a statement on your organization's letterhead is official! Unofficial might be something muttered to someone casually at a coffee shop.

Posted by: dk ( )
Date: September 11, 2015 01:46AM

Heavens forbid she's better at predicting the future than J.S. Did she use peep stones in a hat? Joseph Smith having visions makes him a prophet, anyone else is a fraud or mentally ill.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: September 11, 2015 02:22AM

They might give her money instead of them! And of course it wouldn't happen in a COFFEE shop! That would have the appearance of EVIL!

Posted by: Myron Donnerbalken ( )
Date: September 11, 2015 10:27AM

Possibly more evidence that they lurk here and are on watch for what kind of things set people off.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: September 11, 2015 10:34AM

You know what I think?

I think fifty-six years should wind up the scene.

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: September 11, 2015 10:59AM

Amazing how they *always* hedge their bets.

"...potentially misleading..."

So just in case this nutty crap actually happens, they can plausibly deny they came out against it by saying 'potentially.'

Yeah, direct line to "god" my eye.

Posted by: fudley ( )
Date: September 11, 2015 11:12AM

and...
"The internal memo does not constitute an official Church statement but serves as a routine reminder"

They might as well use the Deseret Alphabet. Post-essay mormonspeak is easier to digest when written with alternative characters that nobody understands.

Posted by: spiritist ( )
Date: September 11, 2015 11:54AM

Julie did a podcast on Mormon Stories.

I always thought Mormon Stories attracted mostly Mormons. However, the majority of comments are basically calling her a Fraud ------ just like LDS inc.

One comment was great. It explained the Fake profits, seers and revelators have a real problem saying she is right or wrong because they are FAKES also. And whatever they say is going to point it out more clearly to even Morbots!

It's crazies like this, that draw large Morbot crowds, that will eventually speed up the 'apostasy' in the church.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: September 11, 2015 02:02PM

If you buy enough lottery tickets, you will win something.

If you make enough predictions, some will be right, for essentially the same reason.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: September 11, 2015 02:53PM

So Noette has spoken, and the sheeple have listened? LOL, I musta missed her dire warnings, and dismiss them too as outlandish.

So, there may be a stock market crash - but it isn't enough to cause the world to end.

The doom and gloom people know how to milk this for all its worth. A near death experience by itself barely sells books these days. But intertwine it with her "revelations" from the spirit realm about the endtimes, happening this month, then why all the interest.

People are captivated by this. It reinforces their views of a glass half-empty.

When her predictions fail, then people will realize she's a fraud. Meanwhile, she's laughing all the way to the bank. She learned well how to cash in on a racket.

Joseph is her master, and money's who she serves.

Posted by: Cowboy Jack ( )
Date: September 11, 2015 03:41PM

Since she is still an active LDS it might be interesting to find out if the church still demands her tithing on the books she sells after branding her incommunicado?

Posted by: F**KJR ( )
Date: December 08, 2016 01:34AM

She has caused so much contention with in my home. My parents are getting a divorce over all the shit she talks about. If all we do is live in the fear of what "might" happen.. that is the lowest form of vibration our body can take, therefore causes our light to be dimmed or removed all together. So as far as being a fraud I couldn't agree more with this statement. J.S saw not only the bad but the good in what this life is all about. He gave us tools to stay closer to the light, regardless of the world around us. Julie want us to be caught up in the world. To take our money (and pocket it, I mean really do you see her building any "safe houses" for when the world falls to pieces?) NO!!!!!!!!! She will be ex communicated from the LDS church.. and just like she has prophesized many will die along with her,(In a spiritual sense). She is pure evil!

Posted by: straightup ( )
Date: December 08, 2016 02:07AM

F**KJR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

Got news for you.

ANYBODY (JRowe, JSmith, the Q) who takes money to share "their revelation" is a con artist. If god gave you a "message" and told you to share it, would your response to him be, "Only with those who pay me." ??

The biggest moral difference between Rowe and Smith is, of what we know, Rowe has not been screwing 14 year olds.

WHO ARE YOU to tell god with whom to share a revelation? Where is it written? Who are the Q to make up rules for "god?"

Like I said, con artists, one and all.

I'm sorry about your parents, but if they are fighting about Rowe to the point of divorce, then their problem really is not about Rowe. It may take you a long time to figure that statement out, but the sooner, the better for you.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: December 08, 2016 01:39AM

They are definitely not banning the book. They're just telling the sheep how to think. I'm guessing they smell tithing money.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.