Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: September 05, 2015 04:44PM

As many of you know this Jewish calendar 'event' has been gleefully glommed onto by doomsday junkies, rapture-holics and a plethora of obsessive-compulsive preppers of various stripes.

>>"At the end of seven years you will make a release. And this is the manner of the release: to release the hand of every creditor from what he lent his friend; he shall not exact from his friend or his brother, because the time of the release for the L‑rd has arrived." (Deuteronomy 15:1–2)

The Shemittah year allegedly waives all outstanding debts between Jewish debtors and creditors.

This aspect of Shemittah observance is known as shemittat kesafim, “release of money [debts].”

How one makes the leap from an ancient calendar observance to the end of life as we know it on earth occurring on or around September 13th is far and away beyond the ken of this mere goy's feeble brain.

What do you all think may be lurking amongst the tea leaves of prophecy?

I personally plan to be perusing the real estate listings and looking for bargains for the majority of us who make up the corps of non-elect left-behinds.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2015 04:56PM by Shummy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: September 05, 2015 05:04PM

Shummy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What do you all think may be lurking amongst the
> tea leaves of prophecy?

Why, nothing of course :)

Although the guy who sold me my current Honda was Jewish. Hmm...maybe I should ask for the loan to be canceled? ;-)

Date: September 05, 2015 05:14PM

Well I can tell ya that those who art poor in credit eagerly look forward to the end of the 7 year amnesty period when fresh credit card offers suddenly re-appear in their mailboxes.

Or so I've been told. :)

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: September 05, 2015 06:09PM

brb ~ forgiving debts

brb ~ freeing slaves

brb ~ returning land

IN B4 dat great / terrible day of the Lord

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: September 05, 2015 06:44PM

There is historical significance to the Blood Moons, the Lunar Eclipses, Solar Eclipses converging and the Jewish calendar.

Although I haven't heard any Jewish people lamenting about it at synagogue.

Although for Christians and Messianic Jews, the end is near.

I have a feeling when the human race is near extinction, there will still be Jews on the earth. They have a way of coming back and surviving against all odds.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_Moon_Prophecy

"Four total lunar eclipses in a row are called a lunar tetrad. Here are six facts about this somewhat unusual event, and also about blood moons:

1. Actually, it’s hard to say whether lunar tetrads can be termed “unusual” or not. It depends on what century you live in. According to NASA eclipse expert Fred Espenak, “During the 21st century, there are 8 sets of tetrads, so I would describe tetrads as a frequent occurrence in the current pattern of lunar eclipses. But this has not always been the case. During the three hundred year interval from 1600 to 1900, for instance, there were no tetrads at all."

2. The final two eclipses in 2015 will occur on April 4 and Sept. 28. The next lunar tetrad will happen in 2032-33, followed by another in 2043-44, according to NASA.

3. The moon looks red during a lunar eclipse because sunlight scattered while passing through the Earth’s atmosphere removes all colors but red — the same reason the sunset is red, Space.com said.

4. A lunar eclipse can be seen by about half the Earth at a time, Space.com said. The unusual thing about the 2014-15 lunar tetrad was that all four can be seen from North America, Espenak said. The next lunar tetrad in 2032-33 will not be visible from North America, according to a database NASA maintains of upcoming eclipses."

http://www.newsmax.com/FastFeatures/blood-moon-lunar-tetrad-facts/2015/04/03/id/603424/

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: September 05, 2015 10:16PM

amyjo Wrote:
> There is historical significance to the Blood
> Moons, the Lunar Eclipses, Solar Eclipses
> converging and the Jewish calendar.

Given that the Jewish calendar is a lunar calendar, so it was made *from* the lunar cycles that give rise to "tetrads" and eclipses, that's not at all surprising.

Solar eclipses can only occur at "new moon." Never near a "full moon,"

Date: September 05, 2015 11:23PM

This year as part of the Tetrad four lunar moons falling in a two year period, there are two solar eclipses occurring within a month of a lunar eclipse. The last one was between March and April.

This month is a partial solar eclipse on September 13, followed by a full lunar eclipse on September 28. It was a full solar and lunar eclipse between March and April.

These are rare occurrences, happening usually only several times in a century, if that (speaking about the tetrads.) There was a 300 year space in between the last tetrads until this past century.

In the Jewish calendar the lunar eclipses have to do with Jewish events in history. Solar eclipses have to do with upheaval in the Gentile realm. When the lunar and the solar merge as during a tetrad, and this time around is very rare when they do this (last one was app 2,000 years ago,) a major cataclysmic event is prophecied. Which lends fuel to the superstition that something paranormal or earth shattering is about to take place according the religious and mystic communities who follow the lunar calendar for its symbolism.

http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/eclipse.html

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2015 11:28PM by amyjo.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: September 05, 2015 07:15PM

Do not forget how the (Ominous Music cue: dunt! dunt! dunnnnhhhhhh!!!!!!!) BAAAAAA LAAAA-UUUUDDDD! MOON! plays into all of this!!!!!!

In the 60' and 70's, LDS Inc MORmON leaders had the MORmON members all worked up over the notion that Jesus was going to show up at any moment. One of the upcoming indications of Jesus's return and just how horrible things were really going to be before that wonderful return would be the Moon turning to (Ominous Music Cue: dunt! dunt! DunnnnnHHHHHH!!!) BLOOD!!!!!

As a sign of THE (MORmON Latter day) times, it had never happened before, and nobody really knew HOW it could but one thing was certain: it WOULD happen because it HAD to happen because it was MORmON prophecy !!!!! AND it was certainly worth worry about!!!!

Thank God that the Moon did not just turn to blood when American Astronaut Neil Armstrong set foot on it in 1969 !!!!!

As things turned out, Lazy Ass Jesus' second coming was still at least 40 years away ( and still counting !!!!! ) , even though MORmONS were peeing their pants worrying about it due to MORmON leaders blabbering off MORmON prophecies about stuff like the BLOOD MOON!!!

It also turns out that IF any of the brain dead MORmONS had been as willing to do some real research over the matter as they were to just listen to their stupid MORmON leaders and then pee their pants over it while suffering in the utter MORmON ignorance that was conveyed to them, they might have found out that the "Blood Moon" is a very well understood astronomical phenomena and that it has occurred on a regular basis in the past, and that astronomers knew precisely when it would happen again in the future.

I lived to see the Blood Moon manifest itself, AGAIN, just as it had numerous times through out history. and it was really a much more disappointing dirty pale grayish salmon pink than anything that might be really considered red, let alone blood red, and Jesus still has not returned.

So much for DUMB ASS MORmON prophecy.

Now days, far more disconcerting to me than the threat of Blood Moons, which are not red, and attendant horrible events, is the fact that I come from stock that was so BRAIN DEAD FUCKING STUPID enough to be able to buy into that MORmON Garbage.

Date: September 05, 2015 10:06PM

Well some of the more hard-core Cristchun believers now allege that the rantings of an errant Pharisee who changed his Jewish name to Paul have something to do with the impending Hebrew Jubilee:

1 Corinthians 15:
Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 05, 2015 10:36PM

Shummy Wrote:

> Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all
> sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52In a moment,
> in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for
> the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be
> raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

Hey!!! They copied that from Handel's Messiah !!

Date: September 05, 2015 10:32PM

If amy's apologetics can't persuade you, perhaps you should have a look at this unscheduled blood red moon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFuwp2cCUy4#t=30

Date: September 05, 2015 11:08PM

Aha!

So that could prove that good old King James pilfered his prose from a popular musician of the day.

Who knew?

Date: September 06, 2015 07:08PM

I'd rather be a Homer than a Ned......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKIQ3cqOm1s#t=27

Date: September 06, 2015 07:44PM

"Dramatic Historical Events in Israel Connected to Blood Moons

Making the case that the end of the current Shemitah cycle in September 2015 is likely to have adverse effects on the world economy, especially in the US, leads to an important question: How does this connect to the blood moons?

The final blood moon of the current lunar tetrad (when four blood moons in a row occur six months apart) is set for September 28, 2015, very soon after the end of the Shemitah year on September 13. This date corresponds with the Jewish holiday of Sukkot, also known as the Feast of Tabernacles. Unlike the previous three, the fourth blood moon is expected to be visible in Jerusalem.

Recent lunar tetrads have coincided with events of tremendous historical significance for Israel. Four blood moons followed the reestablishment of the State of Israel in 1948. In 1967, there was one blood moon before the Six Day War when the divided city of Jerusalem was reunited and three following.

Said another way, during the blood moon tetrad of 1948, the Land of Israel was restored to the Jewish people. During the blood moon tetrad of 1967, the reunited city of Jerusalem was restored to the Jewish people. During the blood moon tetrad of 2015, will Israel will regain dominion over the Temple Mount and be able to restore God’s presence there after 2,000 years?"

Read more at http://www.breakingisraelnews.com/43921/when-shemitah-blood-moons-messiah-meet-jewish-world/#co1sam8BtbXGlCRD.99

I will add to this one of my (third) cousins I learned doing genealogy several years ago, was displaced from Germany during the Holocaust. He managed to escape the Nazi invasion and headed for what was then Palestine.

His mother was gassed at Treblinka. As was her two sisters gassed at Theresienstadt. They were mothers and grandmothers in their 60's by then. They were/are my cousins also.

The son (and his two sisters were able to escape also,) but he became the AP director for Israel from 1942 through 1968. He covered the three major Israeli wars during those years (1948 Arab war, 1959, and the Six-Day war in 1967.

He never had any children, nor did one of his sisters, because of the Holocaust - they didn't want to bring anymore children into the world.

His other sister had three kids. Her only son lives in Israel today and is now retired. His uncle, the AP reporter and director for Israel during its early years, left all his memorabilia to my cousin, Peter. If I ever get to go visit him, I look forward to seeing his collection. My daughter was able to meet him and his family in 2012. That was pretty special.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: September 07, 2015 12:21AM

If the impending financial disaster is only as devastating as the Blood Moon is really Blood Red, then we do not have anything to be concerned about.

Date: September 07, 2015 11:09AM

Well I don't know folks but as one who can't resist looking at the latest woo I am puzzled by all this September hoopla. The mania is actually more shrill than that which arose around the Y2K and Dec 21 2012 mayan calendar non-events.

Adding fuel to the speculation is the global financial crisis that Amy mentioned. And now there is breaking news this morning of yet another giant explosion at a Chinese factory, bringing the total to three, just this summer. Conspiracy junkies are pointing to this as another act of retaliation in the emerging global financial struggle.

Lions and tigers and bears!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2015 11:34AM by Shummy.

Date: September 07, 2015 06:25PM

Hello!

Could we please keep the politics out of this?

I pretty sure we're allowed to speak of bloody moons and tinfoil hat tectonics but take the political commentary to another forum, ok?

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: September 07, 2015 08:28PM

So Shummy, amyjo can post about her opinions of the mass "exodus" of Syrian refugees, and propaganda about the apocalyptic dangers of Russia and Putin, and no one is allowed to respond, because it would be too "political"?

How...odd

Date: September 07, 2015 07:55PM

Don't forget the Chinese sinkholes that have been happening recently. The ground is opening up and swallowing whole buildings.

https://www.rt.com/news/312341-sinkhole-china-building-collapse/

And a pedestrian walkway last week gave way. The poor people weren't injured, but they were badly shaken. Standing on solid ground one second, then voila the next they've fallen into a black hole.

https://youtu.be/JMBLTdVU4ow

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2015 08:00PM by amyjo.

Date: September 07, 2015 08:45PM

Well if I made the rules I guarantee you wouldn't like my response.

Politics if left to fester will inevitably bring out the savage beast in even the best of us.

A sad fact learned by the admins quite early on, trust me.

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: September 07, 2015 09:21PM

I would like your rules fine, if they were applied evenly and fairly to all. If you practiced exceptionalism, then you would likely hear from me.

Date: September 07, 2015 09:39PM

There are crises and plagues aplenty in the ME these days.

One thing that few 'Mericans grieving about giving up their green grass know or care about is the horrendous drought in the Jordan river valley. The Dead Sea is all but dead while surrounding nations fight over every drop.

Meanwhile, the only drinkable water in Gaza comes in small plastic bottles.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2015 09:40PM by Shummy.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.