Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Once More ( )
Date: September 01, 2015 05:28PM

Utah government officials, mormon apostles, and lots of others are supporting the World Congress of Families conference that is being held in Salt Lake City.

When it comes to anti-gay organizations, there's no separation of church and state in Utah -- they all sing the praises of the anti-gay hate group.

The excerpted text below is from LGBT Weekly:

[…] The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Utah Gov. Gary Herbert and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir have declared their support of and possible participation in the upcoming World Congress of Families (WCF) conference […]

“There’s a global network of anti-LGBT extremists who work tirelessly to put the lives of LGBT people around the world at risk, and the World Congress of Families is its nerve center” said HRC Global Director Ty Cobb. “By associating with WCF, Governor Herbert and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints are sending a dangerous and deeply harmful message to LGBT people and their families, and are endorsing the exportation of anti-LGBT hatred abroad. We condemn their decision to be affiliated with WCF, and strongly urge them and all Utahns to reject this despicable gathering and its message of intolerance and discrimination.” […]
WCF’s tactics have put the lives of LGBT people around the world at risk. […]

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: September 01, 2015 05:31PM

Here's some more information regarding the mormon support for the World Congress of Families.

The excerpted text below is from the Salt Lake Tribune:

Mormon apostle M. Russell Ballard will be the keynote speaker at next month’s meeting of the World Congress of Families, an international organization billing itself as “the largest gathering of pro-family advocates in the world,” […]

The World Congress of Families IX, which will be staged in Salt Lake City from Oct. 27 to 30, promotes what it calls “the natural family, — meaning a man and a woman rearing children […]

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints “has long been a strong ally to the World Congress of Families,” Janice Shaw Crouse, […] executive director of the World Congress of Families IX, said […], “and it is an honor to have one of its senior apostles speak at our conference […]”

The Southern Poverty Law Center, however, has declared the World Congress to be a “hate group” for fostering homophobia under the guise of protecting families. […]

http://www.sltrib.com/lifestyle/faith/2900144-155/mormon-apostle-ballard-to-keynote-next

Date: September 01, 2015 05:35PM

The World Congress of Families coordinates and exports anti-LBGT bigotry. The excerpted text below is from the Human Rights Campaign:

[…] “The World Congress of Families coordinates a dangerous group of activists spreading anti-LGBT rhetoric and promoting laws and policies that criminalize LGBT people and the speech of those who support them,” said Ty Cobb, HRC [Human Rights Campaign]
Foundation’s Director of Global Engagement.

“They praise Vladimir Putin as the standard-bearer for traditional ‘family values’ and honored a Nigerian activist who claims LGBT advocates conspire with the terrorist group Boko Haram with a “Woman of the Year” award.

Their advocacy abroad harms LGBT people from Russia to Nigeria and beyond.” […]

Uganda, Russia, and Nigeria have enacted horrific anti-LGBT laws within the past year […] WCF and its affiliates are connected to anti-LGBT advocacy in each of the three countries, among many others.

WCF affiliate Scott Lively traveled repeatedly to Uganda claiming that LGBT people are responsible for the Holocaust, the Rwandan genocide and the spread of HIV/AIDS. […]

http://www.hrc.org/blog/entry/exposed-the-world-congress-of-families
---------------

I wonder how much money mormon leaders funnel to the WCF.

Date: September 01, 2015 06:57PM

"When one considers marriage, it should be an unselfish thing, but there is not much selflessness when two people of different races plan marriage. They must be thinking selfishly of themselves. They certainly are not considering the problems that will beset each other and that will beset their children.

“If your son thinks he loves this girl, he would not want to inflict upon her loneliness and unhappiness; and if he thinks that his affection for her will solve all her problems, he should do some more mature thinking.

“We are unanimous, all of the Brethren, in feeling and recommending that Indians marry Indians, and Mexicans marry Mexicans; the Chinese marry Chinese and the Japanese marry Japanese; that the Caucasians marry the Caucasians, and the Arabs marry Arabs.” (Spencer W. Kimball, “The Teachings of Spencer W. Kimball,” p. 303)
-----------

Against interracial marriage then, against same-sex marriage now. Always wrong, always 50 years behind the rest of the USA.

Posted by: lurking in ( )
Date: September 01, 2015 07:19PM

From the current Eternal Marriage Student Manual, "Marriage for Eternity," 167–83 (2003):

"...[W]e recommend that people marry those who are of the same racial background generally ...."

https://www.lds.org/manual/eternal-marriage-student-manual/marriage-for-eternity?lang=eng

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: September 02, 2015 01:43AM

Sounds like good sound time honored advice, marry ones own kind, blacks with blacks, whites with whites, browns with browns. Sorry people but I'm failing to see how supporting world conference of families is bad?

I admit the world is an awful place, but shouldn't children seek for the ideal, believe the best, wish for Santa to come? The trouble with gay activists is that the leaders in charge (not the gays themselves) are trying to tear down any good there is in the world. They are pissing on the birthday cake.

As with any l****** agenda, They are trying as usual to see how much they can get away with.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2015 01:44AM by poopstone.

Posted by: lurking in ( )
Date: September 02, 2015 01:59AM

1. Which gay activist leaders are you referring to?
2. What good things are they trying to tear down?
3. How are they doing this?

Please be specific. References would be helpful.

Thanks.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: September 02, 2015 02:19AM

Please do enlighten us. Please cite references and give source material so we can all look at it. As this is an ongoing theme with you, clear up our ignorance. If you can't back it up, pack it up. We are tired of cleaning it up.

*** = asking as Admin

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2015 02:19AM by Susan I/S.

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: September 03, 2015 12:07PM

I've learned a lot from the board but still have some rough edges. Maybe I shouldn't have posted the last item. But nearly everyone has been very helpful, and corrected me if I said something bad. Which I appreciate very much.

There are many kind lgbt people on the board that have corrected me. You could learn from their example if you open your heart a little. So please be patient and help me learn, don't tell me to go away "Susan."

Posted by: Whattheheckiskolob ( )
Date: September 02, 2015 01:29PM

Birds of a feather flock together. A bluejay is no better than a cardinal and a cardinal is no better than a pheasant, but even they know the natural order of things. People don't like the truth but it's still the truth.

Posted by: Inverso ( )
Date: September 03, 2015 05:33PM

You do realized that humans are all a single species, right? And that "races" are social constructs that happen to be based primarily on skin color regardless of the geographical origin of people in a community and could, historically, have just as easily arisen around hair color or finger length or any other physical feature? We are not a population of multiple species of birds. We have known for a long time that two blacks may have DNA that is more dissimilar than one white and one black. "Race" simply isn't a genetically determined feature of the human population.

Date: September 01, 2015 06:59PM

From the comments associated with the Salt Lake Tribune article:

"Why in God's name would the LDS Church want to send an apostle to speak at the convention of a hate group? And why do they have Dallin Oaks serving on the WCF Board of Directors (look it up)? This is just baffling to me. The church wants to improve its image and not be seen as a gay-hating organization, so why don't they just say NO to this organization?"

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: September 01, 2015 07:19PM

LDS, Inc. is ONLY for itself; families (adult consensual relationships) only exist to serve/please ChurchCo.

My 'tbm' wife filed a deceitful, vicious, hate & greed motivated divorce (no adultery or abuse claimed or suggested), and ChurchCo Knowingly smiled on her.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2015 08:06PM by GNPE.

Posted by: southern idaho inactive ( )
Date: September 01, 2015 08:03PM

How are they reacting since the SSM ruling this summer!? Doesn't that mess up their. idea of families being a mom, dad and kids!!??

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: September 01, 2015 09:39PM

I'M CALLING OUT THE LDS CHURCH:

YOUR 'PRO-FAMILY' RHETORIC IS A SHALLOW SCAM, WHICH HARMS THOUSANDS OF MEMBERS;

DIVORCE IS THE GREATEST THREAT TO (HETERO) MARRIAGES, NOT SAME SEX MARRIAGES OR RELATIONSHIPS.

LDS TEENS - ESPECIALLY FEMALES - ARE TAUGHT TO ONLY MARRY A 'WALKING WALLET' / PETER PRIESTHOOD TYPE MALES... WHICH IS THINLY MASKED PERFECTIONISM. FURTHER, TEENS ARE TAUGHT THAT TEMPLE MARRIAGE IS A 'MAGIC BULLET' WHICH WILL GUARANTEE SUCCESSFUL MARRIAGES.

YOU, THE LDS CHURCH, KNOWINGLY BLESSED A VICIOUS, HATEFUL, DECEITFUL DIVORCE INITIATED BY MY 'TBM' WIFE, INITIATED BECAUSE 'HE STOPPED ATTENDING CHURCH' (directly from her divorce petition); THERE WAS NO ADULTERY OR ABUSE CLAIMED OR SUGGESTED!

(I will send Ballard a copy!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2015 09:48PM by GNPE.

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: September 01, 2015 09:56PM

Once More said - "Why in God's name would the LDS Church want to send an apostle to speak at the convention of a hate group? And why do they have Dallin Oaks serving on the WCF Board of Directors (look it up)? This is just baffling to me. The church wants to improve its image and not be seen as a gay-hating organization, so why don't they just say NO to this organization?"

ANSWER - Because the CULT hates gays and lesbians. They are the great pretenders (about everythihg!). They pretend to the supportive and they actually are the GREAT HATERS!

Posted by: southern idaho inactive ( )
Date: September 01, 2015 10:05PM

The morg does one thing kinda right and later on stab them in the back. It's the classic do as I say, not what I do rule!

Posted by: lvskeptic ( )
Date: September 02, 2015 09:58AM

"marry ones own kind"

human??

What "kind" would marry a Ballard?

Date: September 02, 2015 01:01PM

Maybe dodos marry dodos in the LDS hierarchy.

And none of those dodos are gay.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.