Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: August 29, 2015 03:41AM

Guess what! They don't !!! and they blabber their preachy MORmON elitist mouths off about so many other things but that is one of those MORmON things they do not want to talk about because they are enjoying their privileged life of ease while regular MORmON members are killing themselves on the LD$ Inc MORmON treadmill to pay for everything and keep the MORmON world turning around, and they do not want to mess up their sweetheart insider deal.

The really intriguing thing is that as a MORmON member becomes TEmple endowed then they supposedly become an integral part of THE church, one of THE church's priests, a consecrated member.

...... (in any other religious context) the church's priests /consecrated members do not pay offerings, just like MORmON GA's do not pay tithing, because it is essentially paying offerings to themselves, which is ridiculous, but then again MORmONISM is not a religion. it is a religion based SCAM !!!!

normally the word "endowment" suggests that a person, the initiate in this case , is going to be given something, In MORmONISM it means the initiate is going to be set up so they can be robbed blind by the real MORmON insiders.

Leave it to MORmONISM to mess up everything in the interest of stealing, exploiting and profiteering for THE church to the greatest extent possible !!!!

" all together, I can only report that the Lord is richly blessing His church" Gordon BS Hincklye LD$ General conf. Oct 2006

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: unbelievable ( )
Date: August 29, 2015 03:58AM

They are false prophets, so this whole system of deceit is consistent throughout everything they do.

Posted by: brothernotofjared ( )
Date: August 29, 2015 04:16AM

That's why I call the The Profit and the Apostates.

Posted by: 4ofusfamily ( )
Date: August 29, 2015 05:33AM

How about Profit and Apustules?

Date: August 29, 2015 07:35PM

The MORmON PRofit and ASSpostHOLES

PRofit (profit + PR-of-it, PR being LIES most of the time in a MORmON context, it being using Jesus' name for profit) )

ASSpostHOLES (I am thinking you can see how that one works with out any explanation).

Either can be spoken right in front of MORmONS !

Posted by: finnan haddie ( )
Date: August 29, 2015 06:18AM

Seriously, honestly, how does the average member reconcile this situation with their "no paid clergy" thing?

Is it just a case of wilful ignorance? Or is there some standard argument that explains how GAs, prophets etc are different from paid clergy in other faiths?

This has been puzzling me for a while.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2015 06:19AM by finnan haddie.

Date: August 29, 2015 07:02PM

It's just like actors.

Fact: the vast majority of actors are amateurs who are not paid. Fact: Some actors are some of the highest paid people in the world.

The vast majority of MORmON leaders do not get paid. MORmONS LOVE to talk about that.

The top MORmON leaders are some of the highest paid religious leaders in the world. MORmONS do not want to talk about that, especially the top MORmON Leaders.

Posted by: desertman ( )
Date: August 29, 2015 01:10PM

The reason is "they have no income"

All of that which they receive is stipend or gift. Therefore not income. Therefore not tithe/taxable.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: August 29, 2015 01:18PM

They preach it from the pulpit but they don't practise it.

They have no shame.

Posted by: Chucktown ( )
Date: August 29, 2015 01:20PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but why would anyone pay tithing or taxes on reimbursements? It is money that you spent that is being returned. It has already had taxes and tithing paid from it. If you pay income tax and tithing out of your paycheck them loan someone $50 when they pay you back you don't owe income tax on it again and the tithing was paid the first time it was in your possession.

Posted by: SweetSpirit ( )
Date: August 29, 2015 07:22PM

Yes, it is money they spent being returned. Not money that they loaned being returned. Pretty sweet deal to be "reimbursed" for everything you spend such as clothing, vehicle, utilities, gas, food, housing, schooling, household help, etc. Most people don't get "reimbursed" for their daily expenditures like this, therefore it is compensation for being a GA. In other words they get paid no matter whether it is called a salary, stipend, or reimbursement.

Posted by: Mr. Happy ( )
Date: August 29, 2015 01:21PM

I must have missed something. Where, or in which official church publication, does it mention that G.A.'s don't pay tithing??

Date: August 29, 2015 05:34PM

Mr. Happy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I must have missed something. Where, or in which official church publication, does it mention that G.A.'s don't pay tithing??

*crickets chirping*

Still waiting...

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: August 29, 2015 05:40PM

Mr. Happy Wrote:
> I must have missed something. Where, or in which
> official church publication, does it mention that
> G.A.'s don't pay tithing??

What would they pay tithing on? Officially they don't make a salary.

Date: August 29, 2015 06:33PM

Greyfort Wrote:
> Mr. Happy Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I must have missed something. Where, or in
> which
> > official church publication, does it mention
> that
> > G.A.'s don't pay tithing??
>
>
> What would they pay tithing on? Officially they don't make a salary.

So are you saying that G.A.'s have NO income, say, from investments, IRA's, trusts, real estate, social security, etc. that they might have had in place prior to being named a G.A. and are paying dividends to them now?? I would find that hard to believe, and find it even harder to believe that they weren't paying tithing on it.

But to get back to your statement, "Officially they don't make a salary.", if that is the case, why is there a thread discussing the G.A.'s not paying tithing on a salary they don't make??

Some times RFM leaves me shaking my head. A lot of recovery still needed for many here.

Posted by: brandywine ( )
Date: August 29, 2015 01:22PM

It would be silly to pay tithing because, they'd just be paying themselves.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: August 29, 2015 01:31PM

When I think of the GA's, I think of the priests in the original Jerusalem Temple having a Tri-Tip BBQ out back after the "people" have sacrificed a bull to "God"...

Date: August 29, 2015 03:34PM

Sweet!^^^

Posted by: southern idaho inactive ( )
Date: August 29, 2015 03:32PM

Just reading about this make me sick and my blood boil!! My 70+ senior citizen TBM dad pays the morg hundreds of dollars a month in tithing and fast offerings!! While the big GA's don't pay!! This so unfair!!

He's what some posters on here would say he's paying "double tithing". He retired from his post office job in 2003, moved my TBM family to Idaho(where he was told everything is cheaper). Now he works for a min wage job here in Idaho, is stressed out by the BS going on there... I often wish that there was a way to stop senior citizens and others on fixed incomes from paying the morg. It's not the like the morg is going broke anytime soon is it!??

Oh I forgot the public and the TBM tithe paying members cannot see the morg's money books! They've been closed to the public since the 1950s or 1960s!!!

Date: August 29, 2015 03:35PM

It really is dispicable. Sorry SII.

Posted by: danboyle ( )
Date: August 29, 2015 06:39PM

From LDS church history blog, footnoted

In August 1844 the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles issued an epistle which required all Mormons to immediately pay 'a tenth of all their property and money . . . and then let them continue to pay in a tenth of their income from that time forth.' There was no exemption for Mormons who had already paid one-tenth of their property upon conversion.11 In January 1845 a Quorum of Twelve's epistle reemphasized 'the duty of all saints to tithe themselves one-tenth of all they possess when they enter into the new and everlasting covenant: and then one-tenth of their interest, or income, yearly afterwards.'12 However, two weeks later the Twelve voted to exempt themselves, the two general bishops Newel K. Whitney and George Miller, and the Nauvoo Temple Committee from any obligation to pay tithing. This was due to their services to the church. (13)

13. Heber C. Kimball diary, 29 Jan. 1845, in Stanley B. Kimball, ed., On the Potter's Wheel: The Diaries of Heber C. Kimball (Salt Lake City: Signature Books/Smith Research Associates, 1987), 94; Nauvoo Trustee-in-Trust Tithing and Donation Record, 220-222 (29 Jan. 1845), LDS archives. For the term general bishop and its meaning in early LDS history, see Journal of Discourses, 26 vols. (Liverpool and London: Latter-day Saints' Book Depot, 1854-86), 22: 34 (O. Pratt/1880); D. Michael Quinn, 'Evolution of the Presiding Quorums of the LDS Church,' Journal of Mormon History 1 (1974): 34; Dale Beecher, 'The Office of Bishop,' Dialogue: A Journal of Mormon Thought 15 (Winter 1982): 103; Quinn, Mormon Hierarchy: Origins of Power, 69-71.

Looks like they have exempted themselves from the very beginning...tithing is for the little people.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2015 06:42PM by danboyle.

Posted by: southern idaho inactive ( )
Date: August 29, 2015 07:09PM

That's something I've always suspected growing up in the morg. That tithing is for the rank and file/ peons/ peasants in the church. Not the upper class management/ leaders.

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: August 29, 2015 07:27PM

sti·pend
ˈstīˌpend/Submit
noun
a fixed or regular amount of money paid as a salary or allowance, as to a clergyman

Word Origin
C15: from Old French stipende, from Latin stīpendium tax, from stips a contribution + pendere to pay out

LDS, Inc. contributes an allowance to "The Specials" and it is not income or increase, therefore they pay no tithing.

Every member who does pay tithing is a sucker. And allegedly, there's one born every minute.

LDS, Inc. claims to have no paid clergy, except that they do at the top.

LDS, Inc. claims to enter Heaven you must pay tithing, except if you're at the top.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2015 07:28PM by wine country girl.

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: August 29, 2015 07:36PM

Hypocrites is such an ugly word
but true blue Mormons seem unfazed
Hypocrites is accurately observed
And that's what you get from G.A.s.

Posted by: finnan haddie ( )
Date: August 30, 2015 02:16PM

There seems to be bit of confusion here.

Some saying that what GAs are getting is only a "reimbursement" of costs they have already outlaid; others that they are getting a "stipend" - which is a salary by any other name.

Which is it, a reimbursement or a stipend? If a reimbursement, what does it cover? If it covers basic living expenses such as food and housing, tax law where I live would not consider that a "reimbursement", as those are not costs incurred as a result of doing your job. They are your personal living costs, and any assistance with them would be considered taxable income (if paid in cash) or a "benefit in kind" (if provided in kind, eg food from a company canteen, a tied house). Either case will be taxed in the same way as a salary. only costs directly associated with work can be tax-free, and there are limits, eg you can only claim 50% of your home landline costs as work-related.

So let's get real. If the money GAs receive is only for costs incurred *in connection with their work*, NOT including basic living expenses, then it's a reimbursement and I wouldn't expect it to be taxed or tithed. But if it goes beyond that, I don't care if you call it a salary or a stipend - it's income, and should be treated as such! Even if it seems illogical to tithe back income that came from the church, if they expect members to tithe on pensions etc, they should be setting the example.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.