Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: August 28, 2015 08:06PM

Between a pyramid, floating rock, and a helmet (not to mention the 'strange woman' waving,) these are some pretty weird photos as revealed from the Curiosity Rover.... You decide: are they stranger than fiction, or realer than life? ;)

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/28/tech/mars-photos-alien-life/index.html

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: August 28, 2015 09:33PM

They are not what I would call bizarre. They look like rocks, just like the other rocks around them in the pictures.

Humans like to look for patterns and similarities to things we recognize. Like that tomato that looked like a heart or bunny.

It's like finding faces in clouds.

The next thing you know, people will see Jesus in an oil stain.

Apparently this is evidence for alien hunters. (Eye roll)

Next caller please.

Date: August 28, 2015 09:38PM

Did you see the picture with the floating rock?

Note that these pictures were taken by the Curiosity explorer, and are not photoshopped.

How did that rock appear to be floating, and you can see its shadow underneath it on the ground where it's hovering over?

They pyramid on the surface looks way too sharply defined to be anything other than if not man-made, made by some intelligent life perhaps visiting Mars from somewhere else in the cosmos.

And the helmet? It looks very much like a WWI helmet worn by our soldiers.

They are quite realistic nonetheless.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2015 09:38PM by amyjo.

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: August 28, 2015 09:39PM

There are many tricks of light that can make something appear as if floating or levitating.

Date: August 29, 2015 04:34AM

It does beg the question what would cause that one rock out of all the others to be suspended in mid-air, with nothing below it or around it to support it?

I wonder what NASA's explanation is for something like that would be?

We've seen the pictures with speculation. The scientific ones from the source are leaving them as such to fuel the imagination, I wonder?

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: August 28, 2015 09:55PM

The floating rock is proof of an advanced civilization. Joseph Smith couldn't fool the Martians with a regular rock/seer stone, so he used their technology to devise a floating seer stone. I know that this is true.

Posted by: sampsonAtard ( )
Date: August 28, 2015 11:39PM

StillAnon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The floating rock is proof of an advanced
> civilization... I know that this is true.

Now that we are aware of Holy Joe's Freemason Jester status, like most of the guys up there in that National Academy of Space Actors called NASA, we understand that mormasonic polished turd-stones were precursors of the Academy's photo-shopped rocks in space.

NASA and Hollywood mooned the Earth 50 years ago and now they claim to have a sixteen-wheeler on Mars to beam down another load of obvious crap.

Rock on... all you Worshipful Masters! The sheep seem to lap it up.

Posted by: unbelievable ( )
Date: August 29, 2015 04:36AM

LOL so much, I cried. Thank you.

Posted by: The Invisible Green Potato ( )
Date: August 28, 2015 10:06PM

If you look carefully at the pyramid you will see that the tip of the triangle on the bright side does not meet the tip of the triangle on the dark side. At best it is a deformed pyramid, not of sufficient quality for intelligent life to be satisfied with it. There are similar triangular shaped rocks nearby, so it fits with the natural landscape.

What happened to the giant pyramids that were seen on Mars years ago, or the mountain that looked like it was half the face of a man and half lion? Do we have better pictures of them now? Do the pictures confirm that they were built by the same aliens that built the Egyptian pyramids?

Date: August 29, 2015 04:27AM

I rememember those older photos from Mars.

If the larger than life pyramids actually were there at that point in time, and are no longer visible; or perhaps this tip of a pyramid is one remaining of the former? It's very possible that giant windstorms have blown the sand and dirt across the plains that resulted in settling of any visible land formations, as the objects sunk beneath view.

Time will do that over a relatively short period. I was digging in my yard a couple of years ago to plant a shrub in the center of the backyard. When I hit some hard rock and mortar. Discovering a circle of bricks that I had laid years ago when making a garden fountain (bird bath,) the bricks were on top of the ground circling the sculpture.

Eventually the sculpture was replaced, and the ground lay barren for some time. The bricks I'd laid had become buried under several feet of earth in the meantime. I was astonished that only a few years would result in their shifting to several feet below the earth just from weather and sediment erosion.

Posted by: EssexExMo ( )
Date: August 29, 2015 03:38AM

Meh, I've seen 'Teller' (of Penn &) floating an inch off the ground - and that was from a *considerably* closer distance than this photo

[hint: he wasn't really floating}

Date: August 29, 2015 04:28AM

:D

A magician in lieu of a Martian?

Yes, quite possible!

Posted by: 6 iron ( )
Date: August 28, 2015 09:43PM

That's just chocolate and nougat...

Oh, the other Mars.

Date: August 29, 2015 04:18AM

I can live with that.

A Mars fix.

Posted by: Book of Mordor ( )
Date: August 28, 2015 10:18PM

Well, if I may bring this back on topic…

That great prophet, seer and revelator, Orson Pratt, did in fact proclaim that there were people just like us on Mars. (He didn't say if they were Quakers though.) Vindication! A flood of light and understanding!

Or not. He also said that people lived on each of the other planets as well. Maybe we just have to look harder.

Orson Pratt, 1878, Journal of Discourses, Vol. 19, pp. 294-95:

"…Let us, for a moment, consider the planets of our solar system, namely, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune – the great primary planets of our system; are these made for nothing? No. What has the Lord said to us, Latter-day Saints, concerning these planets? He says, all these are kingdoms, to which he has given laws… Why was it necessary, that there should be a withdrawal of the presence of the Lord in visiting the different worlds? I think it was necessary, so far as mortality is concerned, and indicates that the inhabitants of these different planets are fallen, as we are. It does not say so, in so many words, but I can see that they must be fallen, and for that reason the Lord withdraws his presence from them, and visits them in their hour, and time, and season, and then withdraws from them, leaving them to ponder in their hearts the commandments given them."

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: August 28, 2015 11:41PM

super intelligent life builds pyramids ?

WOW ! *LOL*

Date: August 29, 2015 04:16AM

The Egyptians weren't dummies.

Building pyramid structures is a feat of engineering.

As well as construction.

Posted by: nonamekid ( )
Date: August 28, 2015 11:51PM

http://www.utahoutdooractivities.com/greatstoneface.html

I mean if Joe Smith is appearing on a mountain in Utah, TSCC must be true!

Posted by: seekyr ( )
Date: August 29, 2015 01:11AM

When looking at pictures of Mars, you HOPE to see something really different and surprising - because it's a different world.

Why don't people expect something more UNUSUAL from the BoM? You'd think with it being about a whole different society on the opposite hemisphere, practically a different planet, that there'd be really surprising and different things about their habits or traditions. But it all seems so similar to the traditions on the other side of the ocean.

It should have more unique things, like
"And it came to pass, that Limnihi, who was the watcher over the herd of tapirs, was set upon by a Curelom. And it was the custom in his village to make spear heads from the tusk of the Curelom. Therefore, Limnihi girdeth his head with a headpiece fashioned from the feathers of Kominhah bird and set forth to meet the Curelom etc etc.

There should have been things mentioned as if they were normal every day things that would seem very strange to us, since it was supposedly written by someone back in that time and place. "and it came to pass that it was the night of the full moon, therefore the men were asleep by the well." Something that you'd wonder about.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2015 02:09AM by seekyr.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 29, 2015 01:29AM

Curiosity would find many interesting natural features on Earth as well, such as rock formations in Bryce Canyon, Zion National Park, the Grand Canyon, or the Badlands.

Date: August 29, 2015 04:07AM

True. Would it even survive such a trek through the Badlands or Zion's, or Bryce Canyon?

The terrain is such it could easily become a heap of twisted metal in no time.

Some of the images reported back by the rover do defy logical explanations though.

Particularly the images of the women standing against the terrain in very humanlike poses.

They blend in with the landscape, at the same time their images stand starkly out in contrast.

And the helmet? Vewy stwange indeed.

Date: August 29, 2015 04:03AM

Between the waving woman, and the Mermaid, it would appear that the Stranger In A Strange Land has been superceded by Women on Mars.

Which lends credence to the idea that women are the superior sex.

;-)

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: August 29, 2015 07:55AM

"The Martian Chronicles" by Bradbury is a much more mysterious set of stories than "Stranger in a Strange Land". IMNSHO, of course...

Posted by: finnan haddie ( )
Date: August 29, 2015 06:08AM

There is a small island here which has rocks shaped (very convincingly) like a large crocodile, an enormous lion and the face of an Indian (though the Indian apparently used to be Davy Crockett, I'm not sure why he changed). There is also a cliff face that allegedly looked like Queen Victoria but someone built a house in the relevant line of sight, so you can't see her any more.

That's just on one 5x3 mile patch of the Earth's surface. So I find these pictures unsurprising.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.