Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: southern idaho inactive ( )
Date: August 28, 2015 07:54PM

Clerk asks US Supreme Court to intervene in marriage case

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/clerk-asks-us-supreme-court-to-intervene-in-marriage-case/ar-BBmcssT

Is'nt her 15 minutes up already!???

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Elder What's-his-face ( )
Date: August 28, 2015 09:26PM

She needs to be fired. If you don't want to do your job, just quit. I'm sure you'll be replaced before you can get out the door, and it won't even hold up the line...next please!

Posted by: pamelapotrey ( )
Date: August 28, 2015 09:32PM

I agree. I'm surprised they haven't fired her yet.

Posted by: goodeye ( )
Date: August 28, 2015 09:35PM

She can't be fired exactly. She is an elected official and as such there is a whole legal process to remove her from office the odds of the state senate (who has the power to impeach her) is slim to none as they share her same beliefs and have commended her for her actions.

She also refuses to resign. (No work if she is held in contempt of court and she still makes her $80,000 a year).

Regardless of her religious convictions, her job is to uphold the law and cannot allow her religious convictions to interfere. She is costing tax payers $$$ with this. You think she is paying for being sued I promise you she isn't not on that salary. The people of that county should be calling for her to resign or to be recalled on that alone.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2015 09:42PM by goodeye.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: August 28, 2015 10:20PM

As of this afternoon, August 28, 2015:

"Rowan County Atty's Office Refers Charge Of Official Misconduct Against Clerk"

The county attorney's office has referred a charge of Official Misconduct against [Kim Davis] to the state Attorney General's office.

The county attorney's office cannot [itself] prosecute Kim Davis (according to Kentucky Bar Association rules), so the case will be passed to a prosecutor in another Kentucky county.

The government of Rowan County, and the County Attorney's Office, CANNOT remove her from office [according to the law], and [legally] can take no further action in this case.

Kentucky STATE government will continue the process [of removing her from office].

http://www.lex18.com/story/29910789/rowan-county-attys-office-refers-charge-of-official-misconduct-against-clerk

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2015 10:21PM by tevai.

Posted by: RayS ( )
Date: August 29, 2015 02:50PM

She has a lot of courage to stand up for her beliefs.

Posted by: Elder What's-his-face ( )
Date: August 29, 2015 04:17PM

Yes she does. I'll grant her kudos for standing firm in her ideals, despite my opinion of the situation.
That's why she needs to resign or find a private practice where she can operate freely without the burden of the law dictating the terms of her employment.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.