Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: applesauce ( )
Date: August 28, 2015 12:23PM

Discussion about Mormons' fear of death promtped another thought.

I don't believe there will be a judgement day. I remember when I came to that conclusion several years ago. It pissed me off that someone who had no idea who I was or what I was about was going to judge me for how I lived my life. Are you kidding me? I did what I had to do for myself and my kids. I pulled a life and a career out of nothing but negativity. It was dam hard! And I'm proud of myself for being strong and having done so, as several of my siblings did not fare so well.

And some ASSHOLE is going to judge me on how I got to where I am? If that was the case, I was gonna walk up to Judgey Judgerson and poke him in the eye, and tell him to shove his judgements where the sun don't shine. He/She/It didn't walk a mile in my shoes....and if He/She/It is GOD, who caused my issues (or allowed them to happen, as the case may be) and "HE" didn't like how I reacted to "HIS" crap? Well Soooo-rrrry!

Looking back, I'm laughing now....that was the angry newly fresh exmormon I was...Mad as hell, and I'm not gona take it any longer! Now that I have seen Mormonism for what it is and have let it go, the anger has subsided.

Now I don't believe in any of it, and it's very refreshing.

After having that epiphany, and having studied other religions as I have done, I have come to the conclusion that many of you have, that religion (essentially fear of death/afterlife/judgement) was invented by MEN, used to control other MEN (and women!). And the whole Judgement Day thing is part of control mechanism.

applesauce

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Ex-Sis ( )
Date: August 28, 2015 08:20PM

Someone needs to open a new bar in SLC:

The Judgement Bar and Grill

People would go in just to hear the joke of the day...

Mormonism is hyper judgemental, even judgemental about judgement day... According to BY, not only is Jesus on the Jury, but Joseph Smith, Hahahahaha! (As if JS should be the judge of errant behavior, always trying to out run tar and feathers, bullets...)

Posted by: csuprovograd ( )
Date: August 28, 2015 09:11PM

I wanna open the first medical marijuana shop in Utah...

I'd call it "Bud Astonement".

Posted by: 64monkey ( )
Date: August 29, 2015 10:15AM

Religion is all about fear. The day of judgment is just another way for the powers at the top to keep the sheep in line.

Posted by: seekyr ( )
Date: August 29, 2015 10:26AM

Everything about Judgement if just insane to me. Definitely a ploy by people to control other people.

The belief in a Judgement and a belief in eternal life are totally in conflict to me. To judge and pigeonhole someone after their earth life is to say that they are unable to learn, change or grow after that point. If you live for eternity, that's a VERY LONG time to exist without changing significantly.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.