Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: August 27, 2015 11:37AM

Sometimes even crazy people say wise things. This is what Miley Cyrus said on Jimmy Kimmel's show:

<<My dad’s cool, because I’m sure he’d maybe rather me not have my tits out all the time, but he’d rather me have my tits out and be a good person than have a shirt on and be a bitch.>>

Of course, Mormonism wants us all to have our shirts on, as if that means anything. Shirts that cover the shoulders and all the other bits that freak out the old men in charge.

And men, if you wear a white shirt and suit, then that says what, exactly about your character? It must mean you're wonderful, because it's not like there were ever any awful, dishonest, lying, thieving, raping, murdering guys in suits, right?

It has been my experience that people who worry about superficial appearances usually lack internal substance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: August 27, 2015 11:40AM

Her profundity is so absolutely whelming.

Posted by: Human ( )
Date: August 27, 2015 11:43AM

It astonishes me daily how much we can get away with while wearing a suit as opposed to, say, a hoodie*.

Cool quote from the kid! Hanna Montana, still rockin' in the free world!

Human

*Anyone remember when we use to call these "kangaroo jackets"? Or was that just a Canadian thing?

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: August 27, 2015 11:59AM

Human Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> *Anyone remember when we use to call these
> "kangaroo jackets"? Or was that just a Canadian
> thing?

Must be Canadian, never heard that in the US.
"Monkey Suits" was common, though :)

Posted by: exmoron ( )
Date: August 27, 2015 11:44AM

Good point..great comparison.

I think her dad would rather have her keep her shirt on plus be a good person though. The two traits shouldn't be mutually exclusive. I bet he would also like her to cut out the twirking, but I may be wrong. Just guessing.

Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: August 27, 2015 12:01PM

1. Twerking is really good for your butt and thighs.
2. She's really not very good at it, actually.
3. Twerking is so over, it's, like, so 2010.
4. She's not doing anything and hasn't done anything that Lady Gaga, Madonna, and Grace Jones haven't also already done.
5. There is nothing wrong with nudity. Nothing.
6. I actually really like Miley Cyrus. She's got a great voice and she seems to be doing pretty well, given she's one of those child stars who tend to tank and disappear from the public eye once they reach the age of majority. She seems like -- although she's a partier (and there's really nothing wrong with that either) -- she's got a fairly good head on her shoulders.

You may not like her. You may not like her work. You may disagree with me that she has talent and knows EXACTLY what she's doing in terms of crafting her public image. Those are all valid opinions.

Posted by: michaelc1945 ( )
Date: August 27, 2015 12:40PM

That voice is not that great and her behavior has to do with her frontal lobe not being fully developed. Who am I to complain? I'm not. She is staying in the news and selling her product.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: August 27, 2015 12:31PM

"Tits out" = attention = publicity.

Miley Math.

Posted by: Passing through ( )
Date: August 27, 2015 12:42PM

The girl knew herself when she wrote that song...she is definitely a wrecking ball.

That her dad loves her anyway, regardless of the cringeworthy bits in her show, and that she is confident enough in his support to phrase it that way, means that the Cyrus family, despite the pitfalls of celebrity, know and practice better family principles than the majority of Mormons. As Stray Mutt said, they are "shirt on" (and in the closet) about life, no matter how miserable their loved ones get while stifling inside the monolithic conformity.

My own in-laws are like that. Keep up appearances. Don't be different. Paste that smile on. I just want to shake them and say, "you don't have to pretend for me, I'm your friend, your family!"

But of course I am Exmo so their masks stay rigidly in place so that I can see the paradise of religious life I threw away. I'd like to do a reality show where Miley Cyrus moves in with them and swings her uninhibited wrecking ball all over their repressed existence.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.