Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: August 27, 2015 01:27AM

I was Mormon on 9/11.
I was also Muslim. (long story short, I traveled to Africa at 18 as an art student and to research my roots, which go all the way back to Africa, where I integrated into African society and adopted the culture, including the lifestyle and local religion, Islam. I became Muslim which is kind of like being Mormon, but you don't resign. If you turn your back on Islam, it is your Muslim Brother's obligation to kill you, all 1.6 billion of them.) So I was in a unique situation on 9/11, as a Mormon/Muslim/American. Seeing that inhumanity, that evil, inflicted on good people like me, affected me deeply. Seeing it inflicted by fellow Muslims yelling Allah Akbar! made me sick to my stomach.
"Neitzsche was right. God is dead." I said to myself under my breath.
I became a Nihlist in that moment.
And there I remained.
I didn't turn my back on Islam. I turned my back on all religions, superstitions or anything that pittued US against THEM, ingroups and out groups.
Fuck that.
I heard what the PRetend PRofit had to say, "I declare a fatwah against tats and piercing!!!"
Really?
And this is God's greatest concern right now, that he has to communicate to the "Prophet"? on the verge of the mother of all fucking Holy Wars, only this time with drones and nukes?
Pass the GD popcorn.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2015 02:17AM by koriwhore.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Ex-Sis ( )
Date: August 27, 2015 01:51AM

His favorite phrase was "I don't know..." He couldn't say anything significant, because he's never said anything significant, except that the church should be held accountable if the BoM was fake (thus the chemo treatment to prolong his life...)

World chaos results from extra earrings and tattoos... especially salamander tattoos.

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: August 27, 2015 02:00AM

His handlers told him to keep quiet, until it was time to encourage enlistment in the military for the Iraq war.

Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: August 27, 2015 10:29AM

A Prophet of God isnt more beholden to his PR Dept. "handlers" than he is to God. Thats what made it anundantly clear to me the so called PRofit was a feeble minded old man, totally faking it like the Wizard of Oz.

Posted by: Tom Phillips ( )
Date: August 27, 2015 03:13AM

I recall GBH saying, concerning the invasion of Iraq (excuse was 9/11 although unrelated to that event), "I don't know what the future holds".

What? He is a prophet, seer and revelator, God's chosen prophet on earth and he does not know what the future holds?

He knows God does not want a woman to wear more than one earring (he was silent about how many a man can wear) but God tells him nothing about what is really important in world affairs and to humanity.

Just as past LDS prophets stood by as millions died of smallpox. Why didn't they say vaccination is the answer (which it was)?

"Come Listen to a Prophet's Voice" really means pay, pray and obey. Be a racist, misogynist and homophobic. Ignore science and human understanding. Then you will be made a polygamous god (men) or goddess wife (women) and, as gods, you will create and populate an earth, create a universe or multiverse.

Yes, that makes perfect sense and something we should devote our whole lives to.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: August 27, 2015 08:15AM

Before 9/11 was the Monica Lewinsky/ Bill Clinton affair which MORmON PR executives thank god for because it kept the spot light off of the 2002 Olympic bid bribery scandal.

On Sept 8 1998 Gordon Hinckley went on Larry King Live to make PR mileage over Bill CLinton's misfortune relative to Clinton's affair with Monica Lewinsky.

Double talking Hinckley tap danced all over the place on the issue, both adamantly condemning the behavior that had gotten Clinton in trouble but also steadfastly refusing to actually condemn Clinton personally for what had happened. It was an ironic non committal approach to the matter from Hinckley who had authored a book entitled "standing for something". Hinckley adamantly spoke about the desperate need for higher standards and higher morality for public figures. Hinckley acknowledged that such an onus was on himself when King specifically asked Hinckley if Hinckley's admonitions also applied to Hinckley, among all the other soft balls that King pitched to Hinckley.

Hinckley could not just simply keep his MORmON mouth shut on the Clinton /Lewinsky matter because Hinckley is such a (self considered) pillar of morality himself .......and there was some huge PR Mileage to be made for LDS Inc at CLinton's expense even IF Hinckley was unwilling to take a direct jab Clinton. Even as Hinckley refused to take a direct jab at Clinton, Hinckley was hardly endearing himself to Clinton who was still serving as a whipping boy and a platform for LDS Inc promotional PR anyway. Hinckley was obviously thrilled with how well that things were going for him and his corporation / *church* at Clinton's expense. That feeling would not last.

Before the end of September 1998, Utah News Reporters Lynn Packer and Chris Vanocur announced that they had traced a gift of 2 million dollars in cash that had been given to SLOC. The money had been traced back to LDS inc, aka The Mormon /MORmON church. There were troubling issues about what the money had been used for, and the propriety of the MORmON church making such a contribution to such a worldly cause. In the aftermath of Packer's and Vanocur's discovery, Big Mouth MORmON Pillar of Morality Gordon Hinckley was no where to be seen, hiding out in his ivory tower apartment at Temple Square in Salt Lake city. LDS Inc did call a new conference to respond to Packer's and Vanocur's revelation about where SLOC's spending (bribe) money had come from. LDS Inc. official PR spokesman Don Lefevre was sent to deal with the news media. Hinckley and Hinckley's penchant for openly exclaiming the need for higher morality had completely disappeared. Don LeFevre told the media that LDS Inc's cash gift to SLOC was not inappropriate because the money had come from LDS Inc business funds and NOT from LDS Inc offering funds as in money that had been given to the church in the form of offerings from members. LeFevre was far less clear on how LDS Inc is able to so positively keep its various funds from being intermingled and confused with each other. It was also a STRONG de facto admission that church based funds should NOT be used for such ventures.

Most miraculous of all, it's impossible to find any mention of this press conference in extensive searches on the internet. It is AS IF all mentions of this press conference and Don LeFevre's statement to the media has disappeared just like the MORmON golden plates!!!!!! LDS Inc. computer goons and PR spooks must have been very hard at work scrubbing every mention of this press conference and attendant news stories from the internet.

Do not worry, LDS Inc, I will not forget about this stuff. It's a large part of the VERY MEMORABLE main reasons ( utter corruption, hypocritically engaging in dreaded worldliness, phoniness, and LYING of a top MORmON leader ) that I quit THE (MORmON) church, and I am not going to stop mentioning it.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: August 27, 2015 08:59AM

9/11 had a huge impact on me as a Mormon. I don't know why this had never even occurred to me before, but my eyes were really opened on that day.

What I realized was that there were people of a different religion who were so absolutely certain of their faith, that they were willing to kill and to die for it. Not that this would ever be a good thing. It was a horrific thing. But it suddenly made my little Mormon testimony seem puny in comparison.

I realized that you could sit down with a group containing a Mormon, a Catholic, a Jew, a Baptist, a Muslim, a Hindu, a Cherokee, a Jain, etc. You could go around the circle and hear the testimony of each one.

Each could sit there with as much conviction and tears in their eyes as they convey why their religion is THE religion of the world as the Mormon could.

It suddenly felt extremely arrogant to sit there and claim that we had God's one and only true religion. I suddenly felt embarrassed that I had held that position.

It was the biggest turning point in my life and everything began to change from there. It was the beginning of the end of Mormonism in my life.

Edit: P.S. Yeah, the no earrings and tattoos thing in the face of such huge world events didn't help either.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2015 09:00AM by Greyfort.

Posted by: L Tom Petty ( )
Date: August 27, 2015 09:30AM

At the time of 911 I was no longer a believer.

Still, the impotence of the profit and latter-day liars club was so obvious to me. I couldn't understand why TBMs didn't see how utterly useless these guys were in the face of huge world problems. If we ever needed these guys to be inspired, 911 was certainly the time. What a joke these fakers are and were.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.