Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: laperla not logged in ( )
Date: August 26, 2015 01:54PM

I might be able to forgive an affair.

While the wife was going to thrift stores to pick up used clothing for their growing brood, he was spending thousands on a stripper (according to the stripper.)

I couldn't forgive the betrayal of an economic partnership.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: August 26, 2015 02:00PM

Umm this sounds like a fabrication. Josh was repentant, (I guess) I'm wondering if the Bates family in Tennessee might take over the spot light in the coming months? They just had their 19th as well?

Posted by: laperla not logged in ( )
Date: August 26, 2015 02:05PM

I find the Bates family more amusing and I like their music.

Posted by: crystalwolf ( )
Date: August 26, 2015 05:58PM

The guy's an idiot and a complete loser. He should just implode.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 26, 2015 06:04PM

If his wife decides to keep him, she needs to put him on a short leash. He needs more supervision.

Posted by: boilerluv ( )
Date: August 26, 2015 06:17PM

I just saw something that said that his wife is doing some soul searching to try to determine how she can change and become a better wife, because somehow it is her fault that he needs to do those things. She will never kick him to the curb because that crazy Christian cult they belong to has women convinced that they MUST have a man and MUST have bushels of kids, and anything wrong in the marriage is HER fault. And since none of them has anything much to do with anybody outside their own church and that group of friends, it is not likely that anybody with any sense can get through to her. Or any of them. How sad is that! Talk about brainwashing!

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: August 26, 2015 07:31PM

I have heard about some women swallowing that line, to the effect that if a husband strays, it's the wife's fault because she obviously failed him in some way.

Salesmanship?

Posted by: anonforthisexmorm ( )
Date: August 26, 2015 07:41PM

It's part of their cult (Gothardism/ATI), which Anna Duggar grew up in, to blame the victim of cheating or abuse, especially if they are female.

The "counseling" worksheet they give sexual abuse victims is available here. It is truly disgusting.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5228166

Posted by: rationalist01 ( )
Date: August 26, 2015 10:03PM

I'm an atheist and know all about Ashley Madison. When I heard of it, I thought it was a travesty. My personal integrity and respect for DW made the very idea of that thing a travesty. My feelings about it have nothing to do with sin or god, as I believe in neither. It has to do with respect and love. Josh Duggar is a douchebag. He knows he can grovel and repent, and his Jesus will forgive him for practically anything. I have no such illusions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2015 10:04PM by rationalist01.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: August 27, 2015 08:42AM

Posted by: celeste ( )
Date: August 27, 2015 12:36AM

Well he's apparently checked in to some sort of religious addiction treatment program where Jesus will heal him over the course of the next six months. In the meantime, his wife is stuck single parenting four kids, five and under. Douche bag is a good word for him.

Posted by: Doxi ( )
Date: August 27, 2015 05:05AM

He's worse than a douche bag.
He is an enema bag.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.