Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: HopiBon! ( )
Date: August 26, 2015 12:21PM

The real risk in doing this is upsetting the crazies inside the church who would only understand the opposite decision by the church. There will be people resigning from their boy scout callings out of protest.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Doubting Thomas ( )
Date: August 26, 2015 06:44PM

I wrote in another thread it will be a real topic of conversation (say in Ward Council), when Jimmy's parents tell the Bishop that their son won't be attending Young Men any more because they won't allow him to participate in Scouting.

This could happen people!

Posted by: Myron Donnerbalken ( )
Date: August 26, 2015 12:24PM

Sometimes even the Mormon church has to compromise.

Posted by: Argonaut ( )
Date: August 26, 2015 12:29PM

Saber rattling all along.

Posted by: Chump ( )
Date: August 26, 2015 12:42PM

Damn! I was hoping that the church leaders weren't smart enough to realize that they had lots to lose by dumping scouts. I wanted them to replace scouts with a Duty to God based indoctrination program that would drive 90% of the current young men out of the church.

I still wouldn't be surprised if they dump scouts a few years from now. They just don't want it to look like the decision was based on the recent decision to allow gay leaders.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: August 26, 2015 12:53PM

It will be interesting to see what kind of "I refuse to participate with that troop/leader" interactions occur at large Scout gatherings that involve mormon scouts meeting with non-mormon Scouts with possibly gay leaders in the future.

Somehow I don't think this is over...:)

Posted by: anon1234 ( )
Date: August 26, 2015 01:00PM

It's really simple, the threat is not the people out of the closet, it's deviants hiding behind heterosexual marriage. AKA Jared.

But, they can't say that, because then peterhood powers would be questioned.

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: August 26, 2015 06:49PM

I was so hoping for a different outcome.
I was having fantasies of having an organization for young people which would be free of the self righteous CULT! DAMMIT.

A nice organization without SELF RIGHTEOUS BRATS who are Holier than thou. SHIT! Now my grandson won't be joining the scouts. I certainly don't want him exposed to anyone in the CULT in any way, shape, or form if I can help it.

Is there an organization he can join that is CULT-free? Anyone know of one? If so, please let me know.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: August 26, 2015 06:50PM

I'm sure the saints are cognizant of all the gay men in America who are going to flock to scouting, just for the opportunity of going to Jamborees where all those innocent, virginal, apple cheeked mormon scouts will be waiting to be keel hauled! (I have no idea if gay men 'keel haul' each other, but it sounds like fun, which is why I used it!)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.