Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: August 25, 2015 07:54PM

Hmmm, the headaches and heartaches caused by polygamy have been compensated by the fine eugenic results?

Any Mormons believe this anymore?

"In specific instances the descendants of Lorin Farr, first mentioned in this book, are an excellent example of that "seed raised up." The descendants of Annie Clark Tanner, a polygamist wife quoted in this book indicated, "Many of the finest characters in Utah and surrounding states owe their existence to this doctrine of the Mormon Church. It is often remarked that all the headaches and heartaches caused by polygamy have, in some measure, been compensated by the fine eugenic results.'"

http://documents.htracyhall.org/pdf/HTH-Archives/Tracy%20Hall%20Project%20Consolidation/Document%20Library/Donald's%20Writings/The%20Life%20And%20Times%20of%20Helon%20Henry%20Tracy%20%28preface%20&%20Ch%2019%29.pdf Page 25

This ain't "ancient" Mormon history neither. Old Mormons were obsessed with seed? Raise up seed, seed of Cain???

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: August 25, 2015 08:03PM

Elder Berry Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The
> descendants of Annie Clark Tanner, a polygamist
> wife quoted in this book indicated, "Many of the
> finest characters in Utah and surrounding states
> owe their existence to this doctrine of the Mormon
> Church.

Nice bit of post-hoc reasoning. These people exist, and they wouldn't exist if it weren't for polygamy; some of them are fine characters; therefore polygamy rocks!

Sigh.

Another poster here (brandywine) and I share a great-great grandpa, but come from different polygamous wives. It was cool to find that out (hi, cousin!). Yes, we both exist, and wouldn't if g-g-grandpa hadn't been a polygamist. Doesn't mean polygamy was great. Just means it WAS. :)

Date: August 25, 2015 08:19PM

HAHA! I guess your mind is a fine example of...

Posted by: brandywine ( )
Date: August 25, 2015 08:22PM

I hate polygamy. I hold it responsible for a great deal of family dysfunction.

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: August 25, 2015 08:24PM

Is fumarase one of these fine eugenic results?

He/she wouldn't exist if not for this or that doesn't hold water with me. None of us would be here if not for our parents whoever they are.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2015 08:25PM by verilyverily.

Posted by: passing through ( )
Date: August 26, 2015 12:32AM

Oh yes, splendid eugenics from polygamy....just take a look at the FLDS and see the fine human stock they breed. Real ubermenschen coming from all those mother/sister/daughter groups taken as wives by a narrow selection of males.

When the whole flap at the FLDS compound in Texas was going down I was particularly impressed with how they've narrowed the women down into two or three distinct phenotypes...a whole harem full of copies of the same three women in various stages of age and devolution...I mean, development.

Yeah, real grand superhero eugenics going on there for sure.

Posted by: g0rgone ( )
Date: August 26, 2015 12:03PM

Yes, finally!

thank you, mom, for the influence of your fine m0ronic inbreeding....
I am so very thankful for the celiac disease, lupus, endometriosis, female pattern balding, & especially....the schizophrenia... So blessed to have them all at once, & at such an early age!! weeeee!

oh,& my brother is thankful for his one big mutant kidney, among other things...

Date: August 26, 2015 04:13PM

It is all in the "mind" that Mormons are eugenically superior from their Priesthood selective breeding program from 100 years or so ago.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: August 26, 2015 04:27PM

That's like saying we have been compensated for the genetics of rapists because they turned out some great kids.

The idea is appalling and disgusting.

Date: August 26, 2015 05:13PM

Mental rapists they were...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.