Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ontheDownLow ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 01:31PM

I have been doing a lot of reading about William and Samuel Smith. From the facts I have found, it appears as though BY may have struck a deal with Govern. Ford to have JS and Hyrum killed. JS called for the mormon militia and they never came. Also, a young 36 year old Samuel dies a month later while being simultaneously sick with another who stopped taking his prescribed medicine, but sam didn't, and sam died but the other didn't.

Sam's daughter later claims that his father was poisoned. William Smith claimed he should be the prophet since he was the patriach of the church. BY contends with him, and rather than a Deity making the call, the bretheren vote in BY. William gets excommunicated by BY for apostacy and he joins the RLDS. Moreover, BY taught the whole blood atonement and had some really crazy and violent speeches about blacks and revenge. Remember John D. Lee claimed he was the fall guy for the mtn meadows masacre.

Does my theory seem to far out there, or has anyone else seen any other facts that they can share with me?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 01:37PM

You're a secret undercover operative working for FAIR who's seeking to discredit RFM with crapola like this...

Brigham Young was nowhere near Nauvoo when Smith was murdered, and it was some time before he received the news...

And John D. Lee was the fall guy for Mountain Meadows, but he was also up to his garmie neckline in orchestrating and participating in the murders. The others were permitted to walk, however...

Now head back out on the Internet; there's far more important stuff to bring to people's attention... Like how the Twin Towers were brought down by controlled demolition and how they faked the Moon Landing...

Posted by: ontheDownLow ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 01:43PM

I know BY was in Boston I think. But that doesn't mean that this couldn't have been coordinated. Read about Sameul H. Smith and William Smith. Maybe BY might have planned the whole Nauvoo Expositor explotation of JS. BY did his sealings. BY was also rich. Maybe its a stretch to connect him with JS and Hyrum's deaths, but for sure Samuel's was very strange.

Posted by: me ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 02:01PM

http://openlibrary.org/books/OL7151557M/The_prophet_of_Palmyra

It might change your mind. He was in the area, and knew many people among the non-Mormons, and was a friend of Thomas Sharp of Warsaw Signal fame.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 02:21PM

Good thing Samuel didn't continue his "prescription." Brigham Young's possible and definite involvement in so many deaths is suspicious. Like these people you see on TV where the first wife dies mysteriously, and then the second, and then a third.

Bad luck? Most people just can't chain that many coincidences into an innocence doily. I sure can't, but then I'm predisposed to think badly of him because of his egomania, narcissism and complete disregard for the rights and feelings of others--plus, of course, his unbridled lust for power.

Wouldn't put anything past him.

Anagrammy

Posted by: RAG ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 02:54PM

As per our own Steve Benson via another website:

http://rfmorg.wordpress.com/2008/08/27/brigham-young-murdered-by-poison/

No honor among thieves/murderers/prophets?

Posted by: Unindoctrinated ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 03:11PM

Samuel's symptoms were not consistent with what was written as the cause of death, but rather a death by poisoning. If BY had anything to do with Samuel's demise (and I don't know either way), he certainly would not have had to be present when it happened. BY was more of a mob boss with henchmen than he was a religious leader. As with Anagrammy--wouldn't put it past him, but don't have evidence connecting him to it either. As far as JS's & HS's deaths, the culprits faces were painted, so who knows, very well could have been disaffected "saints" involved.

Some unanswered questions surrounded BY's own death as well. He had enemies, which may have included some of his wives that were cut off and treated like crap.

Posted by: me ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 03:23PM

He had his reasons for eliminating the possibility of a Smith dynasty in his church.

Posted by: Chicsedgewick ( )
Date: October 14, 2013 11:15AM

I have learned a lot about the church and it's leaders in the past few weeks. Amazing what you can see when you open your eyes....

Posted by: jacob ( )
Date: October 14, 2013 11:19AM

Mormonism is a demonstrably false syncretism, there is no need to stray to the fringes of believability to prove that Brigham was a false prophet.

Posted by: Exmosis ( )
Date: October 14, 2013 11:28AM

Methinks this theory is plausible!

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: October 14, 2013 02:01PM

Joseph Smith would be the good ol' boy fakir money digger thief and swindler like Till Eulenspiegel who gets bumped off by Mr. Evilesque Brigham Young to take over the cult...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.