Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anon (Reg Poster) ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 09:25PM

Anon, regular poster here.

::Sigh::

I pretty much thought this day would never come. I've decided that I want to go back to the Morg. I stopped believing in '08, had records removed in '12. I guess my life isn't any more complicated than the average poster here...I'm not married, no kids, great family relationships, budding career, excellent health...all in all I feel very blessed. I just felt like I was missing something.

Believe me, nobody was more shocked than I am when I found out it was the Morg I was missing in my life. Yesterday I met with the bishop and I have a rebaptism date scheduled. We're keeping it a private affair, it won't be publicized.

I don't need judgement or strife from any of you, I deserve your total support for my decision. I would do the same for you. I enjoyed our conversations and experiences shared, and I wish you all the very, very best.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Hmmm... ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 09:44PM

So why, exactly, did you post at all if you are content with your decision to return to church attendance, especially with a challenge at the end almost begging for flame throwers to give you their best shot?

If you are a sincere poster who is happy with your choice and not a professional troll, well and good for you. But realize, this is a place for those sincerely trying to recover FROM Mormon toxicity to come to freely share ideas without being shamed and guilted back into LD$, Inc activity.

You want to return to the life of a rank and file Mormon? It is your life. Go in peace.

Posted by: whywait ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 09:48PM

Anyone who insists their decision to leave Mormonism must be respected has to either respect your decision or wear the hypocrite badge.

Posted by: brothernotofjared ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 09:58PM

Just remember we're here if and when you're ready to come back...

Posted by: Happy visitor ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 10:02PM

If that's where you find joy, best of luck to you. It would seem like this is the wrong venue for making this announcement.

If you change your mind at some later point, we'll still be here for you to greet you with love and understanding. I hope that when you go back, your experience here will help you and those you associate with treat those who choose to leave with more kindness and empathy.

Posted by: Ex-Sis ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 10:10PM

For some, the church is a replacement for family. Shaking hands and pats on the back doesn't make the doctrine true. I hope you have decent leaders and kind neighbors. Single flyers are brave to face mormonism and the stereotypes/condescending attitudes...

I hope you find what you're looking for. Best wishes for peace and happiness.

Posted by: left4good ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 10:12PM

Anon (Reg Poster) Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Believe me, nobody was more shocked than I am when
> I found out it was the Morg I was missing in my
> life.

Just curious how you "found out" it was the Morg you are missing...

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 10:13PM

There might be something missing in your diet.

Make sure you're taking care of yourself, eating right, getting enough rest etc. Something here doesn't add up.

Wishes for a speedy recovery from whatever may be ailing you.

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 10:14PM

Not sure why you bothered to inform us anonymously. If you are that ashamed of your decision, maybe you should rethink it.

If you don't want any feedback from us, then why bothering posting this at all.

Probably because you are trolling, but if you are going back, best of luck to you. You will need it.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 10:15PM

We're all looking for the best way to get through this life. I hope you keep control of things in your ward; don't let the zealots steal away the happiness you've gone back to find.

If ghawd should ask you, tell him I still think he's a dick...

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 10:15PM

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 10:16PM

Why would your decision bother me? It doesn't affect me at all. Whatever floats your boat is the right decision for you.

Posted by: laperla not logged in ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 10:16PM

Please pardon my incredulity...

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 10:20PM

We don't owe you our total support. That is bull shit.

You are a complete stranger to me, I don't "owe" you the

time of day.

Posted by: Baloney ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 10:21PM

This strikes me as complete baloney. If this is genuine, why do it anonymously? No one can grieve for your leaving. No one knows who's "leaving."

Nah, I suspect that this is some troll who wants to show how "easy" it is to go back.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 10:24PM

Or someone who's just messing with us. Maybe drunk as a skunk for all we know, and typing with two fingers.

Posted by: exmember5000 ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 10:25PM

That answered my question about going back to the morg. I resigned in '10. I'm divorced. Yes, I might miss it. But I'm hoping to fill the void with a local church. Let me know how returning goes. I'm sure they would like to reconvert me. I'm a nice person, and I believed. I just don't like Monson. I miss Gordon B. Hinkley. I guess I'm too much "in the world" to fit the Mormonism mold. I just could never take the leap back.

Date: August 10, 2015 10:26PM

Also, I don't drive and don't want to be dependent on another member for a ride. I've got a local church that is a 10 minute walk.

Posted by: Hervey Willets ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 10:25PM

See ya back after the next F&T meeting.

Date: August 10, 2015 10:27PM

LOL

Posted by: beyondashadow ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 10:34PM

You immediately set off my BS detector.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ux3DKxxFoM

FF to 0:45

Date: August 11, 2015 12:20AM

We've given OP what he wanted already: Attention

What we should have done was .... total silence aka no response.

Posted by: Anonymous for this ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 10:39PM

Oh you'll be back. You're just missing something in your life and the church fills that Void. It will get old, quick.
We'll be here (with coffee, donuts, and tea) for when you get bored of living a fake lie.
BTW, you could join a real Christian church if religion is what you're missing. The Catholic church doesn't have the same lifestyle restrictions and you'll be 10% richer. Or you could also join a protestant church. Sex before marriage and masturbation as well as beer and coffee are a-ok... Just sayin'...

Posted by: FSM ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 10:41PM

The church of the flying spaghetti monster could also fill that void. You get to wear these neato colanders on your head at the DMV.

Posted by: raisedbyjackmormons ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 10:43PM

Not believable. If someone were truly going back, they wouldn't be telling us anonymously. What's the point? The only point would be to show all of us how leaving the cult can leave one achingly desperate to return. Ha. Something's fishy.

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 10:50PM

Once or twice a year some "anonymous" poster posts "anonymously" that they're going back to the the church. It's just some member trying to get some of us to "doubt our doubts."

Posted by: PapaKen ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 10:53PM

Years ago, my son wanted to move out of the house to live with some friends. I was seeing a therapist at the time, so I asked the therapist what I should do (i.e., let him go, or try to convince him to stay).

He offered this pattern he's seen in kids:
1. They want to get away from their parents, so they move out.
2. They are faced with the realities of life (rent, laundry, etc.) and they remember having meals & laundry done & no rent. So they eventually move back home.
3. They are faced with the realities of living with their parents again, so then they move out for good.

If you're not BSing us, you're about to take step 2 above. And eventually, when you're faced with the realities of the morg (again), you'll leave for good.

Posted by: randyj ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 10:56PM

"Believe me, nobody was more shocked than I am when I found out it was the Morg I was missing in my life."

Exactly what about the church do you miss? I've been out for 18 years, and I cannot think of a single thing about the LDS church that I miss or that would make me ever want to go back. I went one time, five years ago, to speak at my mother's funeral, and I couldn't get out of that place fast enough. It gave me the heebie-jeebies.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 10:57PM

You know what???? I'm calling Bullshit on this.

You're lying.

Posted by: Book of Mordor ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 10:59PM

If you really want to go back, have at it. Enjoy your endless meetings, your trivial callings, the constant guilt as you inevitably fall short. Revel in the judgment heaped upon you as a non-married childless. You won't miss that 10% anyway. Stock up on your supply of white shirts – or else! And be sure to bring a clean brush on Saturday.

But you do deserve all sorts of criticism for being too chickens*** to post under your regular board name. You made your decision and you're too embarrassed to own it. I guess in a real sense, you and Mormonism are meant for each other.

Posted by: lurking in ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 11:05PM

" ... [I]t was the Morg I was missing in my life."

So, which parts of "the Morg" have you been missing the most? The racism, the sexism, the homophobia, the anti-science, the anti-history, the anti-common sense ...?

Good luck with all that!

(Are you still going to refer to Mormon church as "the Morg?" when you're rebaptized? I think that's a violation of the 14th Article of Faith.)

Posted by: nonsequiter ( )

If you had your records removed it would take a lot more than a quick meeting with a bishop to be rebaptized.

I taught an excommunicated (she actually had her name removed due to personal reasons at the time) individual on my mission. We had to take her through all the missionary discussions and she had to meet with the stake president for her baptism interview.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2015 11:07PM by nonsequiter.

Posted by: brandywine ( )

Have fun with that. You already know all the lies and deception in Mormonism, to me that's not too different than someone returning to a cheating spouse.

Posted by: Optional2 (not logged in) ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 11:09PM

I miss the lost time to enjoy life with my family members such as vacations we did not take, because of paying tithing!

I miss the fun times we did not experience with our kids because their Dad was in meetings or serving n callings.

The kids are grown and gone and left the boring church before we did. We will always regret the empty times serving the so called church.

Posted by: Tall Man, Short Hair ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 11:14PM

My troll meter pegged on this one.

Not sure how you go back to a place built upon lies and seducing teenage girls. But the essence of Mormonism is sometimes overlooking ethics for the sake of warm fuzzies.

A life without integrity is seldom satisfying.

Date: August 10, 2015 11:26PM

Tall Man, Short Hair Wrote:
> A life without integrity is seldom satisfying.

^^^Amen!

Posted by: dejavue ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 11:14PM

Calling total BS on this OP Post. The stench is simply too over the top. What's that definition of insanity???

Posted by: geezerdogmom ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 11:15PM

"We'll keep the light on for you."

too bad you won't be allowed to log on to see it anymore.

Bye!

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 11:15PM

what has been learned about mormonism cannot be unlearned.

Date: August 10, 2015 11:28PM

Dave the Atheist Wrote:
> what has been learned about mormonism cannot be
> unlearned.

^^^ Exactly.

Posted by: isthechurchtrue ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 11:16PM

1) I don't think this Anon post about going back to Mormonism is genuine.
2) Does re-baptism remove sins? I mean if I get my records removed then wait till I am 65 to get re-baptized then does that mean I am clean again? Seems like a great deal. That way I don't have to pay all the tithing or listen to the non-sense my whole life. Plus I get to skip the baptism on my behalf in the Temple later.

Posted by: isthechurchtrue ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 11:20PM

@nonsequiter
You are right. A resigned member has to talk with the Stake President or the Mission President (if there aren't any Stakes in the area) to approve the re-baptism.

Posted by: nonsequiter ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 11:30PM

Yes I remember it being made a huge deal. Our MP was on us when we reported that we were baptizing a former member . The stake president wasnt available at the time (on vacation or something) and the whole thing was postponed almost an entire month.

And for how hungry the church is for membership... it just goes to show how much they worship protocol.

Posted by: michaelm (not logged in) ( )
Date: August 11, 2015 12:24AM

The CHI said that it would require First Presidency approval for a member who resigned to be re-baptized. Maybe that has changed?

Date: August 11, 2015 12:28AM

The Church should require a psych eval ... knowing the rebaptism candidate is most likely delusional.

Wait! Delusion is always a good thing. Never mind.

Posted by: michaelm (not logged in) ( )
Date: August 11, 2015 12:40AM

LOL! A church psych evaluator might be as credible as a stake patriarch, maybe a little more reliable than messages on a rock inside a hat.

Date: August 11, 2015 12:59AM

That's how they get their evaluations, from a rock in the hat.

Posted by: Oz ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 11:32PM

Soooo a "regular poster" who, presumably, has some time and emotional investment in this community bails back to the TSCC, but is *completely* anon for the announcement? Right.

Some trolls are easy to spot, some are subtle, some aren't really trolls at all because they just hold unpopular opinions, and finally there are some so unbelievably, over the top obvious it is painful. I do believe this is the latter.

Posted by: oneinbillions ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 11:34PM

Good luck. I hope you find what you're looking for. In my experience some people just need faith -- and others don't. Part of the natural variety of life, I suppose. Until we establish something that can replace religion to fulfill spiritual and communal needs, at least.

Just please remember that we "apostates" are not monsters, or evil, or even necessarily wrong. Hopefully having been in that position you'll be a bit more kind and open-minded than other Mormons.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2015 11:37PM by oneinbillions.

Posted by: lue ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 11:41PM

I smell a troll

Posted by: cpete ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 11:57PM

Trolls aren't real. Just like tcojcolds. Both lye in the realm of nakedness, make belief. The emperor had no cloths, it's a spade.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: August 11, 2015 12:07AM

Anon (Reg Poster) Wrote:
> I don't need judgement or strife from any of you,
> I deserve your total support for my decision. I
> would do the same for you. I enjoyed our
> conversations and experiences shared, and I wish
> you all the very, very best.

Sometimes we get things whether we think we need them or not.
Sometimes we think we deserve things when we don't.

You know the church's claims are false. But you're "going back" to it. That is dishonest at best. And it merits no support.

You're probably not a "regular poster" though -- I've seen no evidence you are. It's far more likely you're a TBM lying for the lard. In that case -- you deserve the morg.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 11, 2015 12:21AM

Your post is meaningless without a board name to attach to it. Without a name that we recognize, it's just a drive-by.

Posted by: roomwithaview ( )
Date: August 11, 2015 12:36AM

"I'm not married, no kids, great family relationships, budding career, excellent health...all in all I feel very blessed. I just felt like I was missing something."

Maybe you should get a dog.

Posted by: Doxi ( )
Date: August 11, 2015 12:52AM

roomwithaview Wrote:
> "I'm not married, no kids, great family
> relationships, budding career, excellent
> health...all in all I feel very blessed. I just
> felt like I was missing something."
>
> Maybe you should get a dog.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Nahh.
A dog deserves someone who can be loyal.

Poster: Good luck. You're going to need it,
especially if you claim to be going back but
you still call it "the Morg".

Posted by: subeamnotlogedin ( )
Date: August 11, 2015 12:47AM

Mormonism was very soothing to me so I do can understand why you would want to go back. On the other hand Mormonism is very damaging they have a high suicide rate and Prozac rate. Just when I think about the things the bishop asked me when I was engaged to make sure that I was worthy to get married in the temple was so degrading. HT and Vt "assigned friendships" giving everything for the building up of the kingdom even your own life.
A pig with lipstick on is still only a pig. The church is false no matter how hard we tried to make it true.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: August 11, 2015 12:48AM

It is typical that mods and admins can see the IP addresses from which each and every post is sent. Therefore, in an instance such as this, I don't think it unseemly that one of the staff let us know if the post has come from a regular poster's IP address. That's not foolproof, because all you have to do is go log on at the library or Starbucks or McDonalds, but at least it would be a baseline. We don't have to be told who the poster is, just whether the IP address is one regularly before. It it hasn't, and it's from a Utah IP address, that would be helpful, I think.

But then the supposed regular poster could say, "I'm a regular poster going anonymous, plus I'm not posting from where I regularly post..."

So, mods... I don't need, or care to, know who the poster is, but is it an IP address that's been seen before? If it is, case closed. If it isn't, we've really learned nothing new...

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: August 11, 2015 12:50AM

I went back after being out for 15 years. I got rebaptised and the whole bit. Not only that, I brought my kids and husband along with me. We stayed in for 20 years.

It was one of life's BIGGEST mistakes. It caused a ton of turmoil that was totally unnecessary. It caused our entire family to have drama that was not needed, and was not valid. Our lives would have been sooooo much better without the mormon invasion. People showing up uninvited, judging us when they had no right, people doing unspeakable things that caused our family a ton of pain.

We don't miss any of that crap. I'm the happiest grandmother on the planet. NONE of my grandkids are being indoctrinated into that guilt ridden insanity. They aren't being taught the mountain of lies that mormonism is. There are no temple marriages that exclude the rest of the family. My 8 year old grand babies aren't being coerced into making promises that they have no clue about. There's NO family finances being given to the real estate corp. called mormonism. Instead, the money is being put into college funds for the grandkids.

To top it all off, our family get togethers are very happy times. No religion, guilt, church meetings, etc. Just good family get togethers. How I wish that my childhood could have been so happy and not loaded with all of the mormon BS.

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: August 11, 2015 12:51AM

"I don't need judgement or strife from any of you, I deserve your total support for my decision. I would do the same for you. I enjoyed our conversations and experiences shared, and I wish you all the very, very best."

You gotta do what you think is best. But it seems really strange to act like everyone owes you support in your decision. I don't even know who you are. I can't even say "I'm gonna miss you Anon (Reg Poster)". Maybe someday I'll wonder, "whatever happened to that one guy?"

I hope you find what you are looking for.

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: August 11, 2015 12:55AM

. . . as you were supposedly doing when you claim to have been a "regular poster" in this forum.

You lecture the rest of us on how you don't want any negative judgment on this board--only 100% support and acceptance--yet, you are hiding your former identity while still expecting others here to trust your story and respect your decision.

Sorry, but I regard your approach as presumptive and gutless.

Besides that, you offer no proof that your tale is true.

In short, you'll fit in quite nicely back in Mormonism.

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2015 01:05AM by steve benson.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.