Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: August 06, 2015 01:20PM

I was watching the news last night here in SLC. The Secretary of the Interior was in Utah, talking about federal lands etc. The camera panned around the table and I could swear one of the people at the table was Sherri Dew. So, my question is why was she there? How does the CEO of Deseret Book get invited to such a discussion? Maybe it wasn't her, but it sure did look like her.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: August 06, 2015 01:26PM

She represents what God allows to fall from Heaven on those lands.

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: August 06, 2015 01:27PM

I found the clip on KSL just now. Yep, it is Sherri. In fact, the camera seemed to linger on her for just a split second longer then everyone else. So, now I am really wondering if she has become a defacto representative of TSCC in political matters. This meeting was concerning the possibility of a national monument being considered in Southern Utah.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: August 06, 2015 01:48PM

In southern Utah? A national monument to the MMM?

Posted by: brandywine ( )
Date: August 08, 2015 05:44AM

Hinckley already erected one of those.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: August 06, 2015 02:07PM

Who?

I don't live in Utah. I don't follow Deseret. I may have heard the name, but if I did, it didn't stick.

Is she "big" in Utah or something?

Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: August 06, 2015 02:39PM

Sheri Dew is one of the few single women in the church who has any presence is the news. She is the president of Deseret Book and wrote a couple of books for them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheri_L._Dew

Posted by: Book of Mordor ( )
Date: August 06, 2015 03:28PM

Sheri Dew is reported to co-own a house with Wendy Watson Nelson, the second wife of Next-In-Line Russell M. It appears Sheri and Wendy were long-term "roommates" prior to Wendy's holy apostolic union.

Sheri and Wendy are widely rumored to be, uh, intimately involved, thus the quotes around "roommates." Ah, life on top.

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1417538,1417950#msg-1417950

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,769556,769793#msg-769793

[And no, I'm not motivated enough to independently verify any of this. It's quite satisfying as is.]

Posted by: Sunston3R ( )
Date: August 08, 2015 01:28AM

ificouldhietokolob Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Who?
>
> I don't live in Utah. I don't follow Deseret. I
> may have heard the name, but if I did, it didn't
> stick.
>
> Is she "big" in Utah or something?

Ever heard of Google?

Date: August 08, 2015 01:42AM

I'm not adept at this, and I don't mean it as a put down: sometimes people write things as irony, or they ask a rhetorical question. And though it pains me to admit it, some people actually strive to be silly. Perhaps because it is the complete antithesis of mormonism. Or as in my case, because they are still in fifth grade, mentally and emotionally.

And nothing is more splendid than summer vacation after fifth grade, especially when you didn't pass and get to do it again.

Posted by: Emmabiteback ( )
Date: August 08, 2015 01:45AM

Closest grip for Sherri Dew..Martha Stewart for Hollywood. I stand corrected SD does not compare to Paula Dean..

Posted by: brandywine ( )
Date: August 08, 2015 05:46AM

She's also a former RS General president and the only single woman to have that position, that I know of.

Posted by: William Law ( )
Date: August 06, 2015 02:17PM

It might have been some other guy ;)

Posted by: lue ( )
Date: August 06, 2015 02:23PM

Good one Willaim Law:)

Posted by: Doxi ( )
Date: August 06, 2015 03:22PM

If she were any more of a token she could get you a ride on the subway.

Posted by: sb ( )
Date: August 06, 2015 03:31PM

She is the top ranking lesbian in the LDS church.

Posted by: iflewover ( )
Date: August 06, 2015 03:37PM

LOL'd for real. Still laughing inside. Thanks sb!

Posted by: sb ( )
Date: August 06, 2015 03:52PM

;)

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: August 08, 2015 11:55AM

Or the top ranking polygamist wife.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: August 06, 2015 03:32PM

what a bitch a roo nee DEW nee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qzslp7c7ATc

her face always looks like a pimple that needs to burst so badly that its agonizing painful, but it just can't

Posted by: Ex-Sis ( )
Date: August 08, 2015 01:57AM

Is there a contest to determine how long she can speak without saying anything substantial?

Has anyone here read her books?

Posted by: crystalwolf ( )
Date: August 09, 2015 06:29PM

I think she wrote a biography of ETB. I read it when I was going to church and thought it was really good. Of course, I had/have no idea how accurate it was.

Date: August 06, 2015 04:07PM

Aside from Marie Osmond, has any American woman gotten ahead in business or politics by just by being loving, sweet and charming?

Posted by: Ex-Sis ( )
Date: August 06, 2015 04:22PM

A single Mormon woman owns half a house? Alert the media!

If she doesn't do all in her token "power" to begin to change things, anything, for females in that religion, then it really is all about her, and promoting the agenda of the 15 stoners.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: August 06, 2015 05:16PM

Broke Back Y Mountain with Sheri Dew -that was a good one !

Posted by: Eternigator ( )
Date: August 07, 2015 07:38PM

Back when I was investigating, Sherri Dew was held up to me as proof that I would not be marginalized after I had finished my advanced education. I was supposed to feel like I would not be treated poorly for my lack of interest/ability to care for a sports team of children, because Ms. Dew wasn't. Didn't make sense to me then, and doesn't now.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 07, 2015 07:51PM

I know that as an older woman who has been single for my entire life, I have sometimes been suspected of being gay by those who do not know me well. I believe that was part of the reason why I once lost a teaching job. I really dislike it when people make knee-jerk assumptions about my sexuality just because I'm persistently single. I imagine that Ms. Dew has felt the same way.

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: August 08, 2015 02:03AM

Well said. And her sexuality is really nobody's business.

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: August 08, 2015 11:30AM

Had a conversation with a lady who's husband is family with The Dew.

It's 100% confirmed. It's one of those 'don't ask don't tell' but in The Dew's circle it's never been a secret.

I asked about Wendy Watson and was told it was platonic, but then I told her to look up property records. Why would The Dew need a roomie? Seems to me she is financially secure, wouldn't need to be roomies especially with both names on record. Then, The Dew lives on the same street at Wendy and her beard? Ain't buying it.

And the vile things The Dew spouted about gays IMO makes her Boyd 2.0

Posted by: Very Afraid of Mormons ( )
Date: August 07, 2015 08:25PM

Token female.

The camera also lingers on the few Black people attending conference.

I'm happily divorced, and as a single woman, my best friends are single women. Otherwise, it's a couples world, here in SLC.

A few of those friends are lesbians--but that doesn't make me a lesbian.

I kind of resent it, too. It's like Mormons believing that if they associate with apostates, that they might be mistaken for being an apostate, too.

It doesn't rub off. Lesbians aren't contagious. The lifestyle doesn't make you lesbian. Owning a cat, wearing pants suits (Hilary Clinton), owning a house with a roommate, having a face like a dried apple, saying "no" to men after your money--these things don't make you a lesbian.

Posted by: Very Afraid of Mormons ( )
Date: August 07, 2015 08:27PM

Being a strong, successful woman doesn't mean you're a lesbian!

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: August 08, 2015 11:31AM

Absolutely not, but licking Wendy Watsons pusetta for 15 years DOES.

Posted by: cpete ( )
Date: August 08, 2015 11:36AM

There is a cure for the "truth" claims of tscc. Apostasy is contagious, pass it along.

Posted by: lue ( )
Date: August 07, 2015 08:31PM

So has she dated again after her quite public break up to " the one" she was suppose to marry when she was younger?

Wonder what ever happened to the guy after he broke off their relationship?

Posted by: Black Grape ( )
Date: August 08, 2015 11:14AM

Russell M just wanted a three way with Sherri and her roomie. It was to break all taboos. Sherri was supposed to be dressed as a construction worker, her roomie a Ute Indian and Russell M was going to wear an adult diaper and be a big baby. Unfortunately it was exposed at the highest levels of the COB. They tried to prevent Russell M from participating but he still went and the video of the event is in the church vault. One scene is rumored to have them all in a conga line going around the house. Church security can be seen blocking the conga line from leaving the house in the video.

Posted by: rationalist01 ( )
Date: August 09, 2015 06:45PM

I find it very funny that Sherry Dew and Wendy Watson are rumored to be "an item." It's probably true, as same-sex stuff is just as likely to be present in Mormon folk as anywhere else. It's a thing. The funny part is how they attempt to mask it! LOL!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.